Weird Rants To Help Keep You Sane!

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:11 pm
I don't know about anyone else, but the last few months have been a pain in the bum for me, and I desperately need a break, and I am getting pissed aff and snarky about stuff that doesn't usually bother me.

I need a rant space! And, most of all a weird rant space, a space to air dumb grievances that I am, frankly, ashamed of.

Here is one.

I have a very dear friend of long years' standing.

Given that she was also my boss for many years, (and she was in that job for maybe three years when she was unable to function anywhere near normally because of personal and workplace trauma, and I was one of the people who had to keep picking up problems because she was unable to see what was happening) as you can imagine, there has been a bit of mutual burr under the saddle stuff over the years, which sometimes adds a bit of extra angst to interactions.

Well (here is the dumb, shame making rant)...we were just speaking on the phone about christmas plans.

I was quite concerned when she began to speak, because she sounded so flat, but when I asked, she said no, she is just deliberately slowing down her speech and thinking in order to keep from getting wound up...she finds it helps.

I am sure it does...often internals follow external cues.

Thing is, people who talk and think slowly DRIVE ME NUTS!!!!!

This is partly because I do both fairly fast....because that is natural to me, and because I am usually fairly hyped.

In the course of this conversation I went from reasonably calm to utterly manic, because I sped up in direct, and possibly geometric ratio, to how slow my friend was being.

But, in order to avoid stressing her (she has had an awful few years, and I do not want to do that) I had to deliberately slow myself down as well, otherwise I would have ended up sounding like the chipmunks!!!!!! (I know it would have stressed her if I had kept speeding up)

So.....here I am building up a completely unwarranted and nutso head of frustration and desperation, while having to keep a lid on it, and act at snail's pace.

Now I am unreasonably pissed off and frustrated as hell and manic as all get out.

Please tell me someone understands.

And please, will others post similar ridiculous rants?

I promise to understand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,375 • Replies: 221
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:19 pm
Re: Weird Rants To Help Keep You Sane!
dlowan wrote:

I know, I know ...

If they're really slow in spitting it out, at my worst, I'll finish their sentences for them!

Very bad & cranky of me!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:23 pm
Re: Weird Rants To Help Keep You Sane!
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I know, I know ...

If they're really slow in spitting it out, at my worst, I'll finish their sentences for them!

Very bad & cranky of me!

I try so hard to avoid that, but I sometimes fail.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:27 pm
Yes. The remorse just isn't worth it, is it?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:27 pm
Ooooohhhhh, I have so many threads to rant on! And, rant I do!

Sounds like these last few months/weeks have been crappy for just about everyone!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:34 pm
littlek wrote:
Ooooohhhhh, I have so many threads to rant on! And, rant I do!

Sounds like these last few months/weeks have been crappy for just about everyone!

I'll drink to that.

(If I could afford it after my car repairs!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:52 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:00 pm
My rant is, I think and speak slowly. People rudely cut me off and finish my sentences for me. Trouble is, their endings are so different than what I intended, I find it necessary to slow the conversation even more, to correct the impatient person's conclusion-jumping. I find that I and such persons tend to avoid speaking when possible. Much less stressful.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:07 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
My rant is, I think and speak slowly. People rudely cut me off and finish my sentences for me. Trouble is, their endings are so different than what I intended, I find it necessary to slow the conversation even more, to correct the impatient person's conclusion-jumping. I find that I and such persons tend to avoid speaking when possible. Much less stressful.

Slow bastid!!!!

Why SHOULD we let you talk?

:wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:14 pm
Kiss my - - -
Lol.
Laughing
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:25 pm
Go hit something brer rabbit.

Find a gym with a heavy bag and hit that sucker till you cant stand up! Then have a long hot? bath with smelly girly stuff in it.

Consider whether putting on nice shoes a slinky black dress (no knickers) and allowing some edible looking man to pick you up in a bar what you need.
(i think not, but breaking out is ok once or twice a year is OK, your a rabbit after all).
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:33 pm
Ellipsis, these little things {...} that I use constantly, drive some people insane. I've always written this way, as well as spoken in the same manor...sort of.

My daughter is 15, naturally she is often wound up, worse when she is trying to tell me an exciting story to which I usually reply something along the lines of...For the love of God, would you please speak southern!

