I Must be Disgusting

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:34 am
So, I am getting pretty round these days. And being this my first, I am awfully proud to look pregnant rather than fat (there is that period of fluffiness where you just look like you've put on weight instead of got preggers).

Well, these women I work with were chatting and I went down to get my mail. They are always asking about my life and me and all that jazz. I said I was finally rounding out and turned sideways. I have on a big bulky sweater (it's C O L D) and so I lifted it a bit so they could see my baby bump. Mind you, I have on maternity pants, which cover up to your belly button at the very least (which is where mine are). So they saw maybe 1 in of skin. I didn't pull my shirt up to my neck. And the one lady was completely disgusted. She turned away and said "Ugh." I was like "ok..." Then, she refused to even look at me after that! She was truly disgusted by me.

I've known them for 3 years. She's a mother. She asks about my life. It's not like I just met her and whipped off my shirt. There was nothing indecent about what I did. I would have done it in front of my boss.

I've shown my dad more skin.

Is it just me or did she over react a little? Maybe I am just a little more liberal when it comes to being pregnant but I don't see anything disgusting or weird about my (soon to be) big belly. I won't be walking around with a cropped top on or anything but I sure won't be hiding it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,933 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:40 am
Maybe she's just that teeny weeny bit jealous, Bella?

I love seeing pregnant women. It's not quite a sexy thing that's going on, but pretty damned close.

Makes me go all protective, for some reason.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:41 am
maybe she didn't mind the belly but was grossed out by that big mole....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:44 am
I also said "oh I'm sorry...do you have a thing with belly buttons?" And she said "no I just don't want to see yours."

I doubt she's jealous. But maybe. I am pretty hot. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:45 am
innie or outie?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:54 am
Innie.

I'm not big enough to have it even begin to be pushed out either.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 08:57 am
you should go to the novelty store and get a bloody finger and glue it so it's sticking out of your belly button and then go up to that lady and start crying out in pain and then pull your top up and scream "It's coming!!! the baby's coming early!!"

Just a random thought.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:00 am
hmmmm this is onna take some thought. Its hard to know cause I wasnt there, soooo maybe you better post a picture of what exactly you showed then I'll be in a better position to judge.

pm it if you like Twisted Evil

Bella I reckon she is a supressed latent lesbian with an edipus complex.
your preggy tummy prolly turns her on or something. dont you worry about it at all.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:01 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:02 am
Does she vomit every time she goes to a mall in the summer? There are a lot of belly buttons showing then....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:07 am
How old is she Bella?

The whole show off your bump thing really is pretty new. When most of my friends were getting pregnant their only option in clothing was really dowdy. Women kind of hid their bodies.

Working for 20ish years as a photographer I can tell you that it has only been since "Demi did it" that pregnancy portraits have become popular. "Demi did it" opened the door for women to love their pregnant bodies publicly.

I think pregnant women look spectacular and I think it's great that women aren't hiding anymore.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:09 am
In her late 50s, early 60s I think.

Maybe that's it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:13 am
I'll bet that's it because I know you're not disgusting.

Really - I had to segregate pregnancy portraits into a different folio because a lot of women just thought they were "awful" and couldn't believe that a woman would want to remember her body like that. To be honest, they were a bit offended by them.

Silly.

But that's the way it is with a lot of people.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:16 am
Wow. I guess I had no idea that there were still people out there who think that a pregnant belly is disgusting or offensive. I wonder why?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:17 am
I'm at least that age and don't know any of my peers who would think 'ugh' at a belly button of a pregnant woman, much less say it. Maybe she resented being given a skin showing. Hard to guess because I find it odd.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:19 am
There was maybe 1-2 seconds of skin and it was literally 1 inch or less of it showing. Mostly you could see my pants, bit ol' maternity band at the top and all.

Either way she made me feel really bad. I just wondered if I was too "showy" or if she was being a bit uptight.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:20 am
only scientific way to settle this question is to wait until after the baby comes and yo're back to normal size wise and then show this same lady the same amount of skin. If she gets grossed out either you're disgusting or she's a prude.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:21 am
Man, she'd flip if she saw my baby page I made for my family.... Laughing I have belly pictures from 5 weeks on.

I don't htink my family thinks they are gross. Maybe they do and just won't tell me.

Hm.

Now i am reconsidering my exposed belly pose..... Confused
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:28 am
Osso and I prove that not all old broads are so prude.

Don't reconsider your web page and don't let this woman hurt your feelings. It wasn't your skin it was showing your pregnancy that set her off -- there are women out there who believe "that kind of thing" is strictly private.

Forget her.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 09:41 am
ok. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Must be Disgusting
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 02:54:26