FOLLOWING THE ECONOMY

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 09:59 am
Read something interesting in this morning's newspaper. Will summarize later this morning.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:24 am
In the Business page of our local newspaper is a article titled "Manufacturing strong, but industry jobs weak." I think that says it all; production is up, but jobs are still shrinking. The article also says that the manufacturing sector lost 2.7 million jobs since June 2000. I'd just like to know how GWBush is going to "increase jobs for the American People?" He'd have to make up those lost jobs first, then he can claim job growth - but not until then. Unless he's a miracle worker, I don't see any president creating 3 milliion jobs in 14 months, and that's to make up the jobs lost in the manufacturing sector. This impacts our economy negatively, so any talk of our economy growing is double-speak.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 08:50 pm
I am just returning from Vancouver, BC. I am enjoying the recent string of postings.
0 Replies