Why I Shed Bikini for Niqab

Raul-7

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:33 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Raul

Your views may be very one sided. Men do not face the same difficulties as women, true. But that isn't to say that men don't face difficulties and discriminations in the modern societies.

Many, many men are so consumed by the desire for worldly success that they lose themselves in it and spend their lives in misery. The worst part is that they may still appear successful, while they're rotting on the inside. In a society where it wasn't forbidden for a man to show weakness there might have been a way out of it.

That's true, people who are too busy persuing this Wordly life will always be brought to their knees. That's why you should focus on persuing the Hereafter. But that doesn't have anything to do with modesty of the sexes in general, it has more to do with Faith and religion.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:34 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Oh, so when they advocate showing more skin they're not considered extremists - instead they are considered 'normal'. Great! Maybe I shouldn't mind my wife being eye-candy to everyone else afterall.

I think most red blooded males would love to have an "eye candy" wife. Isn't jealously/envy one of the seven deadly sins?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:41 am
Raul.

I disagree with your statement that we should focus on pursuing the hereafter.
As I see it, that brings no relief, because it is in this moment we can experience misery, not in some hereafter we don't even know exists.

So I'll pick the apples of the tree I can see this year, rather than hope that the fruits of next year will be better. And to ensure that I won't be brought to my knees I will not pick more apples than can fit in my belly.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:55 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Raul.

I disagree with your statement that we should focus on pursuing the hereafter.
As I see it, that brings no relief, because it is in this moment we can experience misery, not in some hereafter we don't even know exists.

So I'll pick the apples of the tree I can see this year, rather than hope that the fruits of next year will be better. And to ensure that I won't be brought to my knees I will not pick more apples than can fit in my belly.

I didn't mean to abandon the Worldly life completely, I meant to find a midway.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Work for this World as if you were immortal, and work for the Hereafter as if you were to die tommorow."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:53 am
Raul-7- There is no doubt that western women are pressured in terms of their looks. That does NOT mean that they have to buy into that idea. There are plenty of comfortably sized women, who dress smartly, without having to look like sex symbols.

Why are men, in Islam, forbidden to look at women? Are men considered so weak minded, that every time they look at a woman, all they can think of is lust? If that is so, I don't think much of Islamic men.

Clue..............if the Muslim men stopped thinking about women simply as sex objects, they would find that there is a lot more substance to females than they ever considered!

But then again, some men seem to have problems with giving up even a tiny bit of control and dominance!! Mad
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:04 pm
I always thought clothing had the function of keeping you warm in cold weather... which would mean you would not require so much in hot weather.... if it's hot enough to go swimming at the beach then covering up scalp to toes seems pretty damned stupid to me.....
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:37 pm
This article did not ring true to me:

Quote:
I was delighted with the new looks of wonder on people's faces in place of the looks of a hunter watching his prey I had once sought. Suddenly a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer spent all my time consumed with shopping, makeup, getting my hair done, and working out. Finally, I was free.

I'm guessing that as she aged, wearing a bikini did not get her the attention it once did. :wink:

Quote:
Today I am still a feminist, but a Muslim feminist, who calls on Muslim women to assume their responsibilities in providing all the support they can for their husbands to be good Muslims.

She obviously does not know the meaning of "feminist!" I am a happily married gender-barrier-breaking feminist from the ERA years, and my husband is quite capable of achieving his own salvation, if he ever so desires.

Quote:
Yesterday, the bikini was the symbol of my liberty, when in actuality it only liberated me from my spirituality and true value as a respectable human being.

She will only truly be free when she realizes that it doesn't matter what you wear, what matters is how you think.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:42 pm
one word... LIPOZENE...
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 04:54 pm
I really agree with Phoenix.

Self acceptance as a woman doesn't require one to be dressed a certain way or not, or to pursue a particular religion or not.

Self respect comes from within and can't be shook by what others may or may not think of you.

And Terry, I think you are mostly likely right about 'she just got older and the bikini wasn't getting her the attention she once got'. Laughing So she needed another outlet and way of bringing the focus back to herself.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 06:07 pm
good replies all.

like terry, I don't think the story rang true either.

It makes out like every single woman is as insecure as she is.

In fact, I find woman who make such a big deal about appearance and things no "down to earth" people care about, boring.

I mean, doesn't she have anything else going for her?
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 06:08 pm
Raul-7

Of the many times you have planted your religious adds.....
"Why I Shed Bikini for Niqab" says it all again... dun it. ( bless mother for bearing me --- father for his seed planting and mother earth for nourishing me and making it all possible ) says Anton.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:21 pm
I just named my penis Niqab, says blacksmithn...

Shed for me, I command it!
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 09:18 am
Hey blacksmithn, just keep old Niqab out of the way that hammer or you're going to see some serious shedding of your own.
0 Replies