I'm Hot ur not so deal with it

toogood18

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 03:57 pm
no i do that because i ............... want to Rolling Eyes . it isn't my fault all of the "big kids" want to pick on me because they wish they were young like me their just jealous but i won't worry
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 03:59 pm
As long as you're not worried, chica... :wink:
0 Replies

toogood18

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:02 pm
i'm starting to like u better than them other haters Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:03 pm
toogood18 wrote:
no i do that because i ............... want to Rolling Eyes . it isn't my fault all of the "big kids" want to pick on me because they wish they were young like me their just jealous but i won't worry

We were young.

But I never wrote or spoke like you. So, what does that say?
0 Replies

toogood18

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:07 pm
how would u know how i speak i can't make capital letters when i speak Rolling Eyes and i only write like this on the computer. i just got out of school not long ago i don't want to write right
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:07 pm
toogood18 wrote:
i'm starting to like u better than them other haters

Oooh, those guys are all gonna be absolutely sick with envy when they hear that!

I think you're fun, toogood, although I'm sure later on I'll be sorry I encouraged you... Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:08 pm
I sure hope someone "chooses" to hire you with your poor writing skills.

So your head won't explode from the attention, I'll let you know right up front too good, the following isn't particularly addressed to you, it's to the general community.

It's interesting, with the explosion of cell phones and text messaging, the skill of being able to write a simple sentence seems to have disappeared.

I don't text message, and I seldom write anything in long hand. However, there is always a feeling of the writing I do "looking right". You know, complete thoughts, being able to read something and knowing when to pause. If a word is misspelled, at least it's not an entirely different word with a different meaning than the one intended. That's why I ususally think it's a joke when someone writes a word like "dear" instead of "deer" or "bow" instead of "bough"

Does anyone have an opinion if this is the direct result of so many people text messaging? When I was a teen, if someone used 2 instead of "to" or r u or any of the other stuff, I'd have to stop for a second to figure out if they were even trying to say something, or were just making random characters.

Connected to that, my question I think is valid as to whether these same people realize that's not how to spell a word, or that punctuation is expected.
For those with kids, do they only take the time to do it right when they are being tested, or at school. It's almost like knowing a 2nd language.

Another thing I wonder is What exactly all these people are text messaging to someone else? If what is written here is an example of the messages being sent around, I'm scared.....If someone text messaged me continuously this meaningless drivel that isn't even saying anything besides essentially "hi" over and over again, I'm pretty sure I'd ask them why the hell they keep sending me that stupid ****. Jesus, if you've got something that important to say to me, say it.

Any opinions/answers?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:17 pm
I've wondered the same thing about text messaging and people's writing skills (or skillz, if you prefer) going downhill, Chai. I had a group presentation in one of my classes yesterday, and damn me if one of my group members wasn't practically unable to write a sentence. I mean, she didn't know when to pluralize a word for god's sake! And I'm talking about an upper division college class, here.

So I don't know, because since going back to school, I've realized that a TON of people are really unable to write, they're not just choosing not to bother. But they're in their late teens and early twenties, so they were learning to write before texting was becoming the thing to do, weren't they? So I don't think that explains all of it.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:19 pm
All I can say is, toogood, make sure you actually CAN write if you want to, because otherwise you'll get to college and your fellow students will want to kill you for getting them a sh*tty grade on group work (oh, no, I'm not talking about you, Veronica!! grrrr....)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:23 pm
toogood18 wrote:
how would u know how i speak i can't make capital letters when i speak Rolling Eyes and i only write like this on the computer. i just got out of school not long ago i don't want to write right

If you don't use it, you lose it.

Since the "invention" of spell check, I know a great many one-time-spelling-bee champs who lost their spelling ability and now rely on spell check instead of their brains.

You can't make capital letters when you speak but you sure can learn how to use words properly. Which you don't on here. So what would make us think you are any different in real life? Perception is reality. And my perception of you is that you lack basic communication skills.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:24 pm
oh...by the way toogood....

you keep saying you do certain things because "you want to" that is one lame excuse.

