to TAn or nOT

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 03:46 pm
But at least the Wicked Witch wore a good, wide-brimmed hat. I think the green coloration was due to tinted zinc oxide.

Oh, what a world! What a world!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 05:37 pm
Algis.Kemezys wrote:
Love having all you heavy posters dancing ...

Oy! Heavy!?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:22 pm
the Hulk must use green oxide too.
0 Replies

kwaziechineseboi

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:02 pm
Is skin cancer that common? i would love to get a tan because I am VERY pale and people make fun of me for that Sad I'd get a fake tan but the sunless tan lotions and stuff only last a week and I don't want to spend so much money O_O
0 Replies

the devil

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 06:12 am
I was nude sunbathing and my penis got terribly sunburnt. Rubbing moisturizer cream into it just aggravated the problem as I got an erection and the sore sensitive skin stretched to it's limit. I would advise against it!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:04 am
kwaziechineseboi wrote:
Is skin cancer that common? i would love to get a tan because I am VERY pale and people make fun of me for that Sad I'd get a fake tan but the sunless tan lotions and stuff only last a week and I don't want to spend so much money O_O

I believe that skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the world. It has doubled over the last 25 years or so due to ozone depletion and the increasing trend to tan. You can use a lotion with a high SPF to protect yourself. I'm a landscaper and use a what is called "baby block" which has an SPF of 45. Almost every landscaper I know over the age of 50 has had some form of skin cancer. By the way, tanning salons equipment is just as bad as the sun.
If you are pale Kwazie' you are even more at risk for cancer. Just keep your skin healthy and you will look fine.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:39 am
tan in a can. The sun is damaging!!!! And getting worse every day.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:42 am
kwaziechineseboi wrote:

Whoever is making fun of you will not be laughing when you are 85 with great skin and they are suffering from skin cancer and nasty looking, hand bag skin.

I like this stuff and it's cheap. About $7 a bottle. And you don't use much. I just do my legs once a week. It knockes the glaring white off but doesn't tan me dark.

Banana Boat
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 08:42 am
And I wear sunscreen on my face every day.
0 Replies

kwaziechineseboi

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:45 pm
Would I still get a tan if I use sunblock? Cause my friend said it's the heat that makes you dark. As long as you're prevented from UV rays your chance of getting skin cancer won't be that high.

Quote:

If you are pale Kwazie' you are even more at risk for cancer. Just keep your skin healthy and you will look fine.

I think my skins healthy o_O Atleast everyone who touches my skin goes "OMG YOU HAVE SUCH SMOOTH SKIN" And I don't get pimples or anything. But it doesn't get dark when I stay out in the sun Sad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:55 pm
A tan is your body reacting to the damage the sun is doing to it. Yes, if you use a lower SPF you might get a tan. But any tan is actually damage to your skin.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 04:52 pm
The heat isn't what makes you dark. It's the UV rays.

Arctic explorers get very tanned faces.

Stick with the fake tans. That's what I've always done. I am now 50, and my skin looks great. Hardly any wrinkles at all.
0 Replies

kwaziechineseboi

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 12:39 am
Gotta break open my piggy bank now Sad Any recommendations on fake tans?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 06:45 am
I gave you one on the last page.
0 Replies