What would you call my Philisophical and religous beliefs??

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 02:27 am
heres my beliefs

* Rejection of all religions based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
* Rejection of the claim that the Bible is the revealed word of God.
* Rejection of reports of miracles and prophecies.
* Rejection of religious "mysteries" such as the doctrines of transsubstantiation, the Trinity, the Incarnation, etc.
* Rejection of the Genesis story of creation and the doctrine of original sin.
* Rejection of Christianity.
- Rejection of the existance of the afterlife

* the creator exists and created the universe.
* We should all attempt to find the existance of a god/creator(natural theology)
* the creator should not be worshipped
* the creator does not interfere in the universe
- philosophy + religioun should be practices through freethought

when i started doing some research to see what my beliefs would be called i found out there is hundreds of different beliefs
some i agreed with partly, some not at all. its kinda hard, to find out what im catagorized under i think i need to ask other people, the closest was Deism, but some of there main points i totaly disagree with, and the word Deism represents a hole bunch of beliefs
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 749 • Replies: 12
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:41 am
I would suggest that you more or less believe in Reality.

I would exclude your second list except for the one line about free thought per person.

I always remember not to criticise the beliefs of anyone*, because I believe that people tend to believe in things they need (or put another way, they need what they believe in).

*I exclude those who deign to cause death or harm to innocent Joe and Jean.
0 Replies

Canadian420

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 02:05 am
ya thats another one that has a wide range of beliefs under the single word, i guess im just to damn unike, thats fine with me

im thinking about supporting a Humanist Association. they have good goals and idealogies, similer to mine
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 04:05 am
I'd call them sanity. Not enough of it around these days.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 05:52 am
Why is it necessary to pigeon hole yourself? You have a world view, based on your own beliefs and perceptions. IMO, it is not important to fall into one category or another.

I would call it, "Canadian420's religious beliefs"!
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 01:27 pm
I would call it a presumption of omniscience on your part.

You claim to be able to eliminate the possibility of the existence of several things.

You would need to be omniscient to know that they did not exist.

Are you?
0 Replies

Canadian420

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 01:54 pm
phoenix32890 - thats what i know figured out, having your own philosophy is what philosophy is pretty much based on.

real life - no i dont have complete knowladge and understanding of why i dont believe in certain things,
its the lack of complete knowladge and understading of the thing that makes me believe there not true. and the fact that the bible is complete giberish, and the old testiment is a very poorly written piece of fiction, that doesnt deserve any attention, not even the first read
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 01:56 pm
Hey there Canadian! I am a Buddhist. There's some Buddhism in what you are saying. Certainly not ALL of what you are saying though. If you want more info PM me.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 05:01 pm
real life wrote:
I would call it a presumption of omniscience on your part.

You claim to be able to eliminate the possibility of the existence of several things.

You would need to be omniscient to know that they did not exist.

Are you?

And when have you ever provided evidence of any of your claims you hypocritical f@cking loser?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:10 pm
Canadian420 wrote:

real life - no i dont have complete knowladge and understanding of why i dont believe in certain things,

Don't you think it's important to know why you do or don't believe something?

Canadian420 wrote:
its the lack of complete knowladge and understading of the thing that makes me believe there not true.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not true.

Canadian420 wrote:
and the fact that the bible is complete giberish,

The Bible is a complex work -- 40 different authors living on 3 different continents amid numerous varied cultures, written over a period of better than 2000 years , written in 3 languages .

Perhaps the reason you don't understand it is partly due to an absence of knowledge of the background and context in which it was written.

Canadian420 wrote:
and the old testiment is a very poorly written piece of fiction, that doesnt deserve any attention, not even the first read

See above.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 11:01 pm
Re: What would you call my Philisophical and religous belief
Canadian420 wrote:
heres my beliefs

* Rejection of all religions based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
* Rejection of the claim that the Bible is the revealed word of God.
* Rejection of reports of miracles and prophecies.
* Rejection of religious "mysteries" such as the doctrines of transsubstantiation, the Trinity, the Incarnation, etc.
* Rejection of the Genesis story of creation and the doctrine of original sin.
* Rejection of Christianity.
- Rejection of the existance of the afterlife

* the creator exists and created the universe.
* We should all attempt to find the existance of a god/creator(natural theology)
* the creator should not be worshipped
* the creator does not interfere in the universe
- philosophy + religioun should be practices through freethought

when i started doing some research to see what my beliefs would be called i found out there is hundreds of different beliefs
some i agreed with partly, some not at all. its kinda hard, to find out what im catagorized under i think i need to ask other people, the closest was Deism, but some of there main points i totaly disagree with, and the word Deism represents a hole bunch of beliefs

The Philosophical Beliefs of an Uninformed Madman. Any person who does have respect for who or what created them is a certified madman. How can you not worship who or what gave you life?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 11:38 pm
Anyone who can create in their own mind a divine creator is a certified madman. Mindonfire, you're friggin' lunatic. Either provide some evidence of this devine creator, or stick your head back up your arse and stop blowing smoke up everyone elses.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 09:43 pm
Wilso wrote:
Anyone who can create in their own mind a divine creator is a certified madman. Mindonfire, you're friggin' lunatic. Either provide some evidence of this devine creator, or stick your head back up your arse and stop blowing smoke up everyone elses.

LOL! Your evidence will soon arrive. Hold your horses. And when the Creator is revealed, you will realise how ignorant you really are.
0 Replies