Why do male dogs lift their leg to pee?

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:38 pm
What is up with that? Female dogs pee in the same straight line, and THEY don't lift their leg. What, do male dogs think their junk is so big that they have to make room for it or something? Typical. Arrogant bastards.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,913 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:42 pm
My boy does it so he can pee above the pee-marking of the big shepherd down the street--that hulking beast is terrified of the little joker . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:44 pm
It's their fastidious daintiness....

isn't it, Pacco?

Bark, no, osso, it's my pee dance.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:45 pm
Dainty is hardly a term to be reasonably applied to creatures who obsessive lick their own butt-holes . . .
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:14 pm
self-cleaning bungholes aside, it seems that it is still a mystery.

Seriously, what is it that makes them do that? Is it something leftover from previous evolutionary iterations? Or maybe it is an evolutionary trait that is recent, and that will only reveal it's purpose in the next evolutionary of the species. Will they ever evolve to the point where they have opposable thumbs, and can finally write their names in the snow, like a civilized animal?

I vow to scour the earth until the answers to these important questions are discovered.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:17 pm
So once they're done pissing they can easily blow themselves in one motion.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:21 pm
Now that's interesting. If dogs were only a little bit smarter, they COULD blow themselves. And here we humans are, with all the smarts and teh wrong goddammed body-design.

Makes you wonder if the big guy up there really knew what the hell he was doing when he made us all.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:33 pm
God's a joker . . . she was laughin' her ass off when she set up this planet . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:36 pm
Corgi butts have a kind of mane all around them, soooo cute; hard for them to reach..

I dunno. If they just aimed forward, the pee would hit their sternums (sterni?) Presumably aiming straight down is not a possibility with present muscles. Maybe they don't want a leg drenching. Maybe the balletic leg lift empowers the arc of the pee.

Hmmm, I haven't noticed if Pacco switches legs. Probably he does, depends on the position of the wall or tree...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 06:30 pm
They do it so they can piss UP...onto trees, walls, hydrants, whatever....they are marking territory, telling other dogs how they are and all, if entire trying to attract local females with their pungent manliness, kinda gossiping and such.

Watch how they check out other dogs' pee at the peeing stations, then pee on 'em.....it's a canine "**** you, I'm the Top Dog here"!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 10:04 am
kickycan wrote:
Now that's interesting. If dogs were only a little bit smarter, they COULD blow themselves. And here we humans are, with all the smarts and teh wrong goddammed body-design.

Makes you wonder if the big guy up there really knew what the hell he was doing when he made us all.

Think on the positive side: at least you're not a midget, who can't even touch his own junk.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 10:09 am
God knows if we could blow ourselves there would be no need for women and the species would die out.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 10:12 am
Tits, bear. Tits.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 10:16 am
Do what I did PD... just purchase breast implants and keep them in your pants pocket. Cop a feel whenever you need to. We've been over this before.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 10:54 am
No nipple.

I like real boobies, bear! Please don't take the boobies away!

Hmmm, maybe it's time to go get on a crowded bus...
0 Replies

carebearnmbr46

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 09:05 pm
I think it may have something to do with dominance or social pecking order in relation to other dogs. As to females not exibhiting this behavior; they can and I have read that in wolf packs only dominant females lift their leg to pee. Of course, so does the dominant male.
0 Replies