Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

maporsche

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:12 pm
@Shapeless,
Flashbacks......or some other movie trick.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2010 05:16 pm
@lillyrox,
I think it's kind of funny that you fell for it. I mean, when I read it, it seems pretty obvious that it's a joke (see part in bold/blue). And the 3 post from a fan calls out April Fools.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Alan Horn: Deathly Hallows to be made into trilogy, final part coming in July 2013
Warner Brothers today announced that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be split into three parts. Parts 1 and 2 retain their November and July dates respectively, while Part 3 will hit theaters in July 2013.

We spoke to a source at Leavesden Studios, who revealed: "We've got to be honest. When we started shooting Deathly Hallows, none of us wanted to stop. We experienced a fan-gasm. The book is simply amazing, and we love the people we work with. Each time we shot a scene we shot way too much extra footage because we loved the content so much. Before we knew it, we had enough content to fill three films."

When the Potter production team shared this news with Warner Brothers, many higher-ups - most notably CEO Alan Horn - jumped on the opportunity to turn it into a three-part finale.

One source at Warner Brothers' Burbank headquarters told us, "Mr. Horn got so excited when he heard about all the extra footage that he immediately jumped out of his chair, picked up his Looney Tunes commemorative pen, and started pretending to throw Avada Kedavra spells at other studio's headquarters he could see out his window. He knows that other studios are gonna hate this news."

WB tells us that the reason Parts 2 and 3 have a 2-year delay in between them is due to the fact that they want the franchise to last longer. It also helps WB's bottom line.
Posted by Micah on Apr 1st | 202 Comments

Visitor Comments

Posted by IcanhazPotturpls Apr 1st 2010
WHAT?! WHAT?!?!?!?!!? As if.. This is good & bad. A two year spread??? Can we even be asked to wait so long? And yet.. more Potter, should I complain? *confused* First?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Kaitlynnn Apr 1st 2010
lollllz. sighhh, this would be so awesome. funny how alan horn decided to make this announcement today...Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by maddyvoldy Apr 1st 2010
lol April Fool?

Posted by muggleish Apr 1st 2010
hahahaha. one of the best yet. love you mugglenet! xx

Posted by sunshine26 Apr 1st 2010
hahahahahahahahahaha! You didn't get me. Although this is funny! Keep 'em coming!

lillyrox

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 03:47 pm
@maporsche,
I still can't believe I was one of the only ones that fell for it. But then, Passover is the most pressuring holidays I have.
0 Replies