Toilet seats and chicks...

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 12:20 am
How you doin? I type from my parents computer.. I will never give in to chicks and their unending need to have the toilet seat down.. just got in an argument with the sister inlaw... we gota house full of folks here...snowmobiling and playing cards..so I go into the latrine and piddle...come out and sissy in law goes in right after..when she is done she comes out and asks why I didn't put the seat down.. my answer? Because I PEE STANDING UP?!?!

Her reply.."I pee sitting down and I don't want to have to touch a toilet seat you most likely pissed on"

I says ... " The seat was up so I didn't piss on it.. and I don't want to touch a toilet seat your ass was on recently"

So this is where I was all like wtf? She says to me.." the natural state of a toilet is seat and cover are down and you should put it back the way you found it!"

Natural state of a toilet? Is the natural state of your toilet with the seat and cover down?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,754 • Replies: 79
No top replies

TTH

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 04:44 am
You are not alone. I have often wondered the exact same thing. It is actually kind of funny the way you stated it "natural state of a toilet".
Personally it doesn't bother me one way or the other. Maybe it has to do with how we were brought up. I really do not know. The only time I have insisted the toilet seats in my house are down is when I have had a cat since they tend to like to drink the water and I use a cleanser in the water.
Other than that you have a point.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 05:31 am
Re: Toilet seats and chicks...
Jeremiah wrote:
How you doin? I type from my parents computer.. I will never give in to chicks and their unending need to have the toilet seat down.. just got in an argument with the sister inlaw... we gota house full of folks here...snowmobiling and playing cards..so I go into the latrine and piddle...come out and sissy in law goes in right after..when she is done she comes out and asks why I didn't put the seat down.. my answer? Because I PEE STANDING UP?!?!

Her reply.."I pee sitting down and I don't want to have to touch a toilet seat you most likely pissed on"

I says ... " The seat was up so I didn't piss on it.. and I don't want to touch a toilet seat your ass was on recently"

So this is where I was all like wtf? She says to me.." the natural state of a toilet is seat and cover are down and you should put it back the way you found it!"

Natural state of a toilet? Is the natural state of your toilet with the seat and cover down?

I agree with you!
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 06:12 am
I like the cover down.
It just looks neater.

And your point of not wanting to touch the seat because her butt has been on it...
In that case you should not even put it up in the first place!
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 06:29 am
It's so simple ... that I can never understand why men don't get it. Toilet seats come with a cover, or a lid if you want to call it that, for a reason: It stops things getting dropped into the toilet.

If you've ever had to fish out a key, or a bar of soap (no, I didn't use it after, but neither could I leave it in the toilet), then you would never leave the lid up again.

I will grant you that they're very poorly designed. If they came with a handle, or if you could raise them like a step-on garbage can lid ....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 06:45 am

http://www.strangeharvest.com/mt/archive/toilet%20seat.jpg

everything stays down in our house.
an old habit from having dogs and cats...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 06:56 am
I think that they are talking about the seat, region, and not so much the lid, and I would have to say I think it is absolutely disgusting the way some guys take a leak with the seat in the down positon and splash their urine all over in the process. Then they walk away without cleaning their friggin mess and wonder why the next person along is appalled. It really boils down to common sense and courtesy and proper upbringing.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 07:06 am
This sub was done here at length some years ago, I think.

Anyway -- do you have any idea how much material in the bowl (and not just what you added, but what's been growing in there since the last flush) gets aerosolized when you flush the toilet? With my toothbrush in that room (a fundamental flaw of modern bathroom design -- and one that is being rectified in newer houses, where the toilet gets its own little closet (a WC Fieldless arrangement)) -- I say, I say, with my toothbrush in the room, I want the lid down before making a pissshitbacteriafungus spritzer.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 07:06 am
Once again, I agree with Gus. I think it's matter of manners. I see leaving the toilet seat up as a red flag that a man is not considerate of women. It is a sign he may have been raised by wolves. Many a woman has gotten up to go to the bathroom at night only to find herself wedged deep into the cold toilet because some idiot male didn't have the sense to put down the seat. Put the seat down Jeremiah and join the gentlemen of the world.
( I do like Tico's idea of a seat that opens like a garbage can.)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 07:07 am
Tico wrote:
It's so simple ... that I can never understand why men don't get it. Toilet seats come with a cover, or a lid if you want to call it that, for a reason: It stops things getting dropped into the toilet.

If you've ever had to fish out a key, or a bar of soap (no, I didn't use it after, but neither could I leave it in the toilet), then you would never leave the lid up again.

