patiodog

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 08:10 am
[size=7]
(please excuse my bm)[/size]
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 08:24 am
Okay, here's a real rant for ya.

Long story short, one of my sisters, the one just below me in birth order, has had her share of problems. Drugs, jail, hasn't seen her daughter in several years due to this, and she comes up with some whopper lies to try to rationalize her behavior.

So, it's been a while since I've seen her. She claims she has gotten her life back together and is doing great and has met this wonderful guy. Claims he is her soul mate, THE ONE, etc. Turns out she just met him at Thanksgiving.

She's coming to our area (from another state) for a couple of days to see him and since he lives close by could we get together for dinner. I agree. The kids LOVE Aunt L and think she's a riot. They are very excited to see her.

At dinner she goes on and on about "I want you to meet my soul mate" and Isn't he the best? He really is the one." We go to the dessert bar together and I mention maybe not saying all of that in front of him cause it might scare him away, maybe slow down a bit since they really just met. She says no, he says the same thing about her, so it's okay. Fine. I drop it.

So, back at the table, L starts in on stories from our younger days. She has the strangest recollection of events. She claims I told her to try some special punch at a frat party when she was 15 and visited me at college. She says I was mad and jealous of her because she got so drunk my boyfriend had to carry her back to my dorm room. Can you believe your Mom was giving me alcohol when I was 15? The kids and Bear chime in...

Yeah, I was mad. She coulda killed herself drinking everclear. She puked all over my room. She messed up our plans for the next day with her hangover. I was mad, but certainly not jealous that my 21 year old boyfriend might be stolen from me by my 15 year old drunken sister.

Okay, so I'm thinking about all this as well as other aspects of our conversation during the evening and I am

1) not thrilled that she would tell her twisted version of some events (there were others as well) to my children and make it sound like I was someone I'm not.

2) confused by her versions and where they came from. She does a lot of twisting things to make it someone elses fault and deny responsibility for her life path, but this time she seemed to believe herself. At least in the past I could see a glimmer of her knowing what she was saying wasn't true.

3) somewhat disgusted that she's almost 40 and can't seem to get her life in any better order or have any higher thinking skills or in general be more mature.

4) very disgusted that she told me Monday she had a job working at Some Place, and on Thursday when we met for dinner, she had lost that job because the boss didn't make her check out right and claimed this and that and he ... Always someone elses fault she can't hold a job. Long history of that!

My general philosophy is that we all have to live our own lives, learn our own lessons. But, gawd, I wanna shake the **** outta her!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 08:46 am
I was an only Bear and missed out on a lot of drama.....

dinner was good though Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 10:52 am
If I did a rant on my siblings, it would require a whole thread of its own. Don't have time or energy to go there.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 10:59 am
Edgar, same here. I'm one of nine. This was just the most recent incident.

I used to dream about being from a "normal" family. Then I found out there is no such thing. Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 11:00 am
Rants are good... but mine aren't the kind to pull out in company.

Here's one I can share: We've all been sick for weeks now. Stomach flu, then opportunistic sinus and ear infections. T's having asthma trouble on top of all of this.

Yaya and I are mostly better, except for a lingering cough, but T and Keetah are still in the latter stages.

Ugh.

I may have to get a plastic bubble to put around the house.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 11:06 am
{{{{DrewDad family}}}}
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 01:38 pm
dlowan wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
My rant is, I have nothing to rant about. I live in eternal bliss.

Reyn wrote:
It's the heat, right?

Wrong. But you ARE succinct.

hehe, Actually, I was referring to dys' eternal bliss, but should have quoted him.

BUT, now that you mention it, it is summer down in Aussie land right about now.......... <......many elipses Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 01:43 pm
patiodog wrote:
[size=7]

Yeah, use the toilet next time. Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 01:56 pm
Here's another rant:

Everytime I see the title to this thread I see "Weird Pants To Help Keep You Sane!"

Totally throws off my reading comprehension as I scan down the left hand side of the "New Posts" page.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 02:14 pm
Prolly belongs on the other rant page (what made you grimace et al.) but... whatever.

