What will you be up to on new year's eve?

dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:47 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Damn it, I must have missed it. Why not just send it by PM? I can be trusted.

Here it is again......are you a hidden user?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:02 am
Dangit!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 12:25 pm
Last night I looked up from a very good book to hear the noise of gunfire.

Today when I went down the driveway to pick up the newspapers, I saw both the MetEd repair truck and the cable truck. Once again our Neighbors with Shotguns blew in the New Year and blew out the overhead lines.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 12:32 pm
Must be scary to have neighbours with shotguns.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:06 pm
Dorothy Parker--

I'd worry more about neighbors with Saturday Night Specials.

I don't have a lot in common with the local Pickup Truck w/ Gun Rack culture, but by and large they are good, salt-of-the-earth people.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:51 pm
I liked this new years eve.

In the morning, I was still in Holland, railing to the airport with my sis and brother and law and the two kids, and my father, accompanying me to the airport. Cant remember the last time I was waved out at the airport! My nephew really likes trains.

I slpet the full three hours of the flight, arrived in Budapest mid-afternoon, and met my friend Cs and her flatmate at my house. They organised a party for new years eve, in my flat - since they had the time, and I had the space. So we were cleaning and cooking till their friends started arriving, mid-evening.

T was pretty cool - the ten of us or so, drinking eating and dancing. Little boring at the beginning, when I still dropped out for a moment to say hi to my friend Susannah who was working all night in the cafe across the square, to wish her a happy new year. But the last coupla hours of the party were cool, people being drunk and funny and all of us taking pictures of each other dancing etc.

Also, homegirl was there, a friend of Cs's who Id already met coupla times before in Cs's hometown, and the last time when we were out photographing the other night few weeks ago. Dont know if I mentioned her. I think she's reeeaally cute - but when I asked Cs after the last time she said she thought the girl liked me but not in that way, etc etc, so I forgot about it. But now she was really nice and kept taking pictures of me with her cellphone and lo and behold we ended up outside on the courtyard gallery kissing and holding each other and everything and it was nice..

She kinda drifted off again after, but later that night I went dancing. Another friend of Cs's, a positively adorable young girl who looked like a butterfly, went to some closed party in a small club down the road when the others went home, so we went together. To my bebummedment, I couldnt persuade homegirl to come along, and she went home with the old friend (and ex..) that she was staying with. The party was cool tho. Wholly different scene, and one that made me totally nostalgic and everything: DJ playing house and minimal techno, small crowd massing on the dancefloor, all hip and veeeeerry happy ravers, even with lollies whistles and everything Smile .

Everyone knew each other and if they didnt know you you were their friend anyway - you know the vibe - all superficial as hell, of course, but still a very nice and welcome relief in this city where you kinda have to work yourself into any set of friends, to just have all these pretty, lovable people being high and hugging everyone, and again with the cameraphones of course everyone piccing each other - I was well entertained.

Butterfly girl had a bit of an unfortunate run-in with a flirt right off the bat so spent the rest of the night drinking Jim Bean & Cokes to forget, dancing and chatting and livening up- she's really adorable, and mostly evoked all my fatherly protective instincts. We stayed till 7:30 or so, when everyone was thrown out and a small group went on to some afterparty; we went home, and I made sure she had a bottle of water by the bed when she slept at 8 in the (spare) bedroom.

We woke up at 7 tonight or the like. Had a cuppa tea, cleaned the house and watched some pics, and she's off now too. Bit quiet and lonely here now, dont feel like sleeping - its funny how easily you slip back into this cycle, I'm all ready to go clubbing again now, meet people and dance (forget life). Its cool as a lifestyle. As a one-off its a bit frustrating, because Id love to go clubbing like that more often again but my friends are all more into pubbing sitting around and talking, and its a wholly separate scene, all different people, so it remains a bit of a closed door. So now I have to recalibrate again, for a quiet and hopefully mellow day tomorrow and back to work on the 3rd.

Happy new year again to everyone - Debs night and new years day sounded great, and to all who had a quiet night in, all the more peaceful and contented a new year you'll have!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:32 pm
dlowan wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

I have just developed a nervous twitch from staring at that smoking bunny for so long.

