Minor Signs of Judgement Day

Vinny Z

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:37 am
Hey Raul-7, let me apologize a bit because even though I can be a wiseass, I mostly draw the line at peoples religion and anyway I was actually curious about the major signs, so thanks for answering that. In case you are wondering, I am not what you would call religious myself.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:45 am
Setanta wrote:
...concatenation of absurdity...

what an excellent phrase. Will try and use as often as possible during 07.

Thanks Set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:47 am
No problem, Boss . . . i suspect that there will be many occasions upon which it will come in handy . . .
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:32 pm
Here's a major sign of judgement day. It will be ten days after set burns his tv dinner. Let us know when it happens set? On second thought, why don't you just lay of the tv dinners, and we'll all be fine.

(I'm just having fun with this. If anyone is offended by my reaction to this stuff, let them consider that some might be offended by certain individuals' tendency to preach and be deaf when someone has a reply that doesn't agree with their words. It is hardly fair to enter a discussion on such terms.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:41 pm
A breeze from the South will cause sores in the armpits of Muslims?

wow, whether that literal or allegorical, that still sounds bad.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:45 pm
Chai wrote:
A breeze from the South will cause sores in the armpits of Muslims?...
I was puzzling this too. Surely crotch first?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:57 pm
I know.
I mean, you can walk around with your arms akimbo if you had to, to nothing helps a crotch sore.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 12:58 pm
Oh!

Wait a minute, a "breeze from the South..."

maybe that means a breeze from your crotch will drift up into your armpits and give you sores.

now that makes more sense.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:07 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 04:02 pm
this is getting yukky

who started this line?

oh me

ok

ttnf

(ta taa for now)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 04:44 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
ttnf

(ta taa for now)

<ahem>
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 04:49 pm
ta taa now for
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 04:59 pm
Thomas wrote:
Raul-7 wrote:
TOTAL ECLIPSE
A total eclipse of the sun and moon will occur in Ramadhan, prior to Imam Mahdi's emergence.

Now that's a nice, specific prediction. For what date do astronomers predict the next eclipse of both moon and sun within one month?

To answer my own question, I looked up NASA's table of total eclipses of the sun and the moon. I also tried, without success, to figure out when the Ramadan will be in each of the next 100 years or so. So I took a conservative approach and looked for years in which both the sun and the moon would have total eclipses between September 1 and November 1.

As a result of my research, I am happy to announce that such a year will not come until 2051, when a total eclipse of the sun on October 4th will be followed by a total eclipse of the moon on October 19th. It is more likely than not that at least one of these dates will lie outside of the Ramadan, but 2051 is the first year where it's even possible. This is the worst case.

Happily I will likely be dead at this point anyway, so I have nothing to worry about. But thank you, Raul-7, for bringing the problem to my attention.

Setanta wrote:
Personally, though, just to be on the safe side, i'm gonna keep an eye for the sun rising in the west . . .

That's good, practical advice, Setanta. God bless you.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 05:06 pm
Thomas

What about the year 2012? Some folks claim that this is the year when something monumental will happen. Some say the end of days. Others say that we will enter a new realm of existence... Rolling Eyes

Any planetary or stellar activity this year that deviates from what's "normal"?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 05:10 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
What about the year 2012?

I'm sorry, Cyracruz, but the lord is very clear on this in Raul-7's source (which he didn't yet identify). No apocalypse for you in 2012. You'll have to wait until 2051 at least, just like the rest of us.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 05:23 pm
No way. In the summer of 2012 I will host my very own apocalypse party. Invitations will be distributed at a later date.

Of course, there'll be no mass suicides or any kind of "unfun" activities.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 05:31 pm
nimh wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
ttnf

(ta taa for now)

<ahem>
Laughing glad someone's awake
0 Replies