EBay stores

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 06:49 am
Anybody ever own one? I've looked into it and it seems fairly simple, but I have a few questions.

How/where does one advertise or otherwise promote to gain customer traffic?

Drop shippers, good or bad? It seems to me that, starting out, that might be the way to go. At least you wouldn't need to worry about having physical inventory on hand (and paying for stuff that may not move) or postage/shipping.

Like lots of folks, I've bought and sold on EBay as a private party and think I have a handle on the basics of listing and selling items, but is there anything I should know that isn't generally known to the public at large? Tricks to the trade, so to speak.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 830 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:36 am
I don't know anything about this, but listening to hear what others have to say.

A while back I stopped at one of this places to see what they were all about, to maybe get rid of some stuff, but they said they only did business liquidations. Then, I saw another (or same) place across town, but they were never open.

May I ask, what is a drop ship? I've never bought or sold on ebay.

blacksmith, did you the "the 40 year old virgin"? You could sell some "wonderful shoes"
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:20 am
Chai, by the term EBay Store, I mean a store "front" on EBay, where EBay users can go to purchase goods. Although I've seen those EBay stores you're talking about, where you bring in the item and they handle the auction for you. I never understood how they make money. It seems like there would be a pretty limited market for that service...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:21 am
Oh, and I missed 40 Y.O.Virgin, although my stepson thinks it's the funniest movie in the world.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:26 am
Yeah, the woman on there has one of those store front places.

You must go watch that movie.

Go up to your stepson and say to him..."You know how I know you're gay..."? and say whatever you want after it, like..."because you're afraid to eat Flaming Hot Cheetos"....

guaranteed he'll laugh.

Sorry to step on your thread, I'll leave now.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:34 am
[Whew, for a minute I thought she was going to start singing the Shaft song again....]
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:46 am
No, but I own Ebay.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:06 pm
Great! Can you get me a deal on some shoes?
0 Replies