Royal fighting the fight with his fellow troops.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:08 pm
Prince Harry the Warrior
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is great. He wants to fight in the War with his fellow troops. He already passed up Christmas to spend the time with them in the barracks. This is a man who will make a great leader.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,196 • Replies: 13
No top replies

old europe

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:20 pm
Re: Royal fighting the fight with his fellow troops.
Baldimo wrote:
I think this is great. He wants to fight in the War with his fellow troops. He already passed up Christmas to spend the time with them in the barracks. This is a man who will make a great leader.

I like your enthusiasm for the monarchy, Baldimo! Marvellous!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:32 pm
Baldimo wrote:
He already passed up Christmas to spend the time with them in the barracks.

From today's "Daily Mail" (page 41):

http://i11.tinypic.com/43zb0gh.jpg

Quote:
Harry's freebie getaway

Richard Kay

PRINCE Harry has been whisked away from Army duties to the sun-bleached beaches of Mozambique on a private jet provided by his girlfriend Chelsy Davy's controversial multimillionaire father. The prince joined Chelsy, 21, and her family on romantic Bazaruto Island for the third year running, where he will enjoy an all-expenses-paid ten-day holiday courtesy of safari operator Charles Davy.

Harry, 22, has become increasingly close to the Zimbabweanborn tycoon, who has been widely criticised for his links to dictator Robert Mugabe.

Mr Davy is one of the country's biggest ranchowners and is thought to control about 1 per cent of all agricultural land at a time when many white farmers are being brutally forced out of their livelihood.

Army officer Harry has, however, refused to hear a word against him and has once more chosen to abandon the Royal Family's traditional New Year at Sandringham in favour of spending his holiday with the Davy clan.

After being confined to barracks on Christmas Day with his Blues and Royals regiment, Harry and two bodyguards flew out of Heathrow on Boxing Day to Johannesburg, where they were met early yesterday by a twin-prop Mitsubishi MU2 owned by Mr Davy.

The group were then flown down to Mozambique, where, I'm told, Harry raced into the arms of his beautiful bikiniclad girlfriend of two years.

The couple are sharing a £2,000-a-week thatched Aframe cottage on the beach, overlooking the Indian Ocean, also paid for by Mr Davy. The lodge is romantically furnished with a king-sized bed draped with mosquito netting and a sunken bath built for two.

The lovebirds, who haven't seen each other since Chelsy's birthday in October, spent their first night quaffing cocktails and dining on a seafood barbecue.

Over the next few days, the couple plan to do nothing more strenuous than swim, sunbathe and fish.

They have, however, planned a spectacular New Year's Eve celebration with cocktails on the beach followed by a huge buffet of prawns and Goanstyle duck followed by a fireworks display.

Harry plans to fly back to England on January 5, when he will be officially informed whether his regiment will be sent to Iraq.

Although the Prince has made clear he wishes to serve on the frontline, top brass are still arguing as to whether his presence there would prove too much of a security risk.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:37 pm
Wonder if Harry will have bodyguards if he's sent to Iraq to fight?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:42 pm
Probably.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:42 pm
LOL - in addition to "being confined to barracks" (not exactly by choice)the thoughtful editors assure us that >

Quote:

> he was dressed in combat outfit - that's a relief, considering the uniforms he's been known to wear in the past <G>
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:45 pm
I guess this story has some odd angles, eh, Baldimo?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:46 pm
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1268047.jpg
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:44 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
I guess this story has some odd angles, eh, Baldimo?

Most stories do when it concers the royal family. I'm just glad to see that he wants to go with his unit. Remember he didn't have to join the military, he chose to.

old europe wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

I like your enthusiasm for the monarchy, Baldimo! Marvellous!

I wouldn't call it "enthusiasm". I will say its good to see someone who doesn't have to fight, want to fight for his country. Remember William (the oldest brother I think) didn't join the military but went to college instead.

I was just as happy when I saw John MaCains son joined the USMC.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:00 pm
"I will say its good to see someone who doesn't have to fight, want to fight for his country." Well he's no Bushie or Cheney in that respect.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:08 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
"I will say its good to see someone who doesn't have to fight, want to fight for his country." Well he's no Bushie or Cheney in that respect.

He's definitely no Bill Clinton.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:14 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Remember he didn't have to join the military, he chose to.

Well, either that or he was "content with a life of pointless privilege" as the conservative Times said.

(Actually, since he's Commodore-In-Chief, Small Ships and Diving, he should have joined the Navy, like his father ...)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:31 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

He's definitely no Bill Clinton.

How many different places did Clinton send troops in the 90's? No one had an issue back then with sending troops into harms way and they didn't have anything to say about him not being in the military. Double standard on the left?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 02:38 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Double standard on the left?

Perish the thought.
0 Replies