Trinity: anti-Satanism

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:13 pm
I have a friend who has had a recent converstion to this, and even though its kind of strange and other than the obvious name, is intresting none the less.

One thing he pointed out to me is the trinity, this is shown as not father son and holy spirit but Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. and all those have three parts as well. Suni, Shite, Kurd (sry if any are misspelled), Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Prodistant...and i forgot the 3 jewish ones. He says these are all differnt ways all leading to the same purpose, anti-satan.

Kind of intresting, not sure if i agree but intriguing still.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 686 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:07 pm
Your friend doesn't have any history of mental disorders does he?

Obsession with a particular number, along with extremes of religion....I'm seeing a little flag goin' up.....

Alternatively, is your friend Dan Brown?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:30 am
actually i find he makes very few observations on his own. Mostly its from studies and books.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:34 am
The Kurds are generally Sunni Muslim.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:53 am
its true, Kurdish people are from a Geographical location and are either Sunni, or Shia in their faith.

Sounds like this person may be a fruitcake
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:02 am
Re: Trinity: anti-Satanism
EpiNirvana wrote:

One thing he pointed out to me is the trinity, this is shown as not father son and holy spirit but Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.

I think if he had stopped here it might have been good. This is indeed an interesting take on the concept of the trinity.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:08 pm
Good advise for next time.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 08:41 pm
Re: Trinity: anti-Satanism
EpiNirvana wrote:
...and i forgot the 3 jewish ones.

Your friend is a bit confused. There are at least 4 Jewish branches, Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, and Reconstructionist Jews. There are also Humanist Jews - a non-theistic group who believe that humans have the power to shape their own lives independent of supernatural authority.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 02:54 pm
He might be, he only joined a few weeks ago. But i guess the main point is that none of these religions are truelly true, but instead its just god being anti-satan.
0 Replies