New Topics / all catagories

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:52 am
Gotta be a simple way to replicate the aBuzz feature (that came and went over the years) of viewing 'New Interactions'

A list of all new topics, regardless of catgory, for the last, say, 24 hours...

Pleeeze...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,553 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:07 am
Sure thing, dunno if I can add it before I leave (since I might not have time to code it I asked around and will see if other developers are interested) but that's a very good idea and will be high on the never ending to do list.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:14 am
Hmm, I just realised that I already have this feature but not in list format. How about a page that has the first post in all new topics?

Look at some of the category pages like this: http://www.able2know.com/aa_general.php

That page shows all the threads in the general forum in the order that they were posted. I can make a page like that with ALL the forums on one page and it would take me about 3 minutes.

Would that suffice till I make the list?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:20 am
That would be very cool. I was trying to look at unanswered topics, but I was getting myself awfully confused. Not a far trip some days.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:27 am
Love the hat, darlin' . . . how come you never wear that when we're together?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:33 am
I have no problems. When I get onto the site, I go to Forum Index, and click on "View topics since your last visit." They are highlighted, and I can access just those topics of interest. This morrning I had 179.

Thank goodness for broadband!!!

Aside to Craven, and anybody else who wants to listen. I was having a problem with going to another site before reading all the unread posts, and losing Able2Know. Whan I returned, the "unread posts" were counted from the time I left, so I would lose a lot of posts. Then I read a good hint in a computer column in my local paper.

Go to settings>controlpanel>Internet options>advanced. UNCHECK "reuse windows for launching shortcuts".

Now, when I want to look something up, I just minimize Able2know. When I want to return, I just click the taskbar (toolbar? I never remember which is which) on the bottom of the screen.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 02:20 pm
Phoenix,
Couldn't you just minimize able2know window, go to where you want to go to, then click on minimized window to come back? Don't you have that ability all along?

sumac
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 02:25 pm
Sumac- It looks like I didn't. When I would open a few windows, the earlier ones would close. I have been working like this for nearly 4 years. Oh, well, eventually I will learn all I have to know about computers!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:05 pm
Craven... we are in your capable hands. any simple button would do...
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:06 pm
Carven?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:04 pm
I'm sure you meant to say Carmen, didncha?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:08 pm
There's also "view posts from the last 24 hours", up on the left there. Works very similarly to "New Interactions" for me...
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:10 pm
Whatsamatta there SP? Ya spelt it right the 1st time....

(gawd I love that "Edit" button! Twisted Evil )
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:51 pm
Here ya go Sealpoet: http://www.able2know.com/allthetopics.php

It shows the latest topics from all the forums. You can paginate through it to see the older ones.

It displays the first post in each topic with a linkt o view the replies.

The page is linked to on the control panel (so you don't have to come here to find the link). The Icon for this page on the control panel is an "n" and the link is called new topics or somesuch.

Lemme know if it needs tweaking.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 07:01 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Go to settings>controlpanel>Internet options>advanced. UNCHECK "reuse windows for launching shortcuts".

Where do we locate settings? I could not find it in the control panel. Help me, whaaaa.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 07:05 pm
You can do it right from your browser.

Click tools then Internet Options, then the advanced tab.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 07:11 pm
Tis done. Thank you, you are a gentleman, a scholar, and a connoisseur of fine beer. Razz
0 Replies