Should I take this apartment?

kickycan

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:36 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
kickycan wrote:
McDonald's is right next door.

You had that listed as a "pro"?

Good lord, man.

Yes, I know it's an evil grist-mill, but I love quarter-pounders. I can't resist!!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:37 pm
Quote:
I know all about the dead of winter apartment hunting trick. That's exactly why I've stepped up my search lately. Winter ain't over though, Joe! I still might have a chance to find a smoking deal!

Making sure to talk to everyone about finding a place, some ONE knows SOMEone and will get you that absolutly perfect apartment. (even if you have to roommate with the two wrestlers, it SO close to Times Square)

Joe(I'm asking everyone I know)Nation
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:38 pm
There was a recent report out about how the poor folk are now moving to the suburbs and the rich are taking over the cities.

These things seem to go in cycles don't they?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:39 pm
Joe, why don't you swap places with kicky?

That would add a certain sense of excitement to the whole deal.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:44 pm
I asked my wife about it.

She said she would be okay with him bringing his furniture but he would have to stupht her the same "once in the morning, twice at night" as I do.

Joe(oh. and massages, lots of massages)Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:45 pm
Dammit, now Joe is making me think I f*cked up by not taking the place.

No, it was too small. Yeah, I did the right thing. Yep. Yes. I did the right thing.

I think.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:47 pm
You DID the right thing.

You keep looking.

The market is a little extra soft with the winter coming on.

Maybe some people will get fired at Christmas and you can take their apartment in January.

Joe(you can only hope)Nation
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:49 pm
(trots off to place that kicky just passed up to close the deal...)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:53 pm
Yeah, well, we are coming over this Friday night about midnight with two cases of beer and a couple fifths of tequila and we are going to help you paint the place.

Joe(we are excellent painters. Order three pizzas, no onions)Nation
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 08:54 pm
When I told the girl that I had changed my mind, she started talking about how this apartment must be "cursed." I don't know what exactly she meant by that, and it was probably just that she was upset that nobody took it the first day it was on the market, but I have decided to believe that she was saying that because there are a whole bunch of really horrible things about the apartment that I am not aware of, and that I narrowly dodged a bullet by deciding to pass on it.

So good luck in the cursed apartment, Stray Cat!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:00 pm
Quote:
So good luck in the cursed apartment, Stray Cat!

Baby, that kind of stuff doesn't scare me. Cursed.....that's the most ridiculous thing I ever ...... AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! (CRASH!! BOOM!! SPLAT! TINKLE TINKLE TINKLE)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:00 pm
See! Things always seem to have the best result.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:08 pm
Laughing

Thanks everybody for the advice/comments.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:10 pm
kickycan wrote:
Laughing

It's what we live for.

PS Read "Fast Food Nation" and you will never eat another McDeath burger again.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:22 pm
When I got to New York a friend of ours volunteered to take me around looking for a place. The first place we went was her apartment. She said as we got off the elevator "Don't get excited."

She was living on Fifth Ave in the Fifties with five (count'em five) other girls. They were all either actresses or models or designers or waitresses or a combination of all four and the the PLACE WAS H U G E..... it had a sunken living room and a huge kitchen which was never used because none of the women, my friend included, could cook. There were three gigantic curtains crisscrossing the living/dining room, partitioning therm into three rooms which the roommates had fully furnished with futons and thousands of pillows.

Strewn across the various living spaces were clothes, nightclothes and boyfriends, either asleep or sullenly trying to pick out a tune on an unplugged electric guitar.

We sat and read the Village Voice ads before heading out to see the apartments listed under NO FEE APARTMENTS eating bagels from across the street and drinking cheap Greek deli coffee. There was music on the stereo, some kind of Euro-Africo Electronica hum hum shebang shebang.

One of the roommates barged in at eleven-thirty in the morning screaming that she had only ten minutes, TEN, to get to the shoot uptown for the fukcing cover of some magazine. She stripped, ran to the bathroom, returned, found clothes somehow amongst the piles, and the throbbing music, and flew out the door.

I never got her name nor saw any cover with her on it.

I have compared every New York Apartment I've been in since to that one.

Joe(there's a place for us, somewhere a place for us, hold my hand and we're halfway there)Nation
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:38 pm
Quote:
She was living on Fifth Ave in the Fifties with five (count'em five) other girls. They were all either actresses or models or designers or waitresses or a combination of all four and the the PLACE WAS H U G E..... it had a sunken living room and a huge kitchen which was never used because none of the women, my friend included, could cook. There were three gigantic curtains crisscrossing the living/dining room, partitioning therm into three rooms which the roommates had fully furnished with futons and thousands of pillows.

That would have been a dream come true for kicky.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:41 pm
Green Witch wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Laughing

It's what we live for.

PS Read "Fast Food Nation" and you will never eat another McDeath burger again.

I have been avoiding that movie for that very reason.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:53 pm
Skip the movie, read the book. The movie has a sensationalist quality that I don't think really works. The book just deals with the facts and you don't have to actually see the slaughterhouses.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:00 pm
Ok. So it's got to be Manhattan. I'll keep my ears open.

If the move didn't feel right, then you did the right thing. Too small is too small. It's that simple.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 04:08 am
I'm pissed that you didnt even consider the suggestion I made. Its heaps nicer, its cheaper, got views,

commute would be a bugger but you cant have everything.

Maccas is over an hours drive away.... gus are you perchance shopping for a new hovel?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 04:37:41