Is death a friend or an enemy?

JLNobody

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 03:47 pm
Edgar, I hope you will someday come to accept death and everything else that is inevitable as "o.k." That does not mean that it is desireable but that even in its undesireability it is o.k.. Amor fati.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 05:42 pm
Razz
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 07:02 pm
I thought this was a good topic while it lasted
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:08 pm
not bad
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 10:56 am
Just OK?
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:15 pm
Hi, I selected little passage about this matter...

''The grave is there and no one can deny it. Whether they want to or not, everyone must enter it.

And apart from the following 'Three Ways', there is no other way it can be approached:

First Way: For those who believe, the grave is the door to a world far better than this world.

Second Way: For those who believe id the Hereafter, but who approach it on the path of dissipation and misguidance, it is the door to a prison of solitary confinement, an eternal dungeon, where they will be separated from all their loved ones.

Third Way: For the unbelievers and the misguided who do not believe in the Hereafter, it is the door to eternal extinction.

That is to say, it is the gallows on which both themselves and all those they love will be executed. Since they think it is thus, that is exactly how they shall experience it: as punishment.

These last two Ways are self-evident, they do not require proof, they are plain for all to see.

Since the appointed hour is secret, and death may come any time and cut off one's head, and it does not differentiate between young and old, perpetually having such an awesome and serious matter before him, unhappy man will surely search for the means to deliver himself from that eternal extinction, that infinite, endless solitary confinement; the means to transform the door of the grave into a door opening on to an everlasting world, eternal happiness, and a world of light.

It will be a question for him that looms as large as the world.''.....

BSN A -Guide for Youth-
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:19 pm
''Indeed, belief may produce the pleasures of Paradise in this world too. Consider the following single benefit out of hundreds of pleasurable lights.

For example, at the very minute you see someone you love dearly in great danger and dying, a doctor who is like both Loqman the Sage and Khidr arrives.

Suddenly your friend is restored to life. What great joy you feel. In the same way, belief gives you happiness and joy to the number of the dead whom you love and with whom you are connected.

For through the light of belief, millions of people loved by you in the graveyard of the past are suddenly delivered from extinction and death and resurrected before you.

They come to life saying, "We did not die, and we shall not die." In place of the numberless pains resulting from those numberless separations, through belief, the innumerable pleasures and joys arising from union and coming to life may be experienced in this world also.

Thus, this shows that "Belief is a seed which produces for those who believe the shoots of Paradise together with all its pleasures and properties in this world, and so too will it produce them in the next."

BSN -A Guide for Youth-
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:28 pm
sez you
0 Replies

Cobbler

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:42 pm
I think death will be an experience that I'm sure will be unique and exciting; I look forward to it. ( Not in a bad way, I mean.. I love life, and never plan on suiciding or anything. It just fascinates me. ) And well, if it isn't.. I won't ever know, so I'm not too worried.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:45 pm
Cobbler wrote:
I think death will be an experience that I'm sure will be unique and exciting; I look forward to it. ( Not in a bad way, I mean.. I love life, and never plan on suiciding or anything. It just fascinates me. ) And well, if it isn't.. I won't ever know, so I'm not too worried.

I am with you..
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:08 pm
neologist wrote:
I'm waiting for someone to say that death is a friend because god will take him/her to heaven.

Death is our closed friend that we will recognise him future... There are some reasons about that..

''• The First: By showing with the season of old age the stamp of transience and decline on the beautiful and inviting things of this world, and their bitter meaning, it makes a person feel disgust at the world and causes him to seek a permanent beloved in place of the transient.

• The Second: Since ninety-nine per cent of all the friends to whom a person is attached have departed this world and settled in another, impelled by his heart-felt love, it bestows on him a longing for the place they have gone to, and makes him meet death and the appointed hour with joy.

• The Third: By means of certain things, it makes a person realize the infinite weakness and impotence in man, and understand how heavy are the burdens of life and responsibilities of living, and awakens in him a serious wish for rest and a sincere desire to go to another world.

• The Fourth: Through the light of belief, it shows to the heart of a believer that death is not execution, but a change of abode; that the grave is not the mouth of a dark well, but the door to light-filled worlds; and that for all its glitter, the world is like a prison in relation to the hereafter.