You want others to realize you're intelligent, but you can't even formulate an idea past "I want too" That's a baby reply, used by someone who in honestly has no idea why they do something.

Pretty soon, people are going to be tired of hearing "because I want too" because you're not going to be 13 anymore.

Hey, that was pretty funny when you said "I can capitalize when I talk....you apparantly can't capitalize when you write either.

All human beings want respect. You need to learn you earn respect, it just isn't given to you.
You're not too young to realize that it's your personal actions that influence how others treat you.

If you write like a baby, you'll be treated like a baby. If you write with a little care and intelligence, you'll be treated like someone who's intelligent.

I guess one of the things that work with kids is that they turn around and throw insults when they don't like what someone has to say. That too is what babies do, they throw tantrums, pout and tell people "you're just jealous"...of what? a kid that can't even write?

What you sow you'll reap. Sow into the minds of others that you're smart, and you'll be treated that way.
Very true, no one can hear anyones voice hear, so we have to judge by the way someone writes as to what they are like.

And frankly, from the way you write, you come across as someone who has nothing to say.

If you're going to come back and whine, "you don't know me" well, you're correct. That's because you haven't written anything that shows a thing about who you are.

I don't mind talking to you, I'd like to hear what you have to say about things. But no one can figure out who you are or what you think if you can't even let a person figure out when one sentence stops and another begins.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:43 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Eva wrote:
13 is middle school, Chai. Ease up.

toogood...this is an adult forum. I suggest you find something more age-appropriate. I doubt very seriously that your parents would approve of you interacting with middle aged people on sexual and relationship topics. Sorry, but this place isn't a good fit for you. I wish you the best of luck in finding a group that's more compatible.

serious question eva.....when I was a kid, people when into high school as a freshman @ 14 (sometimes 13)...sophomore at 15, junior at 16, senior at 17, so you graduated high school at 17 or so.

So people no longer attend High School for 4 years? Is middle school just some fancy name or the 1st 2 years of high school?...

In Tulsa, a child who is 13 halfway through the school year (like now) would be in 8th grade. Middle school is grades 6 thru 8...what we used to call junior high.

I don't know about schools in Austin (or wherever toogood lives), but I do know that schools in Dallas and Wichita Falls are the same. Kids are usually 18 when they graduate from high school unless they were held back early on (pretty common)...in which case they are 19.

My son is 12, like most of his friends in 7th grade. I would have a hissy fit if I found out he was having conversations on sex and relationships with over-40 year olds on a site like this. It's not age-appropriate.

Doesn't A2K have age limits for membership?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:50 pm
Hi Eva!

From the TOS

While Able2Know is a moderated site this service is intended for adults, and you must be thirteen (13) years or older to use the service according to U.S. law.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:58 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
In real life, I totally expect to be able to talk to a 13 year on on adult matters, they may not understand things like stocks and bonds and credita card ratings, but honestly, they should'nt be that far from it. I certainly don't expect them to get their panties in a twist over the word vagina, and if they tittered or giggled, I ask them what's so funny.

Actually, my son could talk to you about stocks and bonds and credit card ratings, but he and his friends (male or female) would choke up, turn red in the face, start giggling and run out of the room if you used the word "vagina." Embarrassment at sexuality is a normal thing at this age and should be expected...especially when talking with adults.

Quote:
...I'm not going to dumb myself down and talk to a 13 year old like they have lived a sheltered life, when I know they have the potential to be little Lolita's and hell cats.

If my grandmother could cross the continent of Europe and the Atlantic Ocean all alone, find herself a place to live and work at 13 years old, then a 13 year old posting here can handle the word cervix.

I'm very sorry your grandmother had to do that. Comparing her life with today's typical American 13 year olds is not fair, though. They're not at all the same. And you know that, so knock off the unfair comparisons.

I'm not suggesting that anyone "dumb down" their posts. I AM suggesting that 13 year olds do not belong on this forum.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:00 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Does anyone have an opinion if this is the direct result of so many people text messaging?

