What will you be up to on new year's eve?

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 11:16 pm
Anything special planned?

Dinner with friends?

Home alone?

Bed with a good book?

Off to see the fireworks?

Watching the countdown on the teev?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,201 • Replies: 89
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 11:25 pm
A bit less than 8 hours to go here.

It's muggy & overcast (though quite warm) & you could hear a pin drop outside.

Perhaps everyone's having an afternoon nap, or something?

Me: a quiet night in, I think.

I could go over to some friends' house, but I'm rather enjoying just pottering about here. Very peaceful, it is.

So I may: read the next few chapers of The March.
Watch a video from my stash of unseens.
Go for a walk up the street & say g'day to my friend, A.
Cook something earlier, if I feel inspired too.
Hmmmm .... not sure yet!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 11:33 pm
Party!

I forgot the party option!

.... and the hangover the next morning!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:00 am
Oh sweetie, it's been years now that I just try to stay awake until midnight. I know, it's pathetic, but true. Sigh.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:05 am
Nah, not pathetic at all. You're obviously an early bird! Besides, Diane, those birthday celebrations will require some recovering time!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:06 am
LOL, for both of us...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:08 am
You have your priorities absolutely right, Diane! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:16 am
Dinner down near the sea....then fireworks there, or a late film.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:20 am
Oh nice, Deb!

(I assume you're experiencing the muggy, sticky weather we are, in Melbourne? B
By the sea would be perfect!)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:32 am
I shall see the new year in with a bang. Cold_erinis in the city at fed square and boypad is at his gfs parents home up the hill.
so that being the case........as every young Newcastle lad knows, dont you ever let a chance go by oh lord
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 12:51 am
Good for you, dadpad!

Have fun! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:42 am
It's starting to rain here.
Ok, not quite rain, like earlier.
Spitting optimistically, more like it.
It's going to be a wettish celebration in the city centre.

Did any of you ever do that? I mean hang around the big clock (in which ever city), get horribly drunk & ecstatic during that countdown to the new year?.... We see it on our tv screens, from NYC, London, where-ever ....

I confess I never did it.
The idea of being horribly drunk in the city, worrying about the public transport home & also the green gills the next morning sort of put me off.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:45 am
Mumpad and I went to fed square one year, but it got dangerouse (and we got old). Getting home was always a problem as well.

Before I met mumpad I had no life.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 01:52 am
You're very lucky then, dadpad. Very Happy

Yes, I always wondered what those festive situations were actually like, when you were actually right in the middle of them. Not being a great drunk, I think I would have found hours & hours of it incredibly wearying.
0 Replies

Marco Lazzeri

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 08:08 am
A short party with friends. On bed with a good book.
Up and out on the morn of 1st Jan. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 08:25 am
Son and stepson turned twenty and took themselves into the Big Apple for the Time's Square celebration.

Up close and personal, they found it rather sordid--and these are two young men whose finer sensibilities had not developed at that time.

This year I have a good book--one of a series--set aside for a reread. I may last until midnight--I may not.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:10 am
Noddy-Hmmm.........Good idea. I have one of my trashy serial killer books
that maybe I will finish tonight. Mr. P. has been feeling really lousy, so I doubt if we will be doing much celebrating.

Diane- You are not alone. I can't remember when I was able to stay awake until midnight.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:21 am
I will play a party at a local establishment... stay sober because I'm not an idiot and will probably be pulled over on the way home anyway and go through the "good evenng Mr. Quinney have you been drinking ?" bullshit.

I will arrive home and squinney will be sound asleep and I will have a glass of wine (or two) by myself in the living room and then go to bed.

You guys call it New Years Eve, I call it Sunday night.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 10:49 am
We're joining friends for dinner and a party at a nightclub. Sonny Landreth (called one of the greatest guitarists on the planet by Eric Clapton and the best slide guitarist alive) will be playing and I've just learned that one of the Chicago network TV stations will be broadcasting live as part of their coverage. It's a small club and I want to be on TV even less than I want to have still photos taken, or NOT AT ALL, so I'll be spending the night hiding behind Mr B.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 11:07 am
JPB, I'm with you regarding photos, but Sonny Landreth is just the sort of person that would get me out of the house on New Year's Eve. I'll bet I would even stay awake!

Happy hiding and even happier listening.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What will you be up to on new year's eve?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 09:22:47