I will grant you that they're very poorly designed. If they came with a handle, or if you could raise them like a step-on garbage can lid ....

Thanks Tico, I really did not think of that because the only times I have accidently dropped something into the toilet was right before flushing. Things I should not have had in my hand to begin with and then well you can figure out the rest I am sure. You are absolutely correct and it is so simple that I am laughing that I never thought of it. Okay I am also laughing since I feel stupid I never thought of it Embarrassed , but hey you taught me something new today so it is not all that bad.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 07:11 am
patiodog wrote:
This sub was done here at length some years ago, I think.

Anyway -- do you have any idea how much material in the bowl (and not just what you added, but what's been growing in there since the last flush) gets aerosolized when you flush the toilet? With my toothbrush in that room (a fundamental flaw of modern bathroom design -- and one that is being rectified in newer houses, where the toilet gets its own little closet (a WC Fieldless arrangement)) -- I say, I say, with my toothbrush in the room, I want the lid down before making a pissshitbacteriafungus spritzer.

Did you see the recent study (done by a high school girl) that there is more bacteria in a "Fast Food" Restaurant's ice cubes than there is in their toilet bowl water. Just something to think about when you're sipping a coke.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 07:15 am
Green Witch wrote:
Once again, I agree with Gus. I think it's matter of manners. I see leaving the toilet seat up as a red flag that a man is not considerate of women. It is a sign he may have been raised by wolves. Many a woman has gotten up to go to the bathroom at night only to find herself wedged deep into the cold toilet because some idiot male didn't have the sense to put down the seat. Put the seat down Jeremiah and join the gentlemen of the world.

There is an inherent sexism in this point of view. Why don't women ever have to be considerate of men?

I agree with Gus that peeing on the seat is gross-- but that is exactly why a true gentleman lifts the seat to pee.

I don't understand what the big deal is with finding a seat up when you want to sit.

Women it's not hard, put the toilet seat down before you sit, and I won't complain if you leave it down-- even though this means I have to lift it up again to pee properly.
TTH

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 07:17 am
Green Witch wrote:

I also have to agree with you Green Witch and Gus too. Gosh, I never realized how something as simple as a toilet seat would enlighten me.
Now I deserve 2 of these Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 07:38 am
A simple question for GreenWitch and TryingToHelp.

What do you, as women, do to show your respect for men?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 08:22 am
If I was at a mans house and the seat was up when I go in, I'd grab me some tp and put it back up when I was done.

I expect the same when someone comes to my house.

Put the feckin seat back down! I don't want to fall into the toilet in the middle of the night.

The seat is there for a reason. Men and women BOTH use the seat so keep it down! Can't you aim well enough to get it into the hole? The seat doesn't make the hole that much smaller guys....and should you tinkle on the seat, just wipe it up. It's that simple.

And why oh why do you WANT to touch the nasty underside of the toilet seat right before you touch your goodies every time you pee?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 08:27 am
ebrown_p wrote:

By cleaning the toilet you piss on.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 09:26 am
Bella Dea wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

By cleaning the toilet you piss on.

We may have the makings of a great C/W song here.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:02 am
if you expect someone to put the seat down FOR YOU when they are done,
then you need to put the seat UP FOR THEM when Y OU are done.

Its just a seat.
You KNOW you both use it diffrently, CHECK BEFORE YOU SIT.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:12 am
Everyone, on using the toilet, should put the lid down before flushing. Then when the next person comes in to use it, they have to lift the lid and/or seat, whichever is their preference. Again, lid closed when flushing, and next person, lifts lid/seat .... and so on.

This way, there is no difference in whether a man or woman uses toilet last. Both have to lift lid to pee/poop, and no-one should get agitated.

BTW, I always wipe the toilet seat before I sit. I expect everyone does, if they are going to place their bum on it. If I found more than a drop of pee on the seat/general toilet area where I place my bum, I would beat the living **** out of person (male or female) who left it in that state. That's just rude and inconsiderate.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:15 am
Bohne wrote:
I like the cover down.
It just looks neater.

And your point of not wanting to touch the seat because her butt has been on it...
In that case you should not even put it up in the first place!

Ditto - it looks cleaner, neater. Why else would there be a cover? Also do you leave all your drawers open in your dresser? Since you will just be going in to take things out or put things in wouldn't it make more sense to leave these open. And the cabinets in the kitchen too for that matter.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Toilet seats and chicks...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:49:36