Nothing! Sad

Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong? Confused

<twitch, twitch>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:34 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Last night I looked up from a very good book to hear the noise of gunfire.

Today when I went down the driveway to pick up the newspapers, I saw both the MetEd repair truck and the cable truck. Once again our Neighbors with Shotguns blew in the New Year and blew out the overhead lines.

Good grief, Noddy! Shocked Rolling Eyes Confused

Hold your dominion!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:55 pm
Ms. Olga--

Just like Afghanistan or Iraq last year.

Noise makers are noise makers.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:03 pm
True, true, Noddy.

But I don't like the idea of them, in your neighbourhood, one little bit! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:04 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Must be scary to have neighbours with shotguns.

Dunno 'bout that - offhand, I can't think of a neighbor around here that doesn't have shotguns ... and rifles, of assorted variety. I know a few who don't have handguns, but riflles, shotguns, fishing tackle, sturdy boots, and denim just about define the immediate surrounding community.

New Years at Timberland went pretty well - no shots fired in anger, no charges filed, no major property damage, no injuries calling for professional attention.

Among the folks who stayed overnight, a few actually pitched in to help with the cleanup - way cool and much appreciated; there was a buncha cleanup to be done, but its pretty much handled now, and a great - if late -breakfast was had by all as reward for getting the job got done.

Among the folks who elected to not stay overnight was one who shoulda chosen differently even given that he lives less than a mile from here, just off the same road - and who wound up doing so despite his wishes. Making his way down the driveway to the road, he managed to pilot his vehicle into the shallow (but last night wind-driven-snow filled) drainage ditch which runs downhill alongside the driveway. His evidently buffudled efforts to extract himself from the predicament effectively worsened the predicament, and he showed up back in the (then still a debris-strewn disaster area) kitchen, seeking assistance in the matter of extracting his at the time thoroughly stuck truck. In the charity and fellowship of the moment, those still awake quickly came to the unanimous consenus the desired result best and most conveniently would be achieved some time after daylight had come and a hearty breakfast had been enjoyed. And so it was that the truck and its owner departed for home around 2:30 or so this afternoon, some 12 hours following the initial attempt to that end.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:24 pm
Fancy a glass of some fizzy stuff after all that food, timber? :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:39 pm
Msolga--

Rural American has its own rules.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:00 pm
dlowan wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

I missed it again. Sad Hidden, yes... because I seldom log off... because I generally never close out of anything... because I leave my computer on, except for maintenance. Otherwise it will report my presence erroneously more often than not. Why no PM? You do realize anyone can right-click-save any pic you post here, even if only briefly, so that would be considerably less private.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:08 pm
you don't say

Cool
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:32 pm
I was up until about 6am drinking. Played beer pong at my place, and I'm still cleaning, which sucks balls when you're hungover.

I took my girlfriend out to dinner earlier in the night, and I was pretty pissed at the restaurant. They ensured me over two seperate phone calls that driving in wouldn't be a problem, and their valet was up and running. Well I went the way they told me, and the street was blocked, so we had to park and walk, and she didn't wear shoes that were good for walking at all....on top of that, I asked them over the phone to bring out a birthday cake at dessert, which they failed to do(today's her bday). Other than that, it's a really cool place, Excelsior in downtown.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:47 pm
ehBeth wrote:
you don't say

Cool
Laughing Laughing Laughing That confused me for a moment. Has happened since Gus Hijacked it years ago.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:48 pm
I have a little folder.

Cool
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 11:32 pm
Who knew Slappy was such a romantic?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 07:49 pm
Nice NYE, nimh! Balm for the soul...

We went to a friend's house, it was a nice gathering, super informal, tons of food. One family was there when we arrived, then another family got there after we were there for an hour or two. Sozlet had slept terribly the night before and was just coming out of one of her epic illnesses (avoided the ER this time, if barely) so we had to leave early, for us -- we often stay very late at their house. The kids had a blast, sozlet conked out as soon as we got home and doesn't seem to have gotten sick again. It was nice.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:51:16