What is the reason behind Islam's rapid spread?

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:59 am
Yeah, but celebs find God everywhere these days in all sorts of forms. Hell if we are going by celbrities, it would seem that the body thetans have been activatd in Hollywood and Scientology is the fastes growing "alternative to pychology" in the world!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 12:07 pm
Grandmaster, If your trust in Islam is so great, it doesn't speak well about the sectarian violence in their world, and how they can agree on anything resembling "the growth of Islam" while they kill each other off.

I'll depend on the biased christian stats.
0 Replies

Grandmaster

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 12:47 pm
Iraqi sacratarian violence has been fuelled by US invasion and propagandas that divided them....

you may believe in Christian source, thats your choice...... I will let the caveman be a caveman.

any rational person can see Islam's phenomenal growth in recent years.

Thus, I will depend on CNN and BBC that jealous Priest's stats.

:wink:
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 12:52 pm
You've cited no statistics, provided no evidence, Grandmaster, you've merely echoed claims, claims presented without substantiation. Of course, that's all any religionist can do.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:54 pm
Grandmaster, Not understanding Iraq history is no excuse for ignorance. The sectarian violence in Iraq is over 1300 years old. The US war in iraq started in 2003. You need to use the FART button more often (shown above).
0 Replies

Grandmaster

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 01:58 am
@ timberlndko, well... I would say even a religionist is more rational than someone who blindly believes in fabricated statistics made by Christians evangelists to promote their case. Denial of truth never helps; Islam is indeed the fastest growing religion.

@ imposter, I think you need to go back to history books since you tend to 'make up' history, just because you fail to understand the real reason behind the Iraqi crises. Sacratarian violence might have existed in Iraq for a very long time but I don't remember 50 people dying every single day. It escalated only after the US invasion of Iraq...
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 08:04 am
Grandmaster wrote:
@ timberlndko, well... I would say even a religionist is more rational than someone who blindly believes in fabricated statistics made by Christians evangelists to promote their case. Denial of truth never helps; Islam is indeed the fastest growing religion.

@ imposter, I think you need to go back to history books since you tend to 'make up' history, just because you fail to understand the real reason behind the Iraqi crises. Sacratarian violence might have existed in Iraq for a very long time but I don't remember 50 people dying every single day. It escalated only after the US invasion of Iraq...

Anyone heard of bloodshed in Ireland: You know Protestants versus Catholics?
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 08:11 am
Re: What is the reason behind Islam's rapid spread?
WarEagle wrote:
It's very much established that Islam is rapidly growing and maybe the fastest.

So, why is this? Was it because the Byzantine/Persian empires were weak and the Islamic armies were nomads, giving them an edge on survival in any environment, basically saying the Islam spread "by the sword"? Or was it because Islamic generals were good politicans and their religion spiritually appealed to many?

I would like to know how Islam came to spread so fast, not how it's spreading right now.

No offense is intended to Islam and all other institutions that possibly grew mainly by force. History is what it is. Thanks. Smile

Back to the point at hand.
just like all the Abrahmic faiths, the Greatness of the message always wins.
The majority of the Land was Pagan, Christian and Jewish.
The Christians were waiting for the coming of the next prophet as foretold in their scriptures
Pagans realised the futility of worshiping stone and wood.
It is said that when people heard the beauty of the Quran being recited they reverted immediately
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 08:17 am
Here are some books written by westerners on tha false claim that Islam was spread by the sword.

Sir Thomas W. Arnold in his book, "The Preaching of Islam".
Marshall G. Hodgson in his book, "The Venture of Islam"
Albert Hourani in his book, "A History of the Arab People"
Ira Lapidus in his book, "History of Islamic Societies"
L.S. Starorianos in his book, "A Global Hisotry, the Human Heritage"
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:06 am
Grandmaster wrote:

You dispute the validity of the cited statistics, yet neither do you you offer objective basis for your dispute nor do you present statistics in support of your claim. Your claim has been challenged and credible, objective evidence countering your claim has been introduced. Your manner of response works to the detriment of your credibility in the matter and serves further to confirm the charges laid against your claim. One more time here - I do not say your claim is invalid, I say the available evidence is counter to your claim and that no evidence in support of your claim has been presented. You are challenged not to repeat your claim but rather to support your claim and to demonstrate that the evidence presented against your claim be in error. This you have not done; you merely repeat your claim. You are throwing a child's emotional tantrum, not presenting a mature, reasoned argument.

