Polar Bears Thriving during "Global Warming"

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 12:44 pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=0KYG5S2BNTTWDQFIQMGSFFOAVCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/03/09/wpolar09.xml

"Contrary to concern over a celebrated photograph of a bear and its cub floating on a tiny iceberg, the animals often travel in that way..."

Doh! I coulda told you that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,280 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:08 pm
I suggest you do more research. Your children will have no chance to see a polar bear in the wild within 30 years. So much for that polar bear rug you crave.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:10 pm
And you pulled that piece of information from where?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:17 pm
God himself could make the proclaimation to your face and you would not believe it. Why should I do your Googling for you? Whatever sources I choose you will claim they are biased. If you want the facts you will have to go hunt for them yourself. I think you're afraid of the truth - that being we live on a dying planet.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:28 pm
Have you seen the commercial, Green Witch, where the guy is standing on the railroad tracks and the train is fast approaching behind him, horn blowing, and the voiceover is telling the guy of the danger to the planet due to global warning and the guy ask, "When's this going to happen?" and the voiceover says "In about thirty years."

The guy gives a dismissive wave to the camera and says, "Big deal, I won't be around."

He then steps off the track as the train is almost upon him and reveals a little girl standing behind him.

She has a look on her face of impending doom -- her time has come.

That is cjhsa's daughter on those tracks.

God have mercy on her soul.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:31 pm
Sick bastard you are Gus, and all of you for believing in all the globalization bullshit.

The train is liberalism.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:32 pm
I was sure your response was going to be something to the effect of you not having a daughter, cjhsa.

Your versatility surprised me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:36 pm
Back in the 1970's, it was global cooling that was going to kill us all. I was standing behind my father on those same tracks.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:38 pm
Damned engineer. How'd he miss?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:39 pm
He went left.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 01:40 pm
Well, he was on the right track.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:01 pm
when I win the lottery I will start a Polar Bear Preserve... I will train them to ride unicycles and eat big dumb midwestern rednecks....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:07 pm
They'll starve to death. Feed them liberal assholes. There's at least one of those per liberal.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:11 pm
sorry pal you'll never get that one to fly. I've spent time in the mid west.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:12 pm
cjsha reminds me of my father-in-law who died of lung cancer. He smoked for 40 years and even on his death bed, hooked up to an oxygen tank, he denied cigarettes had anything to do with his demise. Some people are incapable of facing the truth and it is a waste of time to try and help them see the light. The earth is going to ignore his ignorance, as shall I.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:15 pm
when the Earth has had enough it will purge itself of cj... unfortunately, along with the rest of us. Wheat and the chaff shall both be thrown in the fire. :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:19 pm
Are polar bears endangered?
Polar bears are a potentially threatened species rather than an endangered one. A threatened species is one that could easily become endangered in the foreseeable future. The major threat to the polar bear is climate change. Other threats include pollution, poaching, and industrial disturbances. Hunting could become a threat if populations are not well managed. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed that polar bears be added to the Threatened Species list under the U.S. Endangered Species Act. Canada and Russia both list the polar bear as "a species of concern." In 2005, the world's leading polar bear scientists reclassified the polar bear as vulnerable on the IUCN World Conservation Union's "Red List of Threatened Species," noting that the species could become extinct due to sea ice changes.
Polar Bear International FAQ
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:36 pm
Ignore me at your OWN peril. I am very in tune with the earth and the outdoors. Is there global warming? Not up here - our winter sucked. Is there climate change? Of course, it's been changing for a long time - your misguided belief that it will happen in thirty years or is due entirely to human activity is a bunch of crap.

http://www.lmsal.com

Study some sunspots for awhile. It might be "enlightening".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:39 pm
Green Witch wrote:
cjsha reminds me of my father-in-law who died of lung cancer. He smoked for 40 years and even on his death bed, hooked up to an oxygen tank, he denied cigarettes had anything to do with his demise. Some people are incapable of facing the truth and it is a waste of time to try and help them see the light. The earth is going to ignore his ignorance, as shall I.

As far as "incapable of facing the truth", please rephrase that "unwilling to accept a falsehood".
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2007 02:43 pm
However, even in the seemingly pristine Arctic environment, polar bears are threatened by the spread of hormone-disrupting chemicals and global warming. This affects the polar ice edge ecosystem, the habitat of walrus, seals and penguins, as well as bears.

Global warming could already be having a negative impact on polar bears. In Canada's Hudson Bay (see map), numbers have been declining according to a study by Canadian Wildlife Services. Ice on the bay is melting an average of three weeks earlier than in the mid-1970s. This forces polar bears to retreat further inland before they have been able to replenish their reserves of fat by feeding on seal pups, which live on the ice.

The polar bears in the Hudson Bay are unique in the Arctic because they fast for six to eight months of hibernation and rely on winter hunting for survival. Longer ice-free periods during the artic summer leave polar bears stranded onshore for longer periods. The delay in freeze-up causes polar bears to lose critical fat reserves affecting reproduction and the ability of pregnant females to produce enough milk for their cubs. Scientists can already document a 15 percent drop in birth rates.

Threatened by Global Warming
0 Replies