Iraqi Boy Gets Gift From Soldier's Widow
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 951 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:10 pm
I don't think Americans are perceived as "heartless SOB's", even by those who hate us. I think the negative feelings we have created has more to do with our government's arrogance and bullying on the world stage. The violence against our troops is because they are seen as invaders and interlopers in a part of the world we don't understand.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:16 pm
That's a nice anecdote.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 12:58 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I don't think Americans are perceived as "heartless SOB's", even by those who hate us. I think the negative feelings we have created has more to do with our government's arrogance and bullying on the world stage. The violence against our troops is because they are seen as invaders and interlopers in a part of the world we don't understand.

Countries that resent the United States do so, because of resentment. If one continually gives to a nation (trying to buy a friend), it eventually creates a resentment. I see the United States as a codependent country. We sometimes feel guilty for what we have.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:04 pm
There are many great stories like this one that do not get printed.

Thanks for makeing us aware of another wonderful act by real Americans
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:04 pm
That may be the most nonsensical thing I've ever read.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:10 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

Why?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:11 pm
Then there's the one about Ali who lost his entire family and both arms during Shock & Awe. Tony Blair made sure the kid got new arms. Sure Tony taketh but Tony giveth back too.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:19 pm
woiyo wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

Why?

Not you, woiyo. I think we cross posted. The one above.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:23 pm
If your replying to my remark.
FreeDuck wrote:

I agree. Let me rephrase. When anyone is given continually without reason be it a country or individual, creates resentment.
Assuming that you know what dependency is, a co-dependant enables this dependency. This causes Resentment.
If you still are unable to grasp this explanation, and still believe this is the most nonsensical thing you ever read, I suggest you read more, especially Psychology.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 01:30 pm
Re: If your replying to my remark.
snookered wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

I agree. Let me rephrase. When anyone is given continually without reason be it a country or individual, creates resentment.
Assuming that you know what dependency is, a co-dependant enables this dependency. This causes Resentment.
If you still are unable to grasp this explanation, and still believe this is the most nonsensical thing you ever read, I suggest you read more, especially Psychology.

That's only a little bit better, and implying that I'm stupid for not understanding your excruciating sentence construction isn't helping. Perhaps you have a theory that deserves a thread of its own? I look forward to reading (and understanding) it.

But I'm being rude and not starting you off on the right foot. Welcome to A2K snookered.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 02:09 pm
Blueflame1...right Tony Blair takes...
Tony Blair does one good thing for a child while the Unites States does the same thing 10 times a day. Besides the unappreciated Humaitarian aid around the world.
But Dear ole Tony does what? Makes plans to take his troops out of Irag. He joins the ranks of France.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 11:17 pm
I'll venture that you've been snookered more than once.
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 12:10 pm
JTT wrote:

I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that most of your posts make sense. But this one doesn't. So, you must have nothing to say. Do you think that using "snookered" would be somehow original?
Do you have a point to make?
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 03:41 pm
yeap Americans would never act as sons-o-bitches, now would they?

http://www.nodo50.org/csca/agenda2004/img/abu-ghraib.jpg

http://myweb.dal.ca/mtipping/abu-ghraib-dog-attack.jpg

http://www.streetcow.com/03-14-06_abu-ghraib_01.jpg

http://www.milligazette.com/image2003/2004/106kashmiri-killing_3.jpg

http://www.revolution-austria.at/images/ghraib/update/Abu%20Ghraib%20Series%203-06%20-%2043.JPG

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2004-05/12508938.jpg
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 04:14 pm
snookered wrote:
JTT wrote:

I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that most of your posts make sense. But this one doesn't. So, you must have nothing to say. Do you think that using "snookered" would be somehow original?

So you did understand.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 04:15 pm
Ah ah K - those aren't Americans, they are 'bad apples.'

From Applevania, apparently. Part of the Multi-national Force.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snookered

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:26 pm
JTT wrote:
snookered wrote:
JTT wrote:

So you did understand.

There you go again. This time you had four words. Ohhh, thanks I didn't know there was anything to understand.
Did you see my post to you, about me looking up past posts? Well, Your benefit my any dought has been proving undeserving. Most if not all do not have any substance nor a stance. You just seem to attack with one liners. Like this one! I suppose you mean that I understand that you have no point to make, even when you think you are.
NOW GO AWAY...... Drunk
0 Replies