Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 07:40 am
I have been hear lots of Christian speakers and such over the past few months. And one thing that has been increasingly irritating to me is the over reading of bible passages. Such as the ten commandments. Apparently "thou shalt not murder" also means you shouldn't call ppl bad names, hate anyone, or think bad things about them. The only problem with this is...they are the ten commandments. The most basic of laws, for anyone to read and obey, not to be read deeply into so that they somehow cover everything. they are just basic rules to live by.

Another one is trying to find the trinity in the creation story. If you believe in that kind of stuff then the "Let us make man in our image" should be ample proof. Instead i've heard
Quote:
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

God is father, Us is the Son, and said is the holy spirit. This is a incredible stretch just to fit in this half baked idea.

The point is, if you believe the bible, it should be enough. You don't have to pull in a bunch of wishy wash concepts to prove them correct again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 474 • Replies: 0
No top replies