the fight to save our generation

bretter

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:16 pm
many have responded to my opiniated views on how the world should be. they think i am to young to use this forum. well i would like all of you to know. that Jesus wanted adults to be like children. Jesus said not to judge people on age.

p.s to all those people who have read my topics before because of people like ebrown_p this will be my last post for a while
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 944 • Replies: 10
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:19 pm
Thanks for sharing your wisdom bretter, keep on keeping on with the good works
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 07:55 pm
I think that people here are honestly seeking answers for many of life's questions, and very few people on this forum are intentionally mean or disrespectful to people because of their age. I have seen people point out the limitations encountered through lack of life experience, especially on the relationship/sexuality forum. And one has to always filter people's responses on public forums because there are a few jerks out there. You have to use your own personal discretion to decide if a post is for real or if the person is being disrespectful and unhelpful. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be coming back because in my experience here, people genuinely want to engage in enlightening conversation. But go forth, spread God's light (and hopefully with respect to all people) if that is your intention.

Just a side note, and I don't say this to be rude, but you might want to work on your grammar a little bit. People tend to take posts more seriously if they use capitals and punctuation correctly. Like I said, I don't say this in a disrespectful way, but it might help for people to understand that you are "for real" since, like I said, on public forums there is the occasional stirer or the pot. Good luck to you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:12 pm
This is undoubtedly hard for you to understand, bretter, but ebrown is a person who was thinking of your well being, and speaking in the manner of "in loco parentis", to protect you. I would suggest you ask your parents if it is all right if you post on this site. Given that you are 13 or over it is legally all right, but I understand his qualms about your getting a lot of challenges to your views at your transitional age. I don't mean that to be condescending, and I'm not sure he's right, but he was thinking to protect you.

I would suggest that if you do stay with a2k you look at some of the long threads in the spirituality and religion forum and study the different arguments.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:13 pm
ebrown ran someone off?

He's the most rational person on this board.

Seriously.

Now, where's the chicken fried steak?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:24 pm
I meant to edit and say that it is legally fine re the website to have people post at age 13 or over, but given your views, your parents may want to protect you from reasoned views, or not so reasoned views, differing from your family's views, while you are your present age.

As I said, I don't know that I agree with that, but I understand the qualm.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 06:05 am
Any person of any age should have full freedom to explore alternative views to that of his family, and should be allowed full access to all information on such issues.

However, there are traps and pitfalls, so a measure of guidance is never a bad thing. I am not sure all people in their early teens understand how damaging it can be to embrace nazism, for instance, and so to have someone more experienced that you trust to talk to can save you a lot of "wrong" turns and "bad" experiences.

Preferably, this guidance should come from someone who understands how to help you think rationally without telling you what to think, someone who would willingly offer up unbiased information.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:20 am
On another thread ebrown posted:

Quote:
Bretter,

I am very curious about what brings you here. You obviously have traditional religious values, and you have said you are in seventh grade.

You are going to find people here who are older than you... most of us are pretty decent (for adults). But if I am reading between the lines correctly you are a young teenager from a deeply religous southern family.

You probably haven't had very much experience with people who aren't like your parents. There is a big world out there, and there are a lot of different types of people. Many people here have had experiences and beliefs and ideas very different to what you have been exposed to.

If you are going to be here, you are going to have to recognize that people don't have to believe in the Bible, or even God to be decent, happy people who love their kids, stand up for what is right, and are generally happy in life.

I, like you grew up in a deeply religious family. I had to go through the process of figuring out how the experiences of my religion (which sheltered me from the world) matched or conflicted with the experiences once I started learning about the world .

To be honest, I am not sure if you being here is good for you... If you were my kid, I might want to protect you-- especially if I was raising you to be religious.

Are you ready to be open minded enough to listen to, and accept, the experiences of people who come from very different backgrounds than you?

Bretta seems allergic to the Christian Paternal Mode.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:11 am
Re: the fight to save our generation
bretter wrote:
many have responded to my opiniated views on how the world should be. they think i am to young to use this forum. well i would like all of you to know. that Jesus wanted adults to be like children. Jesus said not to judge people on age.

p.s to all those people who have read my topics before because of people like ebrown_p this will be my last post for a while

If hearing someone elses opinion of your own opinions makes you this upset that you have to leave, you are too young to be here. Adults have discussion and share ideas and thoughts, even if they don't always agree.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:06 am
People try to put us down . . .
(Talkin' 'bout my generation!)
Just because we g-get around . . .
Things they do loo-look awful c-cold . . .
Hope i die before i get old . . .

Well, my generation, yeah . . .
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2007 06:51 am
Dont christains believe in forgive and forget?
Staring a thread a deliberatly trying to put ebrown in a negative light to gain sympathy isnt a very mature, or very christain thing to do. So maybe he was right.
0 Replies