THE BRITISH THREAD II

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 05:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Please clarify who you are calling dumbass.

I didn't repost to any of your posts.

I must assume that you are attacking me and respond accordingly.

If you weren't attacking me you should have been clear about that.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
And sorry, freakjob,

You shouldn't run around falsely accusing people of being a freak like McTag.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
you don't control what I post on a public board.

So? You might want to double-check just who is issuing "orders" about where people can post. (It isn't me.)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:07 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I remind you that my IQ is about 50 times higher than yours.

So if Walter's IQ was, say, 100 (and it's probably a little bit higher than that) ... that would put your IQ at 5,000?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I was never good at maths.
McTag

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:28 am
bip
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 11:57 am

The first twenty minutes of Eddie Mair on Radio4 this evening were about David Moyes and Manchester United.
Apparently there was a clause in his contract of employment which said he could be sacked if he did not qualify for European competition. So bad luck, no unfair dismissal claim possible.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:12 pm
@izzythepush,
United shares (on the New York Stock Exchange) were up more than 6.5 per cent at $18.80 at 1900 BST.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:27 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What's interesting is how this will affect the Glazers. Their business model was predicated on United finishing 3rd or better in the premiership and making the QFs or better in the FA Cup and Champions League. They've only met one of those objectives, and there'll be no Champions League next season.

Not only that, they're bound to get thrashed in their last premiership game of the season.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:43 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

oralloy wrote:

So if Walter's IQ was, say, 100 (and it's probably a little bit higher than that) ... that would put your IQ at 5,000?

Nobody's IQ is "50 times" anybody else's. Possible ratios barely exceed 2:1. Measurable IQ ranges from around 75 (imbecile) to average (100, by definition) to perhaps 200 (genius). I would put oralloy's level at the lower end of that scale.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:22 pm
@McTag,
From the Guardian: Manchester United face loss of more than £200m over David Moyes' sacking
Quote:
Hiring David Moyes last year will end up costing Manchester United more than £200m, experts estimate, as the Premier League champions now attempt to re-establish themselves among European football's elite while wrestling with their huge debts.
[...]
However, the cheques that United now need to write out do not stop there. Football finance's rule of thumb is that £100m of transfer fees cost you £200m when you include wages over four-year contracts. Moyes will need to be compensated, moreover. While the former United manager signed what was widely reported as a six-year deal – it is understood that he agreed to a one-year severance package. Along with bonuses, his golden handshake will total around £4.5m.

The support staff around Moyes also must be compensated, assuming they follow the manager out of Old Trafford. Moyes dispensed with the services of the coaches René Meulensteen, Eric Steele, and Mike Phelan who served his predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson, and there is a similar prospect for Moyes' own inner team of Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden. The total compensation for sacking all five could come to around £1.5m.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 02:48 pm
@contrex,
Like most of Oralboy's responses, it's the sort of think a sulky twelve year old would come out with, that, andI'm not you are, Freedomhaters, Liar! and I'm fighting evil, all of which he repeats ad nauseam.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:04 pm
I'm failing to understand here. (not the first time!)

If the team, consisting of players, doesn't get sufficient wins, why is that the responsibility of the manager? Shouldn't the players get the bullet? They are the ones who failed.

Instead, they continue to get their massive pay packets and the manager gets the boot??? What about paying them about £100 a game - until they start winning? Be a better incentive than sacking the manager?
McTag

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:07 pm
@margo,

Margo, that's too sensible to work.

Typical woman.
margo

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 03:43 pm
@McTag,
Very Happy Shocked
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 04:52 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:
Instead, they continue to get their massive pay packets and the manager gets the boot???

With £4.2million.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 05:06 pm
@margo,
Quote:
I'm failing to understand here.

Yes you are margo but don't worry about it. I find your incomprehension attractive. I have always had a thing about dumb broads.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 08:38 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
oralloy wrote:

It depends on how you measure it actually.

It could be calculated this way: Walter Hinteler is about smart enough that, in a random population of five people, he would be the smartest person.

On the other hand, I am smart enough that, in a random population of 10 million people, I would be the smartest person.

"10 million divided by five" puts me 2 million times smarter than Walter Hinteler is.

However, it was not intended to be quite a literal measurement, just a note that my IQ is way higher than his and that he should remember his place. The point wasn't the exact number, but that, intellectually speaking, Walter Hinteler is nothing but dirt compared to me.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 08:38 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
I would put oralloy's level at the lower end of that scale.

That is because you low-IQ trash like to falsely accuse your betters of your own stupidity.
McTag

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 12:13 am
@oralloy,

**** off you worm.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 12:21 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
**** off you worm.

You whine well (for a worthless freak at least).
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 12:45 am

600 American troops being sent to Poland.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 01:08 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
600 American troops being sent to Poland.

We should send Poland the two heavy brigades they are actually asking for (plus station 10-20 of those shiny new "usable" tactical nuclear weapons on their soil if they are willing).

And we should offer the same to Romania.

Some sort of troop buildup in the Baltic states is in order too. Also Georgia.

And get Georgia into NATO already (or at least give them a treaty guaranteeing we will defend them).

Might be nice to also set up a small Navy base on the Black Sea, maybe base a handful of those new littoral frigates there.