When it all comes down to it...

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 11:22 am
When it all comes down to it...is it just basically about understanding?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 858 • Replies: 12
No top replies

fresco

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 01:16 pm
..or "making sense of it"....which means "actively constructing".
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 03:19 pm
..or rearranging...
0 Replies

acepilot

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:11 pm
There is a lack of understanding here, cause I don't know what y'all R saying Shocked
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:18 pm
acepilot wrote:
There is a lack of understanding here, cause I don't know what y'all R saying Shocked

No prolemo...!

I didn't understand your original post, Pilot...I almost never understand Fresco...and Cyracuz is getting foggy lately also...so...

...don't feel alone!

How's the weather where you people are?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:29 pm
acepilot, perhaps a better word choice might be comprehension. No one wants to do a search in order to understand the point and diction of a thread. Welcome to A2K, however. Why don't you cite examples of exactly what you mean, and we will try and respond.

You're right, Frank. Cyracuz has gotten esoteric, and it must be the weather. Did you know that Fresco is a wonderful poet? Wish he would do more of that.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:31 pm
No, when it comes down to it... it's basically all about accepting.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:32 pm
Actually, the weather is foggy. Smile
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:37 pm
What I mean by rearranging is just that when we try to understand something it very often involves modifications of what we understand from before.

Sometimes learning something new forces us to revise old knowledge, at times even discard it completely.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 05:53 pm
Yep... I agree with all of you.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 06:09 pm
I accept your agreement.
0 Replies

acepilot

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:13 pm
Letty wrote:
acepilot, perhaps a better word choice might be comprehension. No one wants to do a search in order to understand the point and diction of a thread. Welcome to A2K, however. Why don't you cite examples of exactly what you mean, and we will try and respond.

Sorry for the word choice. "Search", was it really that complicated. I made it kinda general on purpose, didn't think it would stir this up...

Cyracuz wrote:
What I mean by rearranging is just that when we try to understand something it very often involves modifications of what we understand from before.

Sometimes learning something new forces us to revise old knowledge, at times even discard it completely.

I understood what y'all said, the reply of lack of understand was a joke geez Very Happy . In a thread about understanding, I state there is a lack there of. Good golly miss molly, maybe I should of made a "misunderstanding thread" huh?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:31 pm
ace

I got the joke. At least I thought the remark was funny, though I admit that I didn't think you were funny on purpose. Sorry.

My elaboration was more a response to Frank's remark that I'm getting foggy, and Letty's remark that I've become esoteric.

I don't want to get all cryptic on you guys.

I am currently exploring some ideas that are rather enigmatic to those who have not pursued that particular line of thought for some time...
0 Replies