[answered] Avatar changing

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:45 pm
Several very nice people have attempted to help me change my avatar to the real me.

I have now found the picture that is the most recent of me alone, and I would like to try again.

Here is one recent attempt to help me:

"So, go to A2K and click the Profile link at the top of the page.

Scroll down to the bottom of the Profile page and you will see the section called Avatar Control Panel.

You want to use the part that says "Upload Avatar From Your Machine". At the end of that line, you will see a Browse button. Click it and find where your new avatar is stored. When you click it, a separate window will open prompting you to find the file. If you have it stored within My Documents or My Pictures, then look for that file. Then, within tat file, find your avatar. Click on your avatar and then clock Open on the window.

The file name for your avatar will be transferred to that line on A2k where you clicked Browse.

The last step is to click Submit at the bottom on the Profile page."

I don't see the option of Avatar Control panel, and I am still not certain if I should delete my old avatar first.

Can anyone help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,103 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:16 pm
Letty

I'm not going to be much help but at least can bump your thread to the top of the list. I've changed my avatar once and had to delete the old one before the new one would appear. (If that's any help.)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:18 pm
Go to your profile.

Scroll all the way to the bottom. Click "delete image" under your current avatar. Click submit. (I always have to delete it first or it won't take the new one.) Go back to your profile. Click browse. Select the image you want to use. Click submit.

Make sure it's the right specs or it won't take. There will be an error message if it's not the right specs. You can shrink it down in paint if you need to first.

Make sense?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:25 pm
The avatar control pane is written on a blue band down towards the bottom of the page.

Since this is a photo of your own, you'll have to put it on another site to get it sized correctly and to have the "address" end with the word jpeg.

You can do this by going to a site Reyn recommended,
http://www.picresize.com
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:31 pm
Thanks, osso, Tai, and Bella. I just got a message that if I follow the instructions, I will not have to delete my present avatar.

I have it sized correctly, and in my pictures. I will try again.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:56 pm
Odd, y'all. I know that my picture is sized correctly because a photographer did it for me, but the message was that it was too large for the space. I'll keep trying, and thanks again.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:02 pm
there's image size (90x100) and there's file size (less than 6kb)

make sure both are right
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:03 pm
Letty--

You have my sympathy.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:06 pm
Ok, dj. I'll try, Canada.

Noddy, I have my sympathy, too. Razz
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:45 pm
ok, I may have found the problem.

Here is the info on my picture:

67x101
Type-JPEG Image
9.73KB (that must be it)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:50 pm
If you'd post the pic to this thread, we could prolly sort ya out real quick.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:02 pm
Alas, Timber. I don't know how to do that. Rolling Eyes I know how to send it to individuals, but not here. Craven, in the past, could do it, but now he has no time nor resources. Not certain what that means.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:08 pm
Go to www.imageshack.us

• In the "upload" panel, the "file" option should be selected by default (the option box will have a dot in it) - make sure it does. Ignore the other options.
  • Locate the grey-ish "Browse ... " bar to the far right of that, and click it.
  • In the popup, navigate to and select the image on your machine you wanna use and click "Open"
  • The dialogue box should show the path and filename of your selected image. Click the "Host it!" bar down at the bottom of the upload panel.
  • In a few moments, a new page will appear. On that page, locate, toward the bottom, "Hotlink for forums (1)"
  • Right-click in the "Hotlink for forums (1)" dialogue box to highlight the text there, and select "copy"
  • Navigate back to this thread and paste that copied text - exactly as it was copied, nothing less, nothing extra, into a reply box and click "Submit"

I'll look at it, let you know if its OK and guie you from there, or if necessary I'll modify it to suit, post the modified version, and guide you from there.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:08 pm
Letty wrote:
Alas, Timber. I don't know how to do that. Rolling Eyes I know how to send it to individuals, but not here. Craven, in the past, could do it, but now he has no time nor resources. Not certain what that means.

Letty, email it to me, I can post it on the Realm, and then post it here.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:26 pm
Timber, I am not usually so scatterbrained, but recent events in my life prohibit me from following certain instructions. Thank you, however.

dlowan: done.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:31 pm
Crossing fingies:

http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/1/2310.jpg

Edit:

Yay!

And it is avatar sized!

TIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMBBBBEEEERRRRR!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:35 pm
I'll be damned, Deb. Now all I have to do is put a bunny in my avatar. Razz

Thanks, honey. I'll try again.

Many thanks to all of you for your help.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:50 pm
Hoorah! I did it. I tend to make things too difficult.

Many thanks to Reyn, Ragman, Timber, Deb, Calamity Jane, and all else who helped me.

http://www.montanamooseandco.com/Images/Products/60743.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:52 pm
Wonderful!

And quite a figure you cut, too!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:52 pm
You look wonderful!!!!!
0 Replies