I'm Hot ur not so deal with it

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:27 am
Chai wrote:
If my grandmother could cross the continent of Europe and the Atlantic Ocean all alone, find herself a place to live and work at 13 years old, then a 13 year old posting here can handle the word cervix.

That might make a good sig line for someone. Not me... but someone.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:33 am
Eva wrote:
toogood...this is an adult forum. I suggest you find something more age-appropriate. I doubt very seriously that your parents would approve of you interacting with middle aged people on sexual and relationship topics. Sorry, but this place isn't a good fit for you. I wish you the best of luck in finding a group that's more compatible.

Assuming toogood is 13, I agree with Eva's suggestion that A2K isn't the best place for a 13 year old. It's the minimum age allowable by law to join a web forum without written parental permission, but that doesn't mean that everything here is appropriate for a 13 year old. I don't think everything here is intended to be PG-13 compatible (to use the movie rating example) and I certainly don't want my 14 year old here, but that's where parental involvement comes in.

If toogood hangs with the big kids, then she/he is going to be exposed to things that a parent might not approve of. It's not up to the people here to filter everything down to avoid offending a 13 year old. It's up to the parents to be aware of what their 13 year old is doing on the internet.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:37 am
Chai Tea wrote:
So people no longer attend High School for 4 years? Is middle school just some fancy name or the 1st 2 years of high school?

No, there are still 4 years of high school. Most kids turn 14 sometime during the 8th grade. I'm guessing toogood is in either 7th or 8th grade, depending on when her birthday falls.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:40 am
If I remember correctly, I went into 9th grade at age 13, and turned 14 a month into it...bday is in Oct.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:49 am
I agree with JPB, but I also agree with dadpad. I don't think we should have to censor what we say in terms of "oooh a 13 year old is watching," but I think that's different from purposely engaging the 13-year-old in some sort of extremely mismatched battle of wits. Teasing isn't fun to watch if the teasee is so completely clueless, and persisting does seem plain mean-spirited.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 11:51 am
I am holding my penis right now.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:05 pm
Lovely
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:07 pm
sozobe wrote:
I agree with JPB, but I also agree with dadpad. I don't think we should have to censor what we say in terms of "oooh a 13 year old is watching," but I think that's different from purposely engaging the 13-year-old in some sort of extremely mismatched battle of wits. Teasing isn't fun to watch if the teasee is so completely clueless, and persisting does seem plain mean-spirited.

toogood is not as clueless as she seems to some here.

And if she wants to sharpen her wits, she needs to be challenged, not going around posting non-sequitors and pretending not to follow the flow the conversation.

It'd be nice for some to think 13 year olds are only going to run into pleasant caring people all the time until they are ready to grow up....but they're not, they're going to run into people like me.

Nature grows roses and stinkweeds. Both serve a purpose.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:08 pm
JPB wrote:
Lovely

Just trying to make conversation.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:10 pm
Chai wrote:
Nature grows roses and stinkweeds. Both serve a purpose.

And a fish begins to rot at the head.

(Only the enlightened will understand the meaning of that.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:24 pm
Are we supposed to be not saying certain words now because this kid is supposedly too young to handle it?

Well, what the f*ck are the words we can't f*cking say then?! I would like to f*cking know, ya prick bastards, so I don't say any of the motherf*ckers any motherf*cking more!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:11 pm
kickycan wrote:
Are we supposed to be not saying certain words now because this kid is supposedly too young to handle it?

Well, what the f*ck are the words we can't f*cking say then?! I would like to f*cking know, ya prick bastards, so I don't say any of the motherf*ckers any motherf*cking more!

No, I think it's the all around feeling that 13 year olds are little innocent fairy children dancing around an english garden and gasping with delight when a shrub erupts with butterflies whirling around their heads.

13 year olds are angst ridden entities that live in their own private bubble. They are artists are selective deafness and eye rolling, and think the world owes them something.

Teasing them gives them what they want, something to whine and bitch about. So it's a win/win situation all around.
0 Replies

toogood18

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:46 pm
none of ya'll know anything about me. i choose to do what i do on my on i didn't say anything was wrong with any of them words either. i don't need anyone teaching me anything on here if i wanted to learn more i would stay in school longer than the eight hours i already do. and u will not find one thirteen year old who believes in santa claus are fairly land chai tea. and i'm not a truck driver either. if ask didn't want thirteen year olds on here they wouldn't allow me on here and last time i checked the title i wrote this i didn't ask for anyone who wasn't going to direct their attention on me to come here and how was i supposed to know some perverts was going to come here anyways Question Question Exclamation Exclamation
0 Replies

toogood18

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:49 pm
i'm in the 7th grade and u 40 year old perverts r trying to teach me some manners well isn't that crap
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:54 pm
See?

She's having the time of her life in those last 2 posts.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:55 pm
toogood18 wrote:
i'm in the 7th grade and u 40 year old perverts r trying to teach me some manners well isn't that crap

I'm not trying to teach you anything. I'm just trying to be an assh*le, like always.

Am I succeeding?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:56 pm
ding ding!

we have a winner
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 03:20 pm
I got a question, really.

When you're in school taking a test, do you write like you do here?

I figure it's got to be intentional when you write "hole" for "whole" and don't punctuate, like ever.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't check my spelling often enough here, and my fingers type faster than my brain sometimes. I'll leave out periods and capitalizations, but hopefully I still come across as someone with a brain.

Seriously, whether you choose to or not, do you really not know the proper way to spell common words, or to throw a comma or period in once in a while?

Now before all you good people start thinking I'm just so mean....c'mon....an 8 year old should know the difference between "hole & whole" "piece & peace" "there, their and they're" I refuse to believe that whoever toogood is, that he/she doesn't know this. No one can chronically write so badly and not be pulling someones leg.
0 Replies

toogood18

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 03:43 pm
no i don't write like that i choose to and the whole thing when i wrote that word wrong is called a typo and there isn't many 8 year olds who would know that
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 03:53 pm
I think people are worrying needlessly about toogood. I really haven't gotten the impression she's felt harrassed, I think she's been has been looking for attention, and getting attention. If she didn't want any of the grown-ups here bothering with talking to her, she wouldn't come on serious threads where people are talking about completely un-toogood-related topics and interject "hey hey hey." That's looking for attention.

I've spent tons of time with kids her age, because I've done a lot of tutoring, baby-sitting, volunteering with kids' programs, etc, and I can completely imagine the 13-year-olds of my acquaintance getting a kick out of going on a forum with a bunch of adults and hoping to get a rise out of the old farts by jumping into discussions with non-sequitors, and talking about how fun it is to date and dump lots of boys, etc.

Toogood, if you've been freaked out or felt picked on, or anything like that, I really sincerely apologize for any part I've had in that. I think you seem bright and able to handle yourself-- which is why I think you have probably not felt overwhelmed by the "big kids" on here messing with you.

But, if you have felt like people are hassling you for real, say so, and I know everyone will quit (especially if you don't go into other people's threads and say nonsense stuff).
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:27:22