[Resolved]Printing

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:20 am
Sometimes - quite often, in fact - I come across a piece of advice from another member, especially in the Computer Forum, and want to it. But when I try to copy and paste into Word for future reference I can't do it. Also, I can't select and print directly from the A2K site. Is there some way to handle these problems? Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,478 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:25 am
I wonder if you're inadvertently selecting boxes or hypertext? Those do get screwed up in Word or just about anywhere.

I just tried and am perfectly able to select a2k text and copy to an email which is how I normally cut & paste (sending to myself and later putting into a Word doc, if necessary).

Usually you can copy a website page as such, as well. Are you Windows-based.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 12:46 pm
Printing
Thanks, Piffka. I don't know what happened before, causing me to start this thread, but I had no trouble at all copying your post to Word. Copying to email? I never thought of that, I just go straight to Word. I have a keyboard with customizable keys, and one of them takes me direct to Word, even when I'm on the Web

Actually, how do you work it with copying A2K, etc stuff to email, anyway?.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 12:51 pm
Printing
Pliffka - I just tried copying that great "How to Report Bugs Efficiently" piece that Craven de Kere posted, and it worked exactly as I wanted. (This is the thing that I was having trouble copying). So who knows what happened. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 01:47 pm
Re: Printing
Tomkitten wrote:
Actually, how do you work it with copying A2K, etc stuff to email, anyway?.

I dunno, I have multiple windows open... I'm in NT Home with DSL. I just hop from a2k with a copy and create a new email in Outlook Express. As long as I don't select any of the frames, I'm OK.

Glad it is now working for you. P

PS -- I wish you'd consider getting a TomKitten avatar. I have an old TK print, with the blue outfit which I love v. v. much. Sort of like this one...

http://www.epossibleonline.com/images/gatomkittent.jpg

Actually, here's the one I've got, without the momcat:
http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10021000/10021709.jpg

(Gotta love that face.)
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 02:57 pm
Copying
Jeez, Piffka, you've blown my cover!

I'll have to try copying the picture from the book and get it on a2k.

BTW - the only other comments I've ever had on my name was from someone on Abuzz who thought it was a rather disgusting choice... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 03:05 pm
Disgusting??? Huh? Obviously that must have been a sad sack who was not read to as a child.

I love Tom Kitten... I need to get my print reframed.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 04:01 pm
Printing
Piffka - I once spent a year working with retarded blind children. I read to them regularly, and they loved Beatrix Potter. However, I only had the books in French, and had to translate as I went along. Retarded they may have been, but if I accidentally changed one word while translating, they knew it, and would let me know it, and I would be hideously Embarrassed !

Now I have to figure out how to make Tomkitten my avatar. There must be instructions somewhere on a2k.

Back to the printing thing - I use XP Home, and pasting directly into Word seems the quickest and simplest for me, but everyone works out their own methods as seem best to them. Which, of course, is what makes horse racing.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 04:10 pm
There are avatar instructions somewhere. Craven could help if he has the time (I think his signature line used to include the link to the avatar instructions.) and Littlek was quite adept at working with them. You could ask her. Lots of others know how, too. I'm stuck in a rut with mine, so if you ever learn how... Very Happy

Blind and Retarded? A double whammy for them, I'm glad you were able to give them a taste of Beatrix.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 04:50 pm
The avatar instructions can be found by clicking on anyone's avatar. :-D
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 06:58 pm
Printing
I checked old posts under "Help" and found Craven's instructions, also jespah's. Now I have to find my copy of the book and get the illustration into my computer.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:47 am
Printing
What I need to know now is what actual dimensions the pixel limitations equal. How do I figure out the pixels, anyway, to begin with?

The original picture is small, but how small is small enough?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 07:20 am
TK -- If you right-click on the Tom Kitten illustration above, you'll get a window where you can click on Properties. When you click on that, a whole host of information comes up including the number of pixels in that image. The bigger one above is 381x481 pixels, the smaller is... I forget, but something less.

I think (and this is someone who has never gone beyond her first avatar) you just cut down your illustration and check it until it is the corect maximum pixel size for an avatar on a2k, a number I also can't remember, I think it's 72x??, but it says on the profile page. Good Luck!
0 Replies

Chevelle

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 09:18 am
Is it possible we have to be signed on to print?
I also tried to print some neat instructions but was unable, I will try again, since it worked now on this page, A
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 09:52 am
Welcome Chevelle! Let us know if you continue to have problems. Signing on shouldn't affect your ability to print.
0 Replies

Chevelle

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 11:21 am
Thanks for the welcome Very Happy
I was able to highlight and print, it did not work yesterday, strange Surprised
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 11:27 am
Are you using the print page?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 12:23 pm
Printing
Piffka - Lookit what I did! It took me an hour or more to figure it all out, but I certainly learned a lot while following your suggestion about the avatar. Thanks much for the idea Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Chevelle

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 12:43 pm
I did not want the whole thread, just where you explained exactly how to get rid of >
when you forward an e-mail. (example)
I was able to do this, worked fine today, A
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:40 pm
Neato, tomkitten.
0 Replies