Whats belief got to do with it?

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 07:10 pm
Thank you. AND now back to the subject of the thread......

Anyone can celebrate with friends at Christmas or Hanukkah even if they aren't particularly moved by the more ethereal aspects of the holidays. amen.

(Even the language has changed that from Holy Day to holiday, so I feel comfortable with the small A on my amen.)

Christmas Eve we fly down to a little island on the Gulf coast to be with old friends, one a double survivor of ovarian cancer, others so long in the tooth that we never know who may not appear at dinner. All of them are inspirations to me, they love life, they hold on it, they celebrate the great glories and they celebrate how sweetly delicious the little bite of chocolate they are letting melt in their mouth is.

Every year I don't remember much of the ride back up the beach to where we are staying, my mind gets blinded by the simple joy of being with people so richly filled with humanity.

Joe(It keeps me alive for another year)Nation
0 Replies

acepilot

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 03:03 am
"Decorating trees" came from Germany by the way.

"Certain celebrations". American holidays didn't last thousands of years, heck neither has america lol. If that's what you mean by certain celebrations.

Who says you have to believe in it to join it? I don't believe partaking in the ritual of eating pizza will bring me true happiness, but I eat it anyways. Smile

He wasn't born in December, I forget exactly what month and such, not sure...

You just acknowledge that he was born, just so happens you do that in Decemember. I don't need a holiday or any day to tell me to realize the truth though. Valentine's Day is such a scan. Cost to much gosh darn money lol, oh it adds up over the years.
0 Replies

No ONE TRUE Religion

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:22 pm
Happy Chanukwansolstimas!!
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 05:40 pm
All christian holidays are pagan holidays usurped. Christianity has no true substance. It is a means to rule people. Whatever else it may have been in the beginning is lost, perverted, misinterpreted and neglected.
0 Replies

acepilot

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 01:32 am
Cyracuz wrote:
All christian holidays are pagan holidays usurped. Christianity has no true substance. It is a means to rule people. Whatever else it may have been in the beginning is lost, perverted, misinterpreted and neglected.

Christians have holidays!

Good golly miss molly who the heck forgot to tell me 'bout this. Wait, do they all suck or something?
0 Replies

acepilot

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 01:32 am
Cyracuz wrote:

Christians have holidays!

Good golly miss molly who the heck forgot to tell me 'bout this. Wait, do they all suck or something?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 07:02 pm
No, not all. Just the founding fathers. But no matter how high you stack sh!t, no matter how you dress it up, it will always be sh!t.
0 Replies

acepilot

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:06 pm
Same thing with Lies. If you have good perception Confused
0 Replies