Dreaming about SNAKES...?

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 11:31 am
I had a dream last night and it was like a big cornfield and there were these gigantic snakes thrashing around and making a "hissing" sound.

These snakes were like the biggest I have ever seen and I just remember wanting to stay out of their way.

Is there some kind of meaning from a "spiritual" perspective about SNAKES? And... what this dream could possibly be about?

Thanks

DAVID
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 669 • Replies: 11
No top replies

squinney

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 11:43 am
Hi David. Welcome to A2K.

My experience has been that dreams have something to do with what is going on in your life. Sort of a way for your mind to deal with things you don't have time to address during waking hours, or things you don't think you need to address at all, or that you are conflicted about in some way as to how to solve.

Sometimes dreams are just for fun. No meaning. Just entertaining yourself while you sleep.

The main thing is that there can be symbolism, especially with snakes and such, but IMO, we would have to know what is going on in your life in order to answer or suggest what the dream may mean. I could have had the same dream last night, but because my life is different, it would have a different interpretation for me.

Is there something big in your waking hours that you are trying to avoid?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:27 pm
Snakes in dreams can be symbols of life, death and rebirth.
Or fear.
Or evil, although I suspect that one comes from christianity.

I googled "dreams snake" and this site, among others, came up.

http://www.dreamsnightmares.com/snakes.html
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 09:23 pm
Snakes are also sometimes sublimated sex issues. Especially if you're avoiding them. Especially if you're male! Shocked

(If you had a little defensive panic attack reading this, you'll know I'm onto something. If not, then I'm wrong.)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 09:26 pm
Snake = penis, per Dr. Freud. (Then again, everything did.)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 09:29 pm
Eorl has a valid point, snakes have often been a phallic symbol and this dream could be interpreted as running away from sexuality.

In Genesis, the snake gave humanity the forbidden fruit after which Adam and Eve lost paradise, but gained humanity.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 09:38 pm
I had a dream last night and it was like a big cornfield and there were these gigantic snakes thrashing around and making a "hissing" sound.

Another one of those onomatopoeic words I've been watching for.

<adds to list>
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:56 pm
Do you have "boom" in your list?

Or "whack"
Boink?
Plunk?
Hnnngh?
Pow?
Mooo?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:24 pm
Lost Teddybear hasn't shown his face....I guess we just assume I was onto something.....??? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 05:59 pm
To many Samuel L. Jackson movies? "Snakes on the Brain!"
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 05:17 pm
0 Replies

Lost TeddyBear

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 09:36 pm
Thanks for all the very interesting takes on my dream. I have been offline for awhile and am glad I'm back to reading and posting in these here forums.

Thanks again

DAVID
0 Replies