[resolved]Signing in

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:04 pm
All of a sudden when I click on a2k in my Favorites list I am greeted with "welcome guest", and then when I follow instructions and try to sign in I am told that someone already has that name and password - of course they do - me!

I finally got here by clicking on Help. Then my name appeared, and my pasword dots appeared. Then I was able to proceed.

How can this be straightened out? Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 986 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 04:17 pm
This sounds somewhat similar to what I used to run into on MSN sites. You would not be recognized and couldn't sign in. Ultimately, you had to sign out so you could sign in. Okay, it makes no sense, but it worked, so you might try signing out when you leave. Maybe then you will be able to sign in.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 06:03 pm
Signing in
Thanks, Roger. Naturally, once I'd posted my problem it went away. But who knows - it may be back again any time, and if so, I'll try your suggestion.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 06:09 pm
MSN has very different problems, since their sign in is actually a bundled sign in system with hundreds of sites. They are more prone to error.

Tom, what you did was try to register again with the same name rather than log in.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 06:10 pm
signing in
Oh. Embarrassed
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 05:56 pm
I'm gonna take a flier here and guess this has been resolved. One other observation; it might have been a "Cookies Issue" ... dependent on your security settings and/or firewall (if you use one). If the problem recurs, or if you have other questions, go right ahead and open another topic with your query.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2003 06:06 pm
Signing in
Yep, everything seems copacetic. Very Happy
0 Replies