THE BRITISH THREAD II

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 04:47 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
I'm in the dark here. Who are you referring to? This is a British thread, so I guess there's gonna be some tomfoolery for sure and certain.

I was referring to the various freaks who've been attacking me here. Part of being one of the good guys is that evil scumbags always like to attack you.

Has nothing to do with the UK. All nations have freaks like these among their populace.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:33 am

This gives you the measure of our correspondent.
McTag

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:34 am
bump
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:34 am
bump1
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:39 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
This gives you the measure of our correspondent.

It is nice being one of the good guys. It gives a certain sense of satisfaction when I prevent one of you from harming an innocent person with your hateful lies.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 08:12 am
Yesterday and today, it has been in the news that "Cornish is recognised as national minority group" and "people of Cornwall will have same rights and protections as other Celtic groups in Scotland, Wales and Ireland".

Seems perfectly correct.

However, since Europe is obviously used in the UK (and in the English language generally) synonymously for various different things, the sentence (quoted from the Guardian) "The chief secretary to the Treasury, Danny Alexander, said it meant Cornish people would be classified under the European framework convention for the protection of national minorities in the same way as the UK's other Celtic people, the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish." needs some clarification, I think.

It has only very little to do with the EU, because the direct role of the European Union (and also the law of the EU/EC) in the area of protection of national minorities is very limited.
That quoted European framework convention for the protection of national minorities is by the Council of Europe (47 European countries, European Court of Human Rights etc).

And that's the institution, Russia and the UK want to leave ...
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 08:17 am
@Builder,
Thanks, I remember you too, and I trust you and yours are well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 08:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
And that's the institution, Russia and the UK want to leave ...

Not all of the UK, just some Tories and UKIP.

Walter wrote:
Yesterday and today, it has been in the news that "Cornish is recognised as national minority group" and "people of Cornwall will have same rights and protections as other Celtic groups in Scotland, Wales and Ireland".

How will that go down with the Emmets?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 08:31 am
The sooner Nigel Farage's UKIP party comes to power in Britain and gets us out of the wretched European Union the better..Smile
Farage in action against the Eurocrats-

izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 09:19 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Industry and commerce will desert the UK in droves, the only people with any money will be Russian oligarchs. Dos vedanya Tovarisch.
spendius

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 09:35 am
@izzythepush,
You don't think the administrative class will allow Farage the scope he has now do you? He is stitched up before he starts. Nice and neat.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 10:17 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

The sooner Nigel Farage's UKIP party comes to power in Britain and gets us out of the wretched European Union the better..Smile
Well, I can understand that you've no idea about the differences between the EU and Europe (e.g. Council of Europe).
But Farage actually should know more than just being on the EU's payroll.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 12:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

But Farage actually should know more than just being on the EU's payroll.

Don't forget his wife.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 12:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Obviously no British is lean and mean, quick like a greyhound, tough as leather, and hard as Krupp steel which is needed to serve him and his comrades.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 01:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
"UKIP is implementing Bismark's policy of isolating Britain" Henning When.
spendius

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 01:50 pm
@izzythepush,
UKIP is articulating the pub voice of the common man. It is the method employed from the beginning of political activity.

Unfortunately the common man hasn't a clue.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 02:01 pm
Incidentally is mass immigration into the UK a good or bad thing?
Most people seem unable or too scared to give a straight yes or no answer.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 02:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I think it's better to have a "mass immigration" than such a barbaric invasion as done by the Anglos, Saxons, Jutes and Frisians.

Sincerely: what is a mass immigration? Are university students part of it? Bankers on a time-limited job?
And what numbers do you use for that term? Population density? "Natives" versus "foreigners"? Colour versus ethnicity? Your (UKIP's) personal feeling versus data (or the lack of those)?

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 02:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Incidentally most of UKIP's supporters are about your age, the young see things a lot differently.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 03:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Incidentally is mass immigration into the UK a good or bad thing?
Most people seem unable or too scared to give a straight yes or no answer.

It is an impossible question Romeo. The answer can only be provided by outcomes and nobody has any idea what they might be in the various circumstances.

Sometimes a pub becomes so popular that people can't get their elbows free to lift up their pint or tell what is being said to them. Then it becomes less popular and after a short time an equilibrium is arrived at.

The problem solves itself.
0 Replies