To be released from the prison of this world and enter the gardens of Paradise, and pass from the troublesome turmoil of bodily life to the world of rest and the arena where spirits soar, and to slip free from the vexatious noise of creatures and go to the presence of the Most Merciful is a journey, indeed, a happiness, to be desired with a thousand lives.

BSN Words...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 10:41 am
kevnmoon wrote:
neologist wrote:
I'm waiting for someone to say that death is a friend because god will take him/her to heaven.

Death is our closed friend that we will recognise him future... There are some reasons about that..

''• The First: By showing with the season of old age the stamp of transience and decline on the beautiful and inviting things of this world, and their bitter meaning, it makes a person feel disgust at the world and causes him to seek a permanent beloved in place of the transient.

• The Second: Since ninety-nine per cent of all the friends to whom a person is attached have departed this world and settled in another, impelled by his heart-felt love, it bestows on him a longing for the place they have gone to, and makes him meet death and the appointed hour with joy.

• The Third: By means of certain things, it makes a person realize the infinite weakness and impotence in man, and understand how heavy are the burdens of life and responsibilities of living, and awakens in him a serious wish for rest and a sincere desire to go to another world.

• The Fourth: Through the light of belief, it shows to the heart of a believer that death is not execution, but a change of abode; that the grave is not the mouth of a dark well, but the door to light-filled worlds; and that for all its glitter, the world is like a prison in relation to the hereafter.

To be released from the prison of this world and enter the gardens of Paradise, and pass from the troublesome turmoil of bodily life to the world of rest and the arena where spirits soar, and to slip free from the vexatious noise of creatures and go to the presence of the Most Merciful is a journey, indeed, a happiness, to be desired with a thousand lives.

BSN Words...
However, the bible refers to death as an enemy. (1 Corinthians 15:26)
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 11:19 am
However, the bible refers to death as an enemy. (1 Corinthians 15:26)..
Yes for unbelievers...

FRIEND A)the door to a world far better than this world.

ENEMY B)For those who believe id the Hereafter, but who approach it on the path of dissipation and misguidance, it is the door to a prison of solitary confinement, an eternal dungeon, where they will be separated from all their loved ones.

ENEMY C)death.. For the unbelievers and the misguided who do not believe in the Hereafter, it is the door to eternal extinction.

D)God knows which is suitable for us.. He is Owner.. World is examination..
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 11:40 am
being non-existent, they are reflected one within the other, unfolding the wings of present time
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 12:38 pm
The point you have missed, kev, is that according to the bible, the human race was not created to immortality. When you are dead, you are dead. Whether you believe or not.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 02:22 pm
Dear Neologist, You repeated this belief many times to me .. But I couldn't understand this. Perhaps, I've no knowledge about your way on christianity... Yeah.. may be difficult to understand hereafter.. Because, it is related so God names superior reflections.. But, briefly hereafter belief is easy.. Only acceptance of second life with spirit and body as in the world.. Very Happy
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 02:28 pm
''Since man has been created in such a way that by his very nature he longs for and loves an Ever-Enduring Beauty;

and since an Ever-Enduring Beauty cannot be content with an impermanent lover;

and since, in order to find consolation from the pain and sorrow arising from some aim that he does not know or cannot attain or possess, man pacifies himself through discovering the faults of such an aim, rather, through nurturing a hidden enmity towards it;

and since the universe was created for man, and man was created to know and love God; and since the Creator of the universe, together with His Names, is eternal; and since the manifestation of His Names will be perpetual, everlasting, and post-eternal; then man will most certainly go to an everlasting realm and will manifest an everlasting life.

-From reflections of The Divine Name of Self-Subsistent-30.flashes
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 02:58 pm
Gasp! Shocked
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 05:11 pm
kevnmoon wrote:
''Since man has been created in such a way that by his very nature he longs for and loves an Ever-Enduring Beauty;
. . .
Well, yeah, kev. We have been created with the ability to comprehend indefinite time because it is God's purpose that we live forever on earth. This was the promise he made to Adam and Eve and he has not abondoned it simply because of their sin. The entire bible is an explanation of the why and how of how his purpose will be achieved.
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 05:28 pm
[/quote]Well, yeah, kev. We have been created with the ability to comprehend indefinite time because it is God's purpose that we live forever on earth. This was the promise he made to Adam and Eve and he has not abondoned it simply because of their sin. The entire bible is an explanation of the why and how of how his purpose will be achieved.[/quote]

yes, true...
0 Replies