Known Issues :: Please read every now and then

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:12 pm
Some problems on this forum are "known issues". These should be treated differently than the other problems because there might already be a fix for this, or it might be something that will only be resolved by a change in the forum structure and require a bit of patience.

I will try to keep this up to date by removing issues that are no longer relevant and adding others.

If you have any questions, please start a new help request.

I will also put links here to know oddities. Things that are not bugs but are sometimes not clear behavior:

Possible bug with 'Find all posts by member'?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,434 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:14 pm
NO LONGER AN ISSUE

Quick reply turns off email updates.

This is a know issue that will be resolved in an upcoming release of the forums. Please note that this is why there will be no quick reply box initially when the new forums open again. The feature will return only after rigorous testing.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:16 pm
AOL users (and other people who use an ISP with rotating proxies) have trouble getting in the chat room.

The chat room checks IPs for security and ISPs like AOL are forever rotating IPs wildly. Therefore AOL users will have difficulty using the chat room.

Try using Internet Explorer instead of the AOL broswer, sometimes this works.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:18 pm
Missing posts or pages

There is a pagination bug that sometimes causes new posts not to have a page created for them. When this occurs we fix it so let us know.

A future release of the forum will eliminate this bug.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:20 pm
Vistiting the avatar Gallery deletes an uploaded avatar

This is actually intentional, the idea is not to allow uploaded avatars to accumulate, so if you upload an avatar but then change it, the old one is deleted.

But it's not too straightforward. If you merely visit the avatar gallery your uploaded avatar is deleted.

This might change in a future release but it's not a bug so much as simply unclear.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:21 pm
Posting between < and > sometimes makes text disappear.

This is intentional. < and > are HTML tags, and the forum strips out HTML tags for security purposes.

Turn off HTML in your posts to avoid this.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 11:54 am
Session table is full

We just had an "error creating session" problem. It is due to a bug that ships with this forum system.

Session errors are serious and should be reported to us.

I have implemented a workaround for 3 of the largest session bugs in the phpbb system and the improvements will be included in an upcoming release of the forum.

An upcoming phpbb release will "officially" address some of the session bugs.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 02:28 pm
NO LONGER AN ISSUE as there is no chat room right now.

AOL and the Chat Room

If you use AOL and would like to enter the chat room please note that due to the way the buggy AOL browser works you will have to enter the chat room using IE (or another browser).

To do this just log in with AOL then open Internet Explorer (or another browser) and enter the chat room.

I will eventually make a workaround for AOL users but right now I don't feel like making code to solve a ridiculous setup on AOL's part.

It's almost always a good idea (due to useability and compatibility) to avoid using the AOL service or at least avoid using their browser.

It's just my opinion but they are the worst thing that ever happened to the internet.
0 Replies