How to get A2K email in your Inbox and not your Bulk folder

jespah

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 09:05 am
Most of us have experienced this, where our A2K mail is binned and we never see it. Here's how to fix that for some of the major mail programs. If I've missed your favorite mail program, and you know how to fix this, send a quick note to the Help Desk and I will add it to this Announcement. Thanks!

I'm only going to go in depth with Yahoo as the others are somewhat similar (but links are provided below). The idea is to (1) have the program not tag A2K mail as spam and (2) have the program send A2K mail to the right folder.

Yahoo
Do you use the Yahoo spam filter? If so, and if A2K mail is showing up in the Bulk folder, you can mark it as not spam and the system will learn that it's something you want to see. You can also make a rule in Yahoo that will send A2K stuff to your inbox, here's how to do that.

• In Yahoo mail, click Options, then select Filters and then click Add.
  • In the Filter name box, write A2K
  • In the From header field, keep the "contains" option and in the box next to it, type able2know
  • Do not select the match case check box.
  • In the move message to choose folder dropdown box, pull on the downward-pointing arrow and select Inbox
  • Then click the Add filter button
  • If you have more than one filter, use the up arrow in the next screen to put the A2K filter you just made at the top. That assures that Yahoo will move the A2K mail to your Inbox before it follows any other rules you may have created. Once you're done with arranging the filters hierarchically (and if you only have one filter, you can skip this step), click the Mail Plus tab and that will get you back to your regular Yahoo email.
  • If you already have a special folder for A2K stuff, you might want to make the rule so that it automatically sends the mail to that particular folder instead.

Other Programs
Eudora
How to use filters with Eudora
GMail
How to use filters with GMail
Hotmail
How to use filters with Hotmail See also: How to change the Sort Order of your HotMail Inbox
Outlook Express
Overview: Outlook Express Message Rules (see specifically Using rules to filter IN instead of Out, See also: Dave Guess: Outlook Express Message Rules)
Outlook
How to use Safe Senders with Outlook 2003 (Very similar across all versions of Outlook)
Thunderbird
How to use filters with Thunderbird

Once again, if I've missed your favorite mail program, and you know how to fix this, send a quick note to the Help Desk and I will add it to this Announcement. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 541 • Replies: 0
No top replies