I don't think it's a direct result of it, but certainly as a sidebar.

In general, the ability to form meaningful, correctly spelled sentences seems to have decreased in the past decade.

I think our education system has a part to play.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:01 pm
sublime1 wrote:
Hi Eva!

From the TOS

While Able2Know is a moderated site this service is intended for adults, and you must be thirteen (13) years or older to use the service according to U.S. law.

Thanks, sublime!

I think that's too young, though. Thirteen is not an adult by anyone's definition.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:05 pm
If there were no 13 year olds here then what would happen to all the millberry and rap threads?

Nevermind, I got it.
0 Replies

toogood18

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:09 pm
i made this thread that gay chai tea and her girlfriend shewolfnm and nickfun came on here to talk about vaginas and crap
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:13 pm
sublime1 wrote:
If there were no 13 year olds here then what would happen to all the millberry and rap threads?

Nevermind, I got it.

No more calls, folks. I think we have a winner!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:24 pm
Eva wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
In real life, I totally expect to be able to talk to a 13 year on on adult matters, they may not understand things like stocks and bonds and credita card ratings, but honestly, they should'nt be that far from it. I certainly don't expect them to get their panties in a twist over the word vagina, and if they tittered or giggled, I ask them what's so funny.

Actually, my son could talk to you about stocks and bonds and credit card ratings, but he and his friends (male or female) would choke up, turn red in the face, start giggling and run out of the room if you used the word "vagina." Embarrassment at sexuality is a normal thing at this age and should be expected...especially when talking with adults.

Quote:
...I'm not going to dumb myself down and talk to a 13 year old like they have lived a sheltered life, when I know they have the potential to be little Lolita's and hell cats.

If my grandmother could cross the continent of Europe and the Atlantic Ocean all alone, find herself a place to live and work at 13 years old, then a 13 year old posting here can handle the word cervix.

I'm very sorry your grandmother had to do that. Comparing her life with today's typical American 13 year olds is not fair, though. They're not at all the same. And you know that, so knock off the unfair comparisons.

I'm not suggesting that anyone "dumb down" their posts. I AM suggesting that 13 year olds do not belong on this forum.

Whoa! I totally forgot how smart your son is!!!! I remember you telling stories about his financial knowledge, and it was really impressive.

Oh no, don't feel sorry for my grandmother. I was very proud of her. I wasn't telling her experience for you to feel sorry for her, I always expect people to be awed by what she was able to accomplish. When I was 13 it hit me what she did when she was my age, and let me tell you, it made me look at her with a lot of respect.

Actually, it's a little strange hearing anyone say "feel sorry for" and "my grandmother" in the same sentence. I wish she was here right now. She'd let you know what she thought about someone feeling sorry for her Shocked

I don't have kids, so I have no idea what a "typical" teen life is like. And I really don't understand what's so wrong with comparing. What? Somehow kids today are not expected to show such character? They're "supposed" to live in some kind of unnatural extended childhood? To move forward just a few years, I find it appalling that SOME 18 or 20 year olds can't figure out how to do laundry, or cook a meal. We keep pushing adulthood further and further away. There seems to be this idea that "adulthood bad, childhood good" The satisfaction of being young and being able to understand adult conversation or make intelligent decisions translates into "we're pushing the children too hard".

Is it really too much to ask a 13 year old to write an intelligent sentence? Is it wrong to feel annoyed when you get as an answer "I don't want to"?

"I've been in school all day writing right....I don't want to now"...Jesus Christ that's totally embarassing. That's like the last year of sitting at the childrens table at Thanksgiving. Remember how you couldn't wait to sit with the adults.

You know, childhood is when you're little and running around in the backyard with the sprinkler on.

If this kid wants kid conversation, let her go back to millsberry. If she wants to learn a little something about adult stuff maybe she needs to learn that the world isn't all overly impressed with her. She's gonna have to try a little harder to fit in with the big dogs, and that won't be by saying dumb ass stuff like "you don't know me" and "riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhtttt"
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:24:51