Abid wrote:
Anyone heard of bloodshed in Ireland: You know Protestants versus Catholics?

Straw man - and a proposition clearly at odds with fact, offered in and demonstrating complete ignorance of actual circumstance. The violence in Ireland does not involve, never has involved, any matter of faith. The sectarian aspect - Catholic vs Protestant - is an accident of geopolitics; the Northern Counties are "Protestant" solely by virtue of being under Crown dominion, they are "British" and hence "Protestant". The remainder of Ireland, the sovereign nation of Eire, nominally Catholic, is independent of British rule. The unrest is a matter of civil rights, not conflict between religious constructs. It might as well be - in fact often is - characterized as Orange, or Loyalist (in reference to the British Crown), vs Green (in reference to the flag of Eire), or Separatist (referencing independence from British rule). At issue is not sectarian principle, it is not about "Faith", the conflict there is wholly secular, it is strictly politico-economic.
0 Replies

Grandmaster

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 12:59 pm
Abid wrote:
Here are some books written by westerners on tha false claim that Islam was spread by the sword.

Sir Thomas W. Arnold in his book, "The Preaching of Islam".
Marshall G. Hodgson in his book, "The Venture of Islam"
Albert Hourani in his book, "A History of the Arab People"
Ira Lapidus in his book, "History of Islamic Societies"
L.S. Starorianos in his book, "A Global Hisotry, the Human Heritage"

I couldn't say it in a better way!!!!!!!

:wink:
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 04:50 am
Re: What is the reason behind Islam's rapid spread?
WarEagle wrote:
It's very much established that Islam is rapidly growing and maybe the fastest.

So, why is this? Was it because the Byzantine/Persian empires were weak and the Islamic armies were nomads, giving them an edge on survival in any environment, basically saying the Islam spread "by the sword"? Or was it because Islamic generals were good politicans and their religion spiritually appealed to many?

I would like to know how Islam came to spread so fast, not how it's spreading right now.

No offense is intended to Islam and all other institutions that possibly grew mainly by force. History is what it is. Thanks. Smile

It's indeed interesting that, while "Muslim Countries" are not strong and Islam is attacked everywhere in the world, Islam is still the fastest growing religion. Strange? Not really...

When a religion is the Truth itself, one should not be surprised at the scope of its propagation.
Who enters Islam? Poor people only? No, the rich also. Men only? No, there are more female reverts than male. The Arabs only, who may understand better the Holy Qur'an? No, most Muslims are Non Arabs.

The greatness of Islam is that it establishes the universal brotherhood under One and a Unique God. "O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. " [The Qur'an 49:13]

Was Islam spread by the sword? The sword indeed helps the unbelievers know the truth, the sword eliminates the barriers between a muslim and a non muslim so that the first can freely deliver God's Message to the latter. However, it was the inherent force of truth, reason and logic that was mainly responsible for the rapid spread of Islam.
Today, the biggest gathering of Muslims in one country is: Indonesia. Can you tell me which Muslim Army went there?
And, What makes many people in Europe and North America revert to Islam?

It is the sword of intellect. The sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people...

And Allah knows best.
0 Replies

Grandmaster

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 08:48 am
yes Indonesia...

Also, there are 60 million Muslims in communist China, which was previously occupied by France once upon a time. No muslim army had ever entered China....

Still Islam is growing, even in China...
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 08:49 am
Grandmaster wrote:
yes Indonesia...

Also, there are 60 million Muslims in communist China, which was previously occupied by France once upon a time. No muslim army had ever entered China....

Still Islam is growing, even in China...

Alhamdolillah Rabiyal Alameen

'All praise and thnks is due to Allah, Lord of all that exists'
0 Replies