Thu 19 Jun, 2003 04:28 pm
The DJs sought help from Castro in tracking down a suitcase containing secret documents "Chavez" said he lost during the leaders' recent trip to Argentina.
Eventually, a man posing as a Chavez aide asked Castro: "Do you agree with the **** on the island, murderer?" and added, "You fell for it ... the whole of Miami is listening to you, Fidel Castro."
"What did I fall for, you ****?" the irate Cuban leader answered, adding further crude expletives, including references to the anatomy of the host's mother. Castro eventually hung up, ending the 25-minute conversation.
What's more fun than jacking with brutal, murdering dictators?
...I try to do it every day...
I heard the prank and it was indeed very funny (much better than the one they did on Chávez).
Fidel got absolutely furious, and threw one dirty word after another at the speed of light. Probably he was so furious because, for an old politican wolf like Castro, to be caught is another sign of his personal mental decay.
I guess he deserves it. Castro records his telephone conversations with other Presidents, without telling them.
I have a couple of serious sidebar questions:
If it was worth losing 175 American lives "to free the Iraqi people," why haven't we invaded Cuba?
Bush has said "Freedom comes from God," which begs the question, "What does God have against the people of Cuba?"
Why hasn't the US invaded Cuba (since Bay of Pigs)?
1. Pretexts are harder to find. No links to terrorism.
2. Cuba has not the strategic importance of Iraq.
3. No oil.
4. Even less international acceptance if such a move is done.
5. Cubans have much beter propaganda abilities than Iraqis.
6. A tougher army to contend.
7. "Collateral damage" very likely to include relatives of Florida voters.
8. Inasmuch the majority of Cubans in the island hate Castro, the majority of Cubans in the island hate the US too, because of the embargo.
What does God have against the people in Cuba?
1. Nothing. Freedom does not come from God.
I would like to see Arafat or Rantissi punked by some joker (Israeli TV employs as an entertainer a professional hoaxer Eli Yatzpan, by the way, he speaks Arabic since he was born in Iraq).