1) F'ing holiday season. Went to one of the superstores to pick up an ironing board yesterday (they were out of them, by the way; super my balls). Entire back half of the store where all the pointless plastic crap is was just jam-packed with the fertile and fecund racking up revolving debt to buy **** made by children in Malaysia so that their children might be entertained for two days after Christmas or choke to death on some small piece of broken plastic. And, of course, because these people are the recently bred, they've no respect for traffic patterns, for occlusion of aisles, or for silencing their bleating broods for the sake and sanity of those of us who prefer a silent and nonprocreative way of living. And did I mention they didn't have any f'ing ironing boards?

2) What's the deal with people you barely know feeling the need to keep up idle chitchat about how you look different than they remember you (or whatever)? Why can't people make initial contact, assess common ground, and, having not found any, move on or stand in silence? For the love of God, every moment does not have to be filled with inane chatter. There is beauty in silence, and sometimes when you're not busy trying to fill time something might actually happen that is worthy of remark.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 02:16 pm
squinney wrote:
Here's another rant:

Everytime I see the title to this thread I see "Weird Pants To Help Keep You Sane!"

Totally throws off my reading comprehension as I scan down the left hand side of the "New Posts" page.

You're turning into a Bear, aren't you?

patiodog wrote:
[size=7]

Oh no, not again.

DrewDad wrote:
Rants are good... but mine aren't the kind to pull out in company.

Here's one I can share: We've all been sick for weeks now. Stomach flu, then opportunistic sinus and ear infections. T's having asthma trouble on top of all of this.

Yaya and I are mostly better, except for a lingering cough, but T and Keetah are still in the latter stages.

Ugh.

I may have to get a plastic bubble to put around the house.

Ow! I am hoping you have a plastic bubble around your COMPUTER!

squinney wrote:
Okay, here's a real rant for ya.

Long story short, one of my sisters, the one just below me in birth order, has had her share of problems. Drugs, jail, hasn't seen her daughter in several years due to this, and she comes up with some whopper lies to try to rationalize her behavior...........

.............But, gawd, I wanna shake the **** outta her!

Oh dear.

One of NINE! Wow.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 02:30 pm
patiodog wrote:
Prolly belongs on the other rant page (what made you grimace et al.) but... whatever.

1) F'ing holiday season. Went to one of the superstores to pick up an ironing board yesterday (they were out of them, by the way; super my balls). Entire back half of the store where all the pointless plastic crap is was just jam-packed with the fertile and fecund racking up revolving debt to buy **** made by children in Malaysia so that their children might be entertained for two days after Christmas or choke to death on some small piece of broken plastic. And, of course, because these people are the recently bred, they've no respect for traffic patterns, for occlusion of aisles, or for silencing their bleating broods for the sake and sanity of those of us who prefer a silent and nonprocreative way of living. And did I mention they didn't have any f'ing ironing boards?

2) What's the deal with people you barely know feeling the need to keep up idle chitchat about how you look different than they remember you (or whatever)? Why can't people make initial contact, assess common ground, and, having not found any, move on or stand in silence? For the love of God, every moment does not have to be filled with inane chatter. There is beauty in silence, and sometimes when you're not busy trying to fill time something might actually happen that is worthy of remark.

Now...THAT'S what I call a rant!

This:

"jam-packed with the fertile and fecund racking up revolving debt to buy **** made by children in Malaysia so that their children might be entertained for two days after Christmas or choke to death on some small piece of broken plastic."

is wonderful!

And rhapsodizing in an almost Wordsworthian manner in the plastics section of a supermarket!

When in hell does an ironing board ever wear out, by the way?

I still have Bernadette's mother's, which must be a good forty years old.

You're feckless, Patio...feckless.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 03:24 pm
Yeah, well, feck you too. (Have to go look that up, I will.)

Ironing boards don't wear out. I've just managed to get through my first 31 years without feeling the need to purchase one.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 03:25 pm
Quote:
feck·less /ˈfɛklɪs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fek-lis] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-adjective 1. ineffective; incompetent; futile: feckless attempts to repair the plumbing.
2. having no sense of responsibility; indifferent; lazy.

I hope you mean the second definition.

Not that the first doesn't apply.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 04:58 pm
patiodog wrote:

I'm with ya there p/dog....on both counts.

Are you sure you're not Australian?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:41:52