Child Welfare: U.S. and Britain Worst of Industrial Nations.

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 11:26 am
Out of 21 Industrial nations, Britain and America rank last in child-welfare ratings. A study by UNICEF juedged many different welfare measures to come up with assessments for the nations.

BBC
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 630 • Replies: 8
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:29 am
no one is interested in even looking?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:56 pm
Seriously?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:57 pm
I'll look if you'll just shut up for a second.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:02 pm
That was interesting and sad at the same time, but not unknown.

Dog-eag-dog indeed. Too bad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:18 pm
<shutting up>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:30 pm
One of the biggest problems with the US is that our government would rather spend life and treasure in another country rather than caring for our own, and I'm talking about both parties. We spend billions every year in support of an un-winable war, give graft to countries to remain "friends to the US," and build new schools in Iraq, while ours become safety hazards for our children.

Our schools are falling behind in math and science compared to other industrialized countries, and that bodes badly for the future economy of our country.

We deserve all of it, because the citizens have failed to keep abreast of our country's politics, and did nothing until it was too late.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 01:00 am
CI, the schools have been hurting for a lot longer than these last few years. It's been forever. They've never been a high priority.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:25 am
littlek, Please re-read what I wrote; I blame both parties for our present condition.
0 Replies