THE BRITISH THREAD II

McTag

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 04:37 am
@izzythepush,

Did that bitch Kirchner really buttonhole the Pope on the Falklands issue?

Just what the new guy needed.

What a shallow, opportunist, publicity-seeking stunt.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 04:58 am
The precedent she used was that previous popes have intervened in disputes between Chile and Argentina. It may work there, but Britain can hardly be described as a catholic country.

I think she's using the Falkands as a distraction from her rather shoddy performance domestically.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 05:33 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Quote:

That sounds like you view it as a minor policy hitch to me. In any event you're taking a long objective 'Obama's place in history' type of approach to the subject, which, just like the Falklands, completely ignores the human dimension.
[/quote Youre insane. You have this annoying penchant for making up totally wacky extyensions of someones post. As aI said before, show me where I said something as you assert OR where you can even imply such?
Jumping to idiotic conclusions seems to be your hobby no?
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 05:40 am
@ossobuco,
seen this guy take others posts and stretching them to the breaking.
Yes you are right. Discussing some consequences of what extended uses of drones can mean to a presidency is only an example of how we here in US are not monolithic in our reasoning. Many of us are quite concerned about these proposed extension of drone usage (some are not, and a few others are vacillating). Izzy just likes to parse "words and teeny phrases" and then he goes to these ridiculous ends with "made up" conclusions. .
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:40 am
@farmerman,
For God's sake, you write a load of nonsensense, and it's very difficult to work out where you stand on any issue, other than Argentina should own the Falklands. I'm not going to repeat myself any more, I've already stated where you passed off the continued use of drones as a minor policy hitch. It's not my fault you can't be bothered to read it.

You have a very 19th Century approach to empire, and won't, or refuse to, see the very real impacxt of American imperialism in the 21st Century. Until you actually try to address the issues raised don't expect to be taken seriously.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 06:48 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
. Discussing some consequences of what extended uses of drones can mean to a presidency is only an example of how we here in US are not monolithic in our reasoning. Many of us are quite concerned about these proposed extension of drone usage

You're not saying anything here.
Are you concerned about the current use of drones, never mind the proposed extension of their use?

If you don't want people to misinterpret what you're your saying why don't you actually say something instead of vacillating and hiding behind verbosity.

When someone refuses to answer something, or makes cheap jokes about a serious issue it's not unreasonable to interpret their silence as tacit approval.

Guess what? None of us know what you're thinking, so why don't you actually say something for once? For all your verbosity you've still not said anything to suggest you think the Honduran coup is anything other than a jolly wheeze. If you don't think that, say so. Stop condemning me for filling in the blanks because you're clearly incapable of dealing with the subject at hand.
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:21 am
@izzythepush,
KMA Izzy. Youre all over the map trying to create false premises most of which are nonsensical. ANYWAY, who died and made you guest inquisitor? WHy not just stick tothe topic at hand rather than flinging nets all about and raising topics that have no relevancy.

Yes I think ARgentina will prevail ultimately.
When UK started in with its first colony of "Empire", most Americans were staunch supporters of the crown. I predict that the Bennies of Falkands will eventually become aligned with ARgentina as the dynamic nations of SA continue to assert themselves in the world.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:21 am
@izzythepush,
KMA Izzy. Youre all over the map trying to create false premises most of which are nonsensical. ANYWAY, who died and made you guest inquisitor? WHy not just stick tothe topic at hand rather than flinging nets all about and raising topics that have no relevancy.

Yes I think ARgentina will prevail ultimately.
When UK started in with its first colony of "Empire", most Americans were staunch supporters of the crown. I predict that the Bennies of Falkands will eventually become aligned with ARgentina as the dynamic nations of SA continue to assert themselves in the world.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

You're not saying anything here.
Are you concerned about the current use of drones, never mind the proposed extension of their use?

Why be so obtuse? Several others have no trouble understanding.
As usual you are only interested in creating false premises by making assertions based on silly and stupid extensions of logic.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:28 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

When someone refuses to answer something, or makes cheap jokes about a serious issue it's not unreasonable to interpret their silence as tacit approval.

You really are insane. I did neither and Ive provided serious answers to your initial questions.You were the oho started off on the "US is an evil empire" tack. I can agree that both UK and US have lots to answer for so please dont try to makeme sound like some NAzi because I feel that the Malvinas will ultimately go with the region. (Maybe they will not be part of ARgentina. They may, like CAnada have polite relations with both UK and ARgentina while being a real sovereign nation. You try to make it sound like the FAlklands have "As good as sovereignty", when they do not. Look at your history.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 09:00 am
@farmerman,
You made a cheap joke about Honduras, and still have not said you think the coup is good or bad. If you sound like a Nazi you've only got yourself to blame.
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
Youre fucked in the head. I did not. That was a direct quote by the NYT dipshit
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 09:21 am
@farmerman,
You decided to post it in response to my mentioning of the coup. You decided to make a cheap joke about other people's suffering, and so far that's the only thing you've said about the coup in Honduras. It's not like you haven't been given the opportunity to say something else.
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 09:26 am
@izzythepush,
Well Izzy, I hope youre happy in that delusion cause its a lie. Ive heard that delusions make perfect sense to he who is the deluded. AND what was the reason you had to mention the Honduran coup?? Is it something you just read in an op ed?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 09:34 am
@farmerman,
The reason I mentioned the coup was you were pontificating about the evils of British imperialism, and the catholic church, whilst giving America a free pass.

You've yet to say whether you think the coup was justified.

In short it grates to be lectured about imperialism by a citizen of the most imperialist country on the planet. Especially when said citizen refuses to comment on his own country's imperialist adventures.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:12 am
@McTag,
What d'you make of the budget? 1p off a pint, that'll do the trick.
McTag

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:23 am
@izzythepush,

To be fair (and I hate to say they when discussing a Tory chancellor) he didn't have much to play with. There's a lively debate on at the moment on Radio 4.
In the House, the usual cynicism and tit-for-tat exchanges. It's not good to listen to. I'm astonished by the ability of people like Osborne to put a vigorous case with positive spin while promising us nothing of any substance.
He must have been studying Tony Blair.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:29 am
@izzythepush,
That really will give hard-pressed pub-goers a boost ... if they don't drink schnaps or wine, that is. And it won't get more expensive when you drive to and from the public house ...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:38 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

In short it grates to be lectured about imperialism by a citizen of the most imperialist country on the planet

SAid by one who lives in the declining years of the country who retired the prize. HA .

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
BTW hat as so Imperialist about our response to the coup.??
We even continued sending humanitarian aid.