The God Delusion

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 02:03 am
To those of you who have read the thought provoking book, what are your thoughts of it?

I'll share mine after a few replies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 770 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2007 07:18 am
Which book?
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 03:32 pm
The God Delusion

Or God is Not Great

Or anyone of Sam Harris's books
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 08:05 pm
The author is Dawkins. He's good, but my Humanist group loves him and not one of forty of them had heard of Philip Pullman before the movie 'The Golden Compass' was advertised. I mean scientific literature will always be a friend to atheism, and if the churchies got a book they think is right on then so may we, but it can't be just a topic or genre either. Atheism, Agnosticism, Free-Thought, and Humanism are all over the damn place-to me it looks like the writing on the walls. For that reason I think Dawkins is dangerously overrated-like the whole idea of atheism crystallized in one comfortably secluded place in the collective mind. He got the press because he crossed a line in the sand-but read Patricia Highsmith's Ripliad or Robert E. Howard's 'The Hour of the Dragon' and the Holy-Light-of-the-Sweet-Baby-Lord-Jesus will be knocked out of you just as fast without the trouble of reading a text devoted to the subject.
0 Replies