[resolved] Problem with portal

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:24 pm
I remember that a long time ago we were asked to rate movies. Couldn't sleep last night, so I decided to rate some. I rated many, many movies, some that had been rated previously and others that had no rating. None of the ratings on the unrated movies registered. Not one! Not a major problem. I'm glad I noticed before I got to the Zs.

Thought somone might want to look into this in a free moment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 746 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:26 pm
Did you check after 24 hours had passed?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:34 pm
24 hours haven't passed yet, Jes. I'll check tonight. The ratings of movies that had already been rated registered almost immediately. I saw the numbers change and the little "updated" notice.

But I'll check for the unrated ones tonight. If they're there, I may get to the Zs--unless I start sleeping again.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I appreciate it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:28 am
This has nothing to do with A2K, but has to do with movie ratings. I belong to Blockbuster Online. One of the things that you can do on their website is rate the movies that you have seen. In fact, they use your ratings to reccommend other movies that they think you might like.

I am convinced that the customers of Blockbuster Online, are mostly teenagers. They have downrated a lot of movies that I consider fine films, and have given kudos to films that I would never watch.

I think that when you look at ratings, you need to know who rated the film.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:37 am
Roberta wrote:
24 hours haven't passed yet, Jes. I'll check tonight. The ratings of movies that had already been rated registered almost immediately. I saw the numbers change and the little "updated" notice.

But I'll check for the unrated ones tonight. If they're there, I may get to the Zs--unless I start sleeping again.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I appreciate it.

Hmm can you tell me a movie or 2 that you've rated and not seen a change? It's possible that it's a lot of votes, like Phoenix mentioned. Or the database hasn't been refreshed yet.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:03 am
In the words of the late, lamented Emily Latella (SNL), "Never mind." 24 hours have passed, and the ratings are posted.

Sorry I bothered you, Jes. Didn't know it needed time. Also thought they would all say "updated." Some do; some don't. Not a problem. The new ratings are there.

Phoenix, One of the reasons I got started was that I spotted a few ratings for superb movies that I thought were too low. Decided to see what I could do about upgrading some of them. Aside from the movies that weren't rated at all, I spent more time downgrading some overblown ratings, IMO. I'm a hard marker.
0 Replies