If I Hear "Holly Jolly Christmas" One More Time...

Tico

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 07:24 am
patiodog wrote:
Much worse than Christmas carols.

Oh! I thought we were talking Christmas songs here ~ as distinct from Christmas carols. I like carols, even if I'm not Christian. There's something about big symphonic music (Joy to the World), or those elegant ancient tunes (Adestes Fidelis) ....

But Christmas songs .... feh
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 07:58 am
Hair splitter.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 08:03 am
Holly Jolly Christmas makes me want to puke. The fact that anything other than water also makes me want to puke is not the point.

Christmas music is ok if you haven't been forced to hear it for a month before Christmas.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 08:45 am
my last kshow until the 27th was last night and I am so finished with hearing people butcher christmas songs ala karaoke.

Last night towards the end of the night a girl got up to sing Silent Night. Jesus, Abraham and all the saints wept as I did I feel sure.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 05:50 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Holly Jolly Christmas makes me want to puke. The fact that anything other than water also makes me want to puke is not the point.

Christmas music is ok if you haven't been forced to hear it for a month before Christmas.

Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth there, Bella!

Question:
How many "romm pomm pomm pomm's" do you think a person can stand in a day? Mad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 01:50 am
They're back to the Christmas music at work Mad
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:04 am
Montana wrote:
They're back to the Christmas music at work Mad

My sympathies. Try wearing ear plugs.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:06 am
I actually like that song (Holly Jolly Christmas) but I don't have to listen
to it day-in-day-out either - yet I always think of Joe (poor) Norton when
I hear it now.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:24 pm
I like Christmas music. Even when I worked in retail, I liked Christmas music. The Chipmunks were one of my faves, because I had a coworker who would belt it out with me whenever it came on, just to annoy our boss. 'Twas good holiday fun.

I love old versions of Christmas songs especially; you know, Bing Crosby, etc. Memories of grandma's house baking cookies. <sigh>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 04:35 pm
cyphercat wrote:
I like Christmas music. Even when I worked in retail, I liked Christmas music.

Seeing that you're experienced, answer me this question:

How many "romm pomm pomm pomm's" can a person can stand in a day then?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 05:02 pm
Reyn wrote:
cyphercat wrote:
I like Christmas music. Even when I worked in retail, I liked Christmas music.

Seeing that you're experienced, answer me this question:

How many "romm pomm pomm pomm's" can a person can stand in a day then?

Well, that's an interesting question.

Joe says there are fourteen songs, at three minutes each; figure an eight hour day; that's 42 minutes worth of songs and 480 minutes of work. So I think you'd hear each song about eleven times a day. Now just how many rom pom pom poms are there in the song?......Okay, I found the lyrics online and there appear to be 21 sets of rom pom pom poms. If you heard the song eleven times, that would be 231 rom poms.

Assuming the average worker makes it through the holiday season without snapping, we've established that the human body can withstand exposure to upwards of 231 rom pom pom pom's per day. Huh.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 08:05 pm
She like a numb3rs genius.

Joe(I'm usually okay until WinterWonderland plays the fifth time)Nation
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 08:11 pm
You could jab an icepick in each eardrum. Those things can heal over, but it should get you through the holidays.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 08:13 pm
I think we need to make Holly Jolly Christmas a theme song around these parts. Maybe get some screeching 4 year olds to join in on the singing.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 08:31 pm
A zombie version would be spectacular.

Seriously.

(Anyone here remember Tonto, Wolfman, and Frankenstein's monster singing carols on Saturday Night Live?)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:16 pm
Sturgis wrote:
I think we need to make Holly Jolly Christmas a theme song around these parts. Maybe get some screeching 4 year olds to join in on the singing.

LOCAL MAN FOUND DEAD
NYT9/20/2006
Police announced today that the body of the man known as Sturgis was found brutally murdered in a back ally of his neighborhood. A music sheet for a popular seasonal song was found stuffed in his mouth and ears. Officers refused to confirm the name of the song but other sources at the scene revealed that it was "Holly Jolly Christmas" a perennial favorite. An ice pick was discovered nearby wiped clean of any fingerprints. Police are asking anyone with information to contact the local precinct.

Joe(I dunno know nuthin 'bout no icepick)Nation
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:34 pm
Well Joe, if you move about two hours north you can hear endless loops of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" with the added bonus of the hillbilly locals singing and whistling along. It's just part of the reason I stay away from stores this time of year.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:03 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Joe says there are fourteen songs, at three minutes each; figure an eight hour day; that's 42 minutes worth of songs and 480 minutes of work. So I think you'd hear each song about eleven times a day. Now just how many rom pom pom poms are there in the song?......Okay, I found the lyrics online and there appear to be 21 sets of rom pom pom poms. If you heard the song eleven times, that would be 231 rom poms.

Assuming the average worker makes it through the holiday season without snapping, we've established that the human body can withstand exposure to upwards of 231 rom pom pom pom's per day. Huh.

[Reyn's jaw drops open in awe of cypher's mathematical prowess]

Now, could you please figure out the square root of that to the 15th decimal point please?

My calculator seems to be broken. :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:08 pm
Aww, twasn't nuthin, jist some Higher Math-uh-mutismatics I larnt in school. Don't feel bad, not ever'body can do it.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:28 pm
I'm dreamimg of a white Christmas....just like the ones I used to know.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 10:31:49