[answered] Red X's

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:18 am
I feel kinda silly for asking this question, because I know SOME of the reasons it may happen but-

In my thread, wich is loaded with pictures, the first few pages are nothing but red x's.

Now, I know that, if you use ...lets say for example.. Flicker to host a picture on, and YOU delete that picture from Flickr , where ever that picture was posted it will be removed and a red X in its place.

I have not removed any of those pictures.
In fact I have used image shack the whole time.

What have I done wrong?
Is there a limit on how many pictures i can post in a thread? ( I doubt it , but Im pulling for something here)

Did I post pictures that were too big?

This is really bothering me as I have put alot of effort into that thread and the pictures... so .. that is the reason for the silly'ish question..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 746 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:27 am
I don't think it's a silly question!

As I understand it, it's not a problem with a2k - there's certainly no limit to the number of photos here.

The problem may be with the website where the photos are hosted or possibly the link itself.

Another possibility is that your computer didn't load the photo. Sometimes I can right click on the red X and select Show Picture and that works.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:40 am
It is definitely your computer. I just now loaded every page of the thread (via the never ending webpage function on Mozilla) and every single picture came out fine. Great work, btw.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:51 am
So, it has to be my computer then...

Odd, but that makes sense I guess.

I have never had that happen before?

Still.. a total relief. Thank you.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:55 am
You should post the question in the computer forum for the appropriate expert. I know my machine is a monster, but that's about it. Probably some setting or other I don't know about.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 09:07 am
shewoof,

whenever i get an X, i do the following:
    right click the X. click properties copy-paste the URL into your browser see image go back to the thread

the image usually appears...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 09:08 am
I think it might have something to do with caches, not sure. It happens to me fairly often (though the Mac equivalent is the word "image" and nothing else), just fiddle a bit (Region's idea, a few others) and it appears.
0 Replies