John Moschitta doing his thing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK5ZjtpO-M
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:33 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Kiss my - - -
Lol.
Laughing

I did.

You're so slow you missed it.

dadpad wrote:
Go hit something brer rabbit.

Find a gym with a heavy bag and hit that sucker till you cant stand up! Then have a long hot? bath with smelly girly stuff in it.

Consider whether putting on nice shoes a slinky black dress (no knickers) and allowing some edible looking man to pick you up in a bar what you need.
(i think not, but breaking out is ok once or twice a year is OK, your a rabbit after all).

Hmmmm...exactly whose need to break out are we dealing with here?

Laughing

And I ain't no Br'er nuttin'.

I woud like to hit something, though.

You're a mite slow right now, aren't you?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:35 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
Ellipsis, these little things {...} that I use constantly, drive some people insane. I've always written this way, as well as spoken in the same manor...sort of.

My daughter is 15, naturally she is often wound up, worse when she is trying to tell me an exciting story to which I usually reply something along the lines of...For the love of God, would you please speak southern!

John Moschitta doing his thing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK5ZjtpO-M

So...do you drive yourself nuts with the ellipses?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:42 pm
Quote:

Reckon you could catch me? If you try I'll beat you with my crutch! Shocked
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:44 pm
Nah, actually I would go nuts without them...

Hello, my name is Stephen and I'm an ellipsis addict, it's been four days since I stopped abusing the period key on my keyboard.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:45 pm
grits.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:03 pm
Dumb grievance that I am ashamed of.

My old friend, whose temper can outmatch mine and is much more consistent, becoming buttery soft and sentimental around the Holidays.

Yes, it's great she's happy and mellow. Yes, I love that she includes me and helps me with the shopping and general insanity that comes with this time of year. Without her, all would probably get batteries for their other presents.

Still, I find my nerves fraying to little bits n pieces and longing for a ciggie after the eighth chorus of "Oh, this is my favorite time of year. Oh, remember the year we...? Oh that was so great! Oh, I need to get this and this, and then we need to go here and there and then we need to get special coffees and..."

Kill me. Kill me now. My holiday cheer drains down to wanting nothing more than a good lay down with my main man, large quantities of wine, and a deletion of this entire Christmas business.

Of course, what would Christmas be though without bitching? It's as much a part of the tradition as eggnog.

I love her dearly, but really want to strangle her Rockwell moments right out of her. I'll frown if I wanna frown dammit!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:16 pm
dadpad wrote:
Quote:

Reckon you could catch me? If you try I'll beat you with my crutch! Shocked

I eat crutches to keep my teeth nice.

2PacksAday wrote:
Nah, actually I would go nuts without them...

Hello, my name is Stephen and I'm an ellipsis addict, it's been four days since I stopped abusing the period key on my keyboard.

So...you've, like...missed a period?

Shocked

edgarblythe wrote:
grits.

Really? I just kissed it, I didn't eat it, but I believe you. Thought of washing it?

flushd wrote:
Dumb grievance that I am ashamed of.

My old friend, whose temper can outmatch mine and is much more consistent, becoming buttery soft and sentimental around the Holidays.

Yes, it's great she's happy and mellow. Yes, I love that she includes me and helps me with the shopping and general insanity that comes with this time of year. Without her, all would probably get batteries for their other presents.

Still, I find my nerves fraying to little bits n pieces and longing for a ciggie after the eighth chorus of "Oh, this is my favorite time of year. Oh, remember the year we...? Oh that was so great! Oh, I need to get this and this, and then we need to go here and there and then we need to get special coffees and..."

Kill me. Kill me now. My holiday cheer drains down to wanting nothing more than a good lay down with my main man, large quantities of wine, and a deletion of this entire Christmas business.

Of course, what would Christmas be though without bitching? It's as much a part of the tradition as eggnog.

I love her dearly, but really want to strangle her Rockwell moments right out of her. I'll frown if I wanna frown dammit!

Heh heh heh.

So, kill her.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:49 pm
My rant is, I have nothing to rant about. I live in eternal bliss.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Weird Rants To Help Keep You Sane!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:24:05