ucas application. is it better to get it in early?

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 11:38 am
Hi,
I am applying to do music at goldsmiths in 2007.
I got in last year, but decided to do a foundation art course for a year instead.
I am really angry, because despite asking my tutors to help me get my application in early, they are still working on the reference, and i have no way of trying to make them hurry up until JANUARY THE 8TH!!!! (jan 15th is the deadline)
I am so angry, because this is the only college i want to go to, yet I may now not get in because someone else hasn't done what they needed too.
Is this the deciding factor? Will it matter that my application is later rather than sooner?
Its like a shadow hanging over my head.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,308 • Replies: 5
No top replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 06:58 am
Ok, I'm gonna take it that nobody knows. Cool
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 08:31 am
What does UCAS stand for? Embarrassed
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 08:35 am
Very generally, when there is a deadline for applications, only the deadline matters. If you get it there before the deadline you should be fine.

This specific process might have some quirks, though, I don't know.

Good luck!
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:45 am
thanks sozboe.
Ucas stands for university college application system.
Its how u apply to uni.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 09:50 am
Ah, now I understand, thanks for clarifying.

So, your tutors aren't doing something that is clearly very important for your future? The way I see it, you can either push them to get it done or engage in damage control on the other end if it's not accomplished. Fortunately, it's still over a week before the deadline.

If I were you, I'd prepare for both, as in, I'd make it as excruciatingly easy as possible for your tutors to do their part. Oh, here's a friendly reminder (in person is often best). Oh, here's a stamped envelope set up for return receipt requested. Oh, here's all the materials you need, all the copies made, whatever. And, on the other end, I'd contact the folks who are expecting the information and tell them that, as far as you know, it's not out yet so a delay is possible, and what can be done at your end?

I'm sure you're not the only person with a slow tutor or teacher, but you're also not the only student out there. The tutors, certainly, should be well aware of this deadline and its importance. But a friendly nudge shouldn't be out of the question, I'd think.
0 Replies