Argentina Mier....

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 02:58 am
Laughing Argentina what a country , nothing but sick people.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,283 • Replies: 9
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 12:01 pm
italiacelle, I'm gonna assume you're goin' for humor here. However, if this thread draws a bunch of flames and general bad behavior, it will disappear.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:56 pm
WELCOME TO A2K!
Welcome to A2K, italiacelle! For a first post . . . this one is a bit "diffferent." How are the Argentinians "sick"? Cough, sneeze, and fever kind of "sick," or not nice kind of "sick"? O.K. What did you LIKE about the country and the people? There MUST BE something. And, yes, I have traveled there.[/color]
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 01:15 am
ive been there too and i actually liked it and the people..well most of em anyway
0 Replies

frassinetti

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:31 pm
Hi,I'm from Argentina,so I thought I would write this article on an intersting get away close by to Buenos Aires,Argentina...... maybe it contains some usefull information.

Isla Martín García: a one of a kind getaway.........

Some 30 minutes away from downtown Buenos Aires is Tigre, a riverside location home to great attractions such as beautiful fruit markets, handcrafts and all sorts of wooden furniture open air shops. The steeping stone to the Island thats only about 2 square miles big .......

Arriving to the Martin García island can be done either by boat or by taxi plane. Unlike the other islands in the Argentinean delta -earthy sediments formations- the Martín García island is a volcanic formation and an emergence of the mass in Sierra de la Ventana. This has set the basis for an amazing combination of nature, birds, flowers, trees that make of this place a great option for all sorts of alternative tours, ecotourism, cultural and historical walks and of course a great option for those who want to take some time off the city's noise and clutterness.

The historical background of this island is just amazing, all sorts of personalities -such as one of Argentina's most famous presidents Juan Domingo Perón, the famous Nicaraguan poet Ruben Darío, as well as the worldly known Dr. Maza who discovered the vaccine to chagas chose this beautiful place as their home.Some as prisoners, as the island was used on several occasions to confine political prisoners.

Today its a tourist attraction ...... from visting the Fort built in 1868,the old Penal dating back from 1765..... and a graveyard with inclined crosses,that folk history says where to mark where the victims of the yellow fever had been buried.All this and much more atracts the local and international tourist.

The old colonial constructions in the center of the of this beautiful town blend together with other no less beautiful buildings that express the American and French aesthetical influence in those sensitive and delightful designs in a very art nouveau style.

From the center of the island one can appreciateone of the famous lighthouses built in the early years of 1880's. It has lighten this island's coasts for more than one hundred years. The building shows clean and strong lines, inside, a snail ladder leads us to the highest point of the island from were we can enjoy an amazing view.

I hope you have enjoyed reading and will take this island into considration.

Frassinetti,Roberto Dario.
Buenos Aires,Argentina.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:54 pm
gracias amigo Very Happy
thats sounds very interesting
ill check it out when im next in argentina Smile
which will be in six months time Smile
0 Replies

frassinetti

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 08:06 am
Hello my friend from Leeds,yes,please feel free to go,I see you have allready been down this way..... I take it both for work and pleasure? Enjoy and if you are in need of any help just contact me,best wishes from a "porteno",Bob Frassinetti.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 10:51 am
no, no para trabajo, solo para vacaciones.. Wink
tengo una novia en mendoza Smile
vive con ella por tres meses desde enero hasta abril este ano y tambien aprende castellano por siete semanas en un instituto alla...
voy a volver a argentina en noviembre o enero por tres o cuatro meses y tambien voy a aprender mas castellano Wink
0 Replies

frassinetti

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 11:10 am
Yes,your Spanish is more thank good,and a "girl friend" in Mendoza is just "great",as you also go out and do a bit of checking out some good wines.... I hope! I picked up my English in the UK;I went to Mt Saint Marys College in Spinkhill in the 70's! Thats some time ago! Cheers from BA,Bob
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 12:49 pm
thank you Smile
my spanish is good to say i only spent 7 weeks learning it and i had never spoken spanish before in my life Wink
i met my girlfriend on the internet and after several months of chatting i decided to go and meet her in argentina...
once i arrived there i quickly realised not that many people spoke english
so i decided to go to learn some spanish....
for the first few week i felt totally lost but after this i began to understand more and more

glad you got the chance to visit england Smile
i was only born in the 70's .
i did try lots of different wines in mendoza even though i dont really drink that much... i made an exception while i was there...i also broke my vegetarian tradition to try some of your argentinian beef which i thought was very good too....
for me argetina was very cheap so i got to drink some very good wines and i think i will buy an appartment in mendoza and spend several months a year there from now on Smile
take care
la paz y el amor
chau
0 Replies