to TAn or nOT

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:32 pm
I forgot to mention, Doesn't hair covering your entire body help ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:32 pm
Help with what?

Your love life? It's doubtful.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 07:45 pm
errrrrrrrrrr
ummmmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmm
hairy.
hairy?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1034222548218_2002/10/11/spike_hairybrosnan.jpg

like this kinda hairy?

couldn't hurt yer love life?
and if it's too sunny for ya, well, i'll carry an umbrella :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 08:19 pm
nah, just remember those excruciating sunburns on the top of your head....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 08:22 pm
I used to love tans on myself and others. The leatherette look has lost its appeal. Really, a tan is nicest on the young, and that is probably when all those itty bitty cells get their primary dosage...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 08:23 pm
No fair, Lovey, that is not "hair covering your entire body" . . .
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2003 09:38 pm
LoL Leahterette indeed. You know your getting old when someone comments on your new allegator shoes and your barefoot.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 12:26 am
Oooooohhhhhh Yeeeaaaahhhh, Ehbeth!!!

Hairy chests. Mmmm. 'Scuse me. Gotta go now before I drool all over the keyboard....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 02:45 am
sozobe wrote:
I think Gautam meant that he looks tan without having to actually tan. (i.e., him with no sun is more "tan" than Mr. Alabaster with plenty of sun.)

Right on (as usual) soz !! Recently (Feb) when I was in Jo'burg - went to see a cricket match, and forgot to pack the sun cream. That was one BAD sun burn I got and the peeling was painful. On top of that, I was wearing my wrap around gucci sunglasses Cool so that part of my face stayed unscathed, and I ended up looking like a panda bear.

But the looks of envy when I got back to London in a freezing cold made up for all that pain Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:28 am
Panda bear -- hee hee!

I'm well and truly spooked, and shall hereby be more careful. I often put sunscreen on my shoulders, arms, back, that kind of thing, but haven't found any that works on my face. Makes me break out (I only ever put lotion on my face in the dead of winter).

So, *what* products do y'all use or recommend? I never purposely tan, but am outside a lot, almost always upright. I saw an Oil of Olay face lotion ad that said it had #15 SPF...?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:33 am
Wear a veil !! Smile

But that would be a crime against humanity, denying the populace sucha gorgeous sight !!

I don't have any problems in wearing sun skin on my face - though it makes me look horrible (but that is an improvement anyways Laughing)
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:38 am
The veil of humanities loss.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:40 am
Hey whats the low down on Paba ?
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:42 am
I'm glad the skin mix up was clarified G. Thanx.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 07:44 am
zinc oxide is the way to go.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:21 am
Sozobe - i use a light oil of olay with sunscreen (no PABA if i can help it) or an avon moisture surge product, on my face. I try not to go outside without a large hat. I think the outdoors pix of me at littlek's site always show me with a hat on - big floppy woven straw sunhat/baseball cap (ick)/leather western hat ... hats'r'me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 09:29 am
That girl's got more hats than i got shoes . . . an' she's got more shoes than i got jeans, which is sayin' a lot ! ! !
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 03:07 pm
soz, I use a product called Freeman Skin C+ which is SPF 15 and has Vitamin C. I'm running out of it and it doesn't seem to be available around here any more, so I'll go with some substitute, so long as it has SPF 15 and Vitamin C - probably a Ponds or Olay-type product.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 03:11 pm
Thanks, Jes and ehBeth!

(An excuse to buy a hat -- oh goodie! Very Happy)
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2003 03:44 pm
Love having all you heavy posters dancing around my crinkly fate.A fate like that of the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of OZ.
0 Replies