Grade Level Achievement Reporting

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 02:48 am
We have a mandate to fulfill GLAR this year, which means that we have to establish whether or not a student is "at grade level"-- and if not, determine at what grade level they are achieving.

Anyone doing anything like this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 870 • Replies: 3
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 05:17 pm
What state?
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 07:21 pm
I'm pretty sure we are all in a similar boat no matter what state. With No Child Left Behind requiring every state to prove Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), many different assessment methods are being used across the country to prove this growth. In the district I teach in, we use not only the state assessment, but also Measures of Academic Progress ( MAP) testing. We spend a full three weeks a year testing students. For those students who may not be making AYP, we throw in a few more tests, just to keep checking up on them. It's a pretty sad situation our government has put us in.......
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 01:46 pm
When I was in elementary school (1953-1961), we took semi-annual (January and June) "achievement tests," which measured whether or not we were on grade level in at least reading comprehension. As long ago as this was, the tests were machine scored and the results were given to us in the form of bar charts that measured our score against a standard. Everyone who was at least a semester (the increments were in semesters) above grade level was very proud, although the tests were meant just for the student and the student's parents and the classroom teacher.
0 Replies