Best Free Website Creator/Host

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:54 pm
If it's on the same computer I'm not sure it will work. If you'd like me to test it, I can.

So far none of this stuff has failed me and I've done pretty extensive bells and whistles, so I'd be inclined to think it works if you disallowed everything, updated, AND published (that last one might be what got you...)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 06:54 pm
This is a pretty awesome site I have to say.

Thanks!!!!!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 07:58 pm
I was gonna answer "Craven de Kere", but then I noticed it was a different kind of question.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:11 pm
fbaezer!

How in the heck are you?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:40 pm
:-)

Happy to help, Bella. They also have really good tutorials and FAQ section, that's how I learned this stuff. But now that I know it (and I keep tweaking my site and finding new goodies), happy to share if it's useful.

Have fun!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:03 am
Wow, SiteKreator is too good. Thank you, Sozobe.

But, I seem to have a problem. I know it's something I am not able to figure out. I can't see a T icon, as shown in the tutorials. How do I add the text now?

Hmm,any suggestions?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:07 am
Spidergal,

I'm working with SiteKreator also.

You have to create a new page using the P icon then on that new page an A icon appears to add objects to the page. You select from text and image, image gallery and one other I can't remember off the top. Select Text and image.

You can then place your text and image on the page and then update it.

If you want to edit something already on the page, you'll find the T icon above the text. Select from there what you wish to do, delete, duplicate, edit or change properties.

The A icon appears in the upper right corner of the page and enables you to add text. The T icon appears on the left side above the text already on the page and enables you to edit text.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:10 am
Butr,

Thank you, that was quick. I'll follow your instructions now.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:12 am
Okay, I want to add text to the main page. Can't locate the A icon which contains T as a sub-icon. ????
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:32 am
Have you found the A icon? If so, click on it then click on Add. That brings up a selection of text/image, image gallery and one other thing. Click on text/image.

That opens a screen for you to add your text and images.

You then save what you added.

If you want to go back and edit what was added, you use the T icon and select one of the choices to either duplicate the text already added, delete the text or edit the text or text properties such as font sizes and formatting.

You use the A to add things to the page. You use the T to edit text already on the page.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:43 am
Butr, I found it, pal!

Sorry for the trouble, I didn't extend my screen to the right - the A icon was lying over to that side.

On to sitekreator, now.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:47 am
BBB
Butrflynet prepared a blog site for me for a Christmas present at the provider site she mentioned.

BBB
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:51 am
No problem, Spidergal. Give a yell if you need more help. I've created over 150 pages there and can do it in my sleep now. Laughing
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:01 pm
Awesome!

I never ever really saw anyone with a SiteKreator. And I didn't find them while searching for free web hosts almost a year ago. How can that be?

And joy, it's all free!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:29 pm
bookmarking...........
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:58 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I am going in as a regular person.

Bella is a seemingly inexhaustible source of sig lines.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:59 pm
So..... if I have started a page, published it. How do I get the link without the 'admin' in it? Soz says she can't see my page because of the 'admin' in the url. can it just be taken out? How do I see my site as others would see it?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 10:29 pm
So..... if I have started a page, published it. How do I get the link without the 'admin' in it? Soz says she can't see my page because of the 'admin' in the url. can it just be taken out? How do I see my site as others would see it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 08:53 am
Lots of ways...

You can go up to the address bar, erase the "admin" yourself, and then copy and paste what's left.

You can just use this formula:

http://sitekreator.com/yourusername

where you replace "yourusername" with the actual name you're using.

Well, those are the two best ways.

I got to your actual site (big picture and all) by erasing "admin" from the link you gave me.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 08:59 am
bm
0 Replies