What kind of idiot buys a Chia pet?

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:07 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
Have you seen the Clapper Plus? It's remote controlled now!!

Bella-I may be a bit dense, but wasn't the point of the Clapper, that you did not have to fool around with any doohickies??? Rolling Eyes

You can use it both ways.

Clap on, clap off....or mount the thing and have it as a switch. At least, I think you can do both....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:08 am
happycat wrote:

a candle shaped like a washing machine??
Very Happy

I was trying to come up with something utterly tasteless and useless that nobody would possibly want. My first thought was a candle shaped like a dildo, but I thought that could maybe have its uses...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 01:43 pm
When I had a Christmas tree, I had a kitchen sink from a doll's house made into an ornament.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:58 pm
Well, it seems that the Chia pet went over well. It got a really big reaction when it was opened. It was traded immediately for a set of martini glasses, but still, it was a fun gift. It was the second-to-last gift picked, probably because the wrapping looked so mangy and ridiculous. The girl who ended up with it didn't look too happy though, after having a set of martini glasses right up until the end. Ha, f*ck her! That's what Christmas is all about!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:59 pm
Totally!

What'd you end up with?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 05:12 pm
I ended up with a book called, "What Would MacGyver Do?" It's a bunch of real-life MacGyver-type stories. Funny.

I was the first one in the group to steal somebody else's gift too. Ha. I traded my book for this Zen fountain thing that was totally sweet, and then someone else took my zen fountain and left me with candles and incense and stuff. Then the girl who I'd taken the fountain from seemed like she wanted the candles and stuff so I traded her for the book that I'd originally picked. It didn't matter to me. It was fun. I liked being the first one to screw with things too. This white elephant stuff is pretty cool.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 06:37 pm
I stole a tv from someone in our last one. Very Happy I felt positively EVIL. Which is about as Christmassy as you can get, isn't it?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:02 pm
Yes! You have the exact right attitude! Screw everybody! It's Christmastime!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:37 pm
We used to play a version of that game a few years back. My number one helper always bought useless crap at the Dollar Store, while the rest of us would spend about ten dollars. The boss, being more grasping and greedy than Scrooge, always ended up with the best on the pile.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:42 pm
I always thought some enterprising plant genetecist type should engineer chia "hair" that makes THC. That'd make a killing.

Of course, it would be easier to make Chia naked hippie...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:45 pm
But wait, pdawg, you, you, you, have a viable idea.

SproutsRUs!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:49 pm
That would be cool. A Cheeba pet.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:51 pm
Kicky, I was just thinking - how many other stuff people buy are more stupid than the Chia pet?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:58 pm
Cheeba pet! YES!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:24 pm
Yes, c.i. Stupid things, like the Pet Rock, for instance. How the hell did that ever get to be a thing?

Patiodog, if you make that Cheeba Pet thing happen, I am with you a hundred percent. In fact, I'll even give you the seed money (Ha!) for the venture.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:29 pm
Well, I wouldn't since I don't have it, but I'll sue for rights as an original surporter.

Kidding, already.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 03:04 am
kickycan wrote:
Yes! You have the exact right attitude! Screw everybody! It's Christmastime!

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 11:24 am
Yes, the pet rock was one of them, but I'm sure there are other "junk" people paid money for that doesn't have "any" value except in their simple brains.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 11:31 am
Anyone want to buy a slightly used mood ring???? Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 11:54 am
My family has done a white elephant gifting round for years, and I'd always coveted the elusive Chia Einstein that would get passed around ...

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7756/chia1rv6.jpg

... that is until the year Big Mouth Billy Bass was added to the mix of regular annual gifts.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/246/singingfishoriginalgr0.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:21:14