We Chose to Adhere to this Because?

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:15 pm
We Chose to Adhere to this Because?

Unbeknownst to many, is the fact that by examining choices, a lot can be known about an individual's character. What one chooses to accept and adhere to is indicative of what type of mindset that individual possesses. For example; People who choose to adhere to and love to pay their share of tithes or taxes are generally people who have love for their neighbors and community. They are also people who generally don't mind some type of sacrifice. While on the other hand, those people who choose to adhere to and hate to pay their share of tithes or taxes are generally people who really don't care about others, and their community. They are also people who generally hate to commit any significant sacrifice which does not directly benefit them. If given the choice, these people will try to find a way to pay less of their taxes while trying to make others pay more.

Also unbeknownst to many, is the fact that the Bible's construction is based on these "choices." It utilizes these "choices" to test an individuals spirit or mindset. And based on their spirit or mindset, an individual will read and choose a belief or a doctrine which appeals to them. This is why there are so many beliefs and doctrines which are currently floating around in the Christian community. And it is also the reason why there are many things which seem to contradict in the Bible. For example;

One of the popular Doctrines which is currently floating around is that Believers are not justified by works. Much of this Doctrine is based on Galatians 2:16 which seems to suggest that Believers are not justified by works.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

While On the other hand, in James 2:21- 24, Believers are told that they are justified by works.

James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
James 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
James 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent [them] out another way?

So, with the ability to choose, what has currently happened is that instead of adhering to the passages in James, Believers have chosen to ignore it and adhere to the passage in Galatians.

Now, questions:

1. Why have the Shepherds chosen to build a doctrine based on Galatians 2:16 while ignoring James 2:21-24?

2. Why are the people so quick to accept a passage which seems to tell them that there is no work for them to do while quickly ignoring the passages which tell them otherwise?

3. Why did you choose to adhere to Galatians 2:16 while ignoring James 2:21-24?

4.What does this say about the current mindset of the people?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 855 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 11:21 pm
You make a good point here mindy.

I tend to believe people are saved by the grace of God and works will follow.

God was willing to love me first. I want to show my love, honor, and respect as best I can in return.

I fall short many times. His grace is sufficient.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 02:10 pm
Bartikus wrote:

God was willing to love me first. I want to show my love, honor, and respect as best I can in return.

Salvation takes three: God,Man, and Messias. God provides the Grace, Man provides the Works, and Messias provides the Judgement and Deliverance

LOL! Unfortunately most people have the idea that work is not necessary. They believe that man has nothing to do but to relax and enjoy. They are in for a rude awakening.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:02 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

Salvation takes three: God,Man, and Messias. God provides the Grace, Man provides the Works, and Messias provides the Judgement and Deliverance

LOL! Unfortunately most people have the idea that work is not necessary. They believe that man has nothing to do but to relax and enjoy. They are in for a rude awakening.

Do you realize what you are laughing out loud about? If so......what? I don't see the humor or amusement. Do these good works... Love and pray for such people mindy. That way you are not rudely awakened.

Laughing at the misfortune or ignorance of others does not qualify as a good work......just the opposite i think. What do you think?
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:29 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

Do you realize what you are laughing out loud about? If so......what? I don't see the humor or amusement. Do these good works... Love and pray for such people mindy. That way you are not rudely awakened.

Laughing at the misfortune or ignorance of others does not qualify as a good work......just the opposite i think. What do you think?

What is wrong with laughing at those who have chosen the path of ignorance? You can Love and pray for such people and still laugh.

Psalms 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 07:52 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Mindonfire wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

What is wrong with laughing at those who have chosen the path of ignorance? You can Love and pray for such people and still laugh.

Psalms 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

It's ok to laugh at those in need? Really?

Mindonfire wrote:
So forget those who have not been quite as fortunate and just tell them to enjoy life. "Go ahead 90% enjoy life without any food and water. Enjoy life while your children are starving to death or dying from some curable disease that you can't get because you can't afford it. Enjoy life without proper learning facilities. Enjoy life without any adequate facilities. Enjoy life while your relatives are dying all around you. Can't you see we 10% are able to do it with our three meals a day and steaks and occasional alcoholic drinks." What has this world come to. We have never seen such callous and cold-hearted people.

If I ignore and turn a blind eye i'm callous and cold hearted....but, if I laugh.....it's all good?

I tend to laugh when I see something amusing or something joyful. Happy!

Neither happiness nor joy is what comes to mind when hearing that anyone receives a rude awakening.

Rudeness is not usually a joyful or gleeful quality. Someone who has compassion for another would not laugh at them.

I think we should pray for God's mercy....for people on any path. What do you say?

I seen a young man who was on a path of ignorance regarding drinking and driving. I laughed as he weaved back and forth on the road and said to myself "what a goofball"?

He was driving about 70 mph in a 45 zone.

A couple miles ahead he had crashed and the vehicle was in flames.

I thought the man was dead. He was not but, was pinned in the car where his legs were stuck and could not remove himself nor could anyone at the scene help.

There was no laughter. Just screams and tears from all.

I weep for those who could draw amusement from such things.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 09:26 pm
Bartikus wrote:

It's ok to laugh at those in need? Really?[/quote]

No, just those who refuse to see the truth. Those who know the truth but don't want to accept it. Those who believe that they can outsmart God. Those who were giving the opportunity which others wish that they could have.

Bartikus wrote:
If I ignore and turn a blind eye i'm callous and cold hearted....but, if I laugh.....it's all good?

Depends on who you are laughing at. Look at the Psalm again

Bartikus wrote:
I tend to laugh when I see something amusing or something joyful. Happy!

Neither happiness nor joy is what comes to mind when hearing that anyone receives a rude awakening.

Rudeness is not usually a joyful or gleeful quality. Someone who has compassion for another would not laugh at them.

Maybe you should read some more Psalms

Psalms 37:12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
Psalms 37:13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

Psalms 52:6 The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:

Bartikus wrote:
I think we should pray for God's mercy....for people on any path. What do you say?

True, but there comes a time when prayer stops. Have you ever studied where Samuel was praying for Saul, and the Lord told him to stop praying for him because his spirit had passed from Saul?

Bartikus wrote:
I seen a young man who was on a path of ignorance regarding drinking and driving. I laughed as he weaved back and forth on the road and said to myself "what a goofball"?

He was driving about 70 mph in a 45 zone.

A couple miles ahead he had crashed and the vehicle was in flames.

I thought the man was dead. He was not but, was pinned in the car where his legs were stuck and could not remove himself nor could anyone at the scene help.

There was no laughter. Just screams and tears from all.

I weep for those who could draw amusement from such things.

Much different circumstance.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 10:50 pm
Is it time to stop praying?

I admit I'm not a bible scholar of any sort.

I'm not sure what your point is. Who could believe they can outsmart God?

That's weird to say the least.

Going back to your original post. Forsaking the scriptures in James over Galations or vice versa is probably not a good idea. Do you agree?

Galations speaks about works of the law while James speaks about works in general.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 09:25 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Is it time to stop praying?

I admit I'm not a bible scholar of any sort.

I'm not sure what your point is. Who could believe they can outsmart God?

That's weird to say the least.

Going back to your original post. Forsaking the scriptures in James over Galations or vice versa is probably not a good idea. Do you agree?

Galations speaks about works of the law while James speaks about works in general.

Actually you are closer than most. Galations speaks about works of the Law while James speaks about works of faith. There are two types of works in this world: Works of Faith and Works of the Law.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:24 pm
Works of the law and of faith....I think I can understand the difference. Thanks for pointing this out mindy.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 11:17 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Works of the law and of faith....I think I can understand the difference. Thanks for pointing this out mindy.

Well glad you understand. Hopefully it will help you.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 05:05 am
Hopefully this information can be helpful to more than just me.
0 Replies

Mindonfire

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:00 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Hopefully this information can be helpful to more than just me.

Hope so, but in this day and age, very few are able to see that works are necessary for God. Everyone wants something for nothing